Sumo

Sumo

by Sumo

Grow your email list. Increase conversions. Increase sales.

Gallant Bullets

This app may be useful in the free version. But SUMO charged me $200/month due to the size of our business. All they did was set up a pop up for our mailing list, and a pop up to help with abandoned carts.

When asked to work with us on a monthly basis to improve conversions and sales, they gave me some tips of things that I could "implement myself".

For that amount of money, I would expect many more features and more support from the "VIP" support.

I'm switching to Bold, because it can do much more than Sumo for half the cost.

Framed Tweets

SO MANY BUGS. I wanted to like it, but it was INCREDIBLY frustrating to use—I lost tons of work and three days later, I'm still not sure if it's set up correctly. Support is unhelpful (although it's not their fault the app is so horrible). Avoid this app.

DirtySouthVintage.com

Somehow we got tricked into a 300 a month plan with a 30 days money back guarantee. Yet the Shopify plans show the top plan at 79 a month. They will use the sales comment how much is it worth to you! Bad sales tactic to charge everyone different prices? Not very transparent, if you ask us. The guy on webcam matt made up some super large numbers for sales we should get back. Did not happen and was not happening. We saw this very fast and asked to cancel and get refunded about 20 times or so. We have yet to be refunded our 300 bucks. We were told we would be getting a custom service yet it all seemed generic. Nothing was even branded to our website. The service in its self is very simple and sure not worth 300 or more a month. We feel they are taking advantage and, making false promises. We told the guy on the webcam we had bad experiences with other apps and was worried about trusting again and he acted like with there company no problems would happen because of the 30 days promised refund. Ok, then matt were is the refund? At this point, we are not sure we will be doing business with any apps anymore as they do not keep there word or promises, heck they do not even stand by the plans they have listed on Shopify, they just make them up as they go along. Why are apps going down such a bad road? Why do this to hard working businesses? Really guys, why? Just be honest with people, treat them right and don't make up lies. If they refund us anytime soon will update this.

Lals Collection

Its a scam... nothing is free. They will first go through you all the hardwork and right at the end, you will have only one choice - a 14-day Trial and a ridiculous amount of money per month. It's a deception, they are NOT FREE Shopify should look into this and force them to immediately remove the FREE tag so they can stop wasting other people's time.

Yer Clothing

It did not work. Tried to install it but the "loading sumo" part just looped. Did not get further than that. So the one star is not for the service as such. I have no way rating it since I never reached beyond trying to set it up.

Lybethras Swimwear

I tried to get help. They responded with "standard" answers that did not solve my problem. The heat maps don't work. When I try to load AppSumo from the app section it trys to load - but never does. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0vckj5o8x8m1cw/Screenshot%202018-07-15%2012.19.13.png?dl=0

Without phone support, this product is a waste of my time. If you get stuck - support is slow and not very helpful.

Gadgetz Online Electronics

Falsely advertised. I went to create a simple popup for capturing emails through the startup wizard for applying a discount code and I wasn't allowed to publish it without paying for it. Complete bullshit. Stay far away from this app, seems like clickbait to me. I'd give it 0 stars if I could.

Hardysucculents

Far too expensive and not so great service.

Warrior Mats

difficult to set-up. I've installed via shopify app centre twice and it still doesnt work; even when it says it is 'published' from their backend. No popup on my site, but their advertising is there! Also: NOT FREE. NONE of the templates are available in the free plan, plus limited features. Seems like a lie to say it's free when - if you want the functionality they advertise - it is not free.

Vote Like A Mother

it really sucks. I had my subscribe pop up designed and ready to go and was ready to give to the client, and lo and behold you cannot create 2 users with free account. definitely NOT worth the monthly charge to make 2 accounts, and no way to transfer? time to start all over. thanks SUMO you SUCK.

Previous 1