Appstle℠ Subscriptions

Appstle℠ Subscriptions

Free plan available. 10-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.9)
Developer
4.9
April 8, 2022

The team is extremely responsive and helpful, which is the most important thing. The app needs better front-end customizability for styling and more accommodation for products that are digital or SaaS subscriptions. The app is tailored to physical goods. They also need better integration with klaviyo or more documentation on how to design your own transactional emails outside appstle. If you don't know HTML it is very difficult to design your own emails outside of the Appstle email editor (which is very limited), and still be able to use unique customer variables for transactional emails.

StackCare Store
Time spent using app: 2 months
Appstle Inc. replied April 8, 2022

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. It will help us to improve and better serve our merchants. Currently, we are working with the Kalviyo team for a deeper integration. We will surely work on the documentation part as well.

April 4, 2022

I have already recommended Appstle to a couple others who are looking for a subscription-type app, and also generally in one of my ecommerce groups. The customer support is 1000%; they are helpful and quick. I feel they go above and beyond. The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is because I would prefer that some of the universal settings be customizable at the product level. I have several ideas of memberships and subscriptions for my shop that are quite varied and I have to think about how to set up the settings so that it applies to any kind of product.

Catch the Fire Worship Flags
Time spent using app: 2 months
Appstle Inc. replied April 4, 2022

Hello,

We are glad to receive such motivating words from you. Really appreciate it!

Regarding the use case suggestions, I have reached out to you via chat/email, to understand your use cases and requirements better, and to have our dev team build the functionalities.

Looking forward to connecting with you on this!

Edited May 31, 2022

Pretty easy integration, Had an issue with a customer having a broken 'Manage Subscription" link, they fixed it. Then had a link that expired, learned Shopify has a 7 day expiration day for links. Now I have to help customers create an account on my site so they can always access their subscriptions. Seem convoluted but appstle tech support was good. 5 Month Update- Customer Service is a highlight of their company, great support!

Mat's Beard Bar
Time spent using app: 4 months
March 26, 2022

I am just in the process of setting up the subscription options on my site and was unsure about a few things - the customer service chat was very helpful in answering my questions and confirming details about shipping options, billing and order automation on the Shopify side. I am excited to see how customers respond to this new purchasing option!

The Formula
Time spent using app: 2 days
March 19, 2022

the integration support is flawless, now it's trying to configure it for our needs but the interface is clean and the integration is dummy-proof.

Do Good Coffee
Time spent using app: About 1 hour
February 28, 2022

very good app. i've been recommending to some friends and even when its free, the app is able to perform well and able to help my business tremendously.

Melty Singapore
Singapore
Time spent using app: 9 months
February 18, 2022

I'm very new to the app so not a lot to say as yet. But so far it is fulfilling what I need. I do think some of the set up docs could be a little clearer. But the support chat was extremely helpful and really went above and beyond my expectations. Really looking forward to using this app to help grow my business :)

Creative Sticker Co
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
February 3, 2022

We struggled with the set up but the support has been great and the subscriptions are now working really well

Colour Streams
Time spent using app: 6 months
January 28, 2022

I used this app to try and help me set up a subscription based systeme for a product we are selling. I was really unsure how to do what I was looking to do (it wasn't that challenging I am just nervous and was looking for support). The support I received was awesome, Hussain took SUCH care of me. i will say that for what I was looking to do, it has a work-around for two different pricing subscription options, but doesn't inherently offer, so if you're looking to offer two different prices, it can do it, just not necessarily built into the app itself. But like, for a free option compared to a lot of others (which are QUITE expensive in lots of cases), can't really say I'm upset.

Take Some Risk
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
Appstle Inc. replied January 28, 2022

Hello,

We are glad to receive such motivating words from you. Regarding your request for separate subscription pricing options, we are unable to offer that as a built-in option, as Shopify rules and setup (applicable to all apps) require the base price of the product to apply for all recurring orders.

We really hope that the two workarounds I suggested during our conversation (first - creating separate product listings, and/or second - using Appstle Subscriptions to provide discounts for multiple subscription frequencies of the same selling plan) will enable you to achieve the output you are looking for.

Please feel free to ping if we can help with anything else.

Edited January 27, 2022

Update: resolved the issue the next day, so appears to all be working now - still think it'd be much better with more documentation, but no problems any longer. :) I want to like this app, but the support is fairly slow - to be fair, it's only been 1/2 a day, but when the app isn't working, that's a long time. And the app just doesn't work. I think it's because it's poorly coded, although I've only spent an hour or so digging into the JS. For example, it has trouble locating all the buy boxes on the page in order to actually add the subscription options, despite selecting them by class. I'd be ok with slow or no support if there were good documentation, but alas, that's also not the case. I'll revise the review if someone gets back to us and fixes the issues, but we just keep getting the same response that they have to "escalate" every issue and don't have a timeframe for getting back to us.

DoggieKarma
Time spent using app: 16 days
Appstle Inc. replied January 27, 2022

Hello,

This is Hemant, the lead dev/CTO of Appstle. I am sorry you had less than a stellar experience with our support. I went through the ticket in detail and the reason we had to involve the dev team, was because, by default, the widget is displayed only for the main product on the product page. It is done this way so that in case you have additional products on the same page, we don't display a widget for them by default.

To show an additional widget, it requires placing our snippet in the liquid code of your theme. We can add it for you but require some details. I have reached out to you on the chat as well. Please let me know a good time to connect.