Do you need more flexibility than just a title and description for your products or articles? You can have more now with SuperFields!
Every Shopify merchant has faced this problem one day: for most Shopify resources (products, variants, articles, pages, collections...) you can only enter a single description and one image.
But what happens when you want to store additional information (like a list of product instructions)? Unfortunately, you're stuck, and Shopify does not have any way of adding such fields... except by using metafields!
The problem is that metafields can only be created with deep programming knowledge.
But here comes SuperFields: the easiest and most intuitive way to create, organize and manage metafields in Shopify, all for a very affordable price!
When using metafields?
Meta fields can be used for storing additional information for just about anything. Here are some useful cases where metafields can be useful:
- A list of product instructions that are unique to each product.
- Tabs that are unique to each product.
- Hand-picked related products.
- A different author name for your article (useful for guest blogging!).
- ... your imagination is the only limit!
How SuperFields work?
Working with metafields is a two-step process:
- First, you need to create what we call a "definition". Those are the new fields you want to appear on products, collections, articles, pages... Fields can be organized into groups or even sub-groups for easy modification by the merchant. This step is typically done by a developer.
- Then, you can simply fill in the information for your products, collections, articles, pages... like in the standard Shopify administration. This step is typically done by the merchant.
As of today, with SuperFields, you can attach metafields to:
- ... more to come!
You can create the following types of fields:
- Simple text
- Rich text
- Color picker
- Switch (aka checkbox)
Pricing 7-day free trial
Edit and manage metafields.
Edit and manage metafields.
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Sad to say, but theme FOCAL was disappointing. We bought this theme precisely because there are tabs on the product card in this theme. Well, yeah that was it. But really tricky to do. Only suitable for products that all have the same information in tabs. We need product-specific information, such as product description, official product information, video, reviews. The product description did rise automatically when the 1st tag was inserted. But the others are almost impossible to implement, as everyone should have made their own pages and pinned them to the table.
The only sensible way here is to download the ADDITIONAL app SuperFields by Maestrooo, which will then take care of the contents of the other tabs on the products within it. This feature should have been included in this Focal theme, which cost almost two hundred dollars. :(
I hope that this product will be added to all the tabbed themes and that, in addition, this product can be integrated directly into the product card so that there is no need to update information in two places, the product card and the application.
We tried to check our emails and unfortunately we could see that you did not reach us so we could not try to help you on this. We would have appreciated you could have reach us before leaving a negative review.
In your case, all our themes (including Focal) comes with two kind of tabs that can be achieved free of chart:
* The global tab feature: this one allows to attach a given page globally to every product
* The unique tab feature (described here: https://support.maestrooo.com/article/83-product-adding-different-tabs-per-product) which allows you to attach a different page per product, so that each product has their own unique content.
It is true though that you need to create pages. The reason we cannot integrate a metafields solution directly into the theme is because Shopify interface nor the theme have the ability to edit metafields (this is technically not possible as of today).
As a consequence, this is why we offer a third way to do that through an app, but the exact same result can be achieved for free with the theme by using the unique tab feature.
We hope this will clarify the situation and that you will be able to adjust to review to better reflect the actual situation.
Holy Grail Steak Co.
We used this app for a while and it was fine. Then one day it stopped allowing me to update some of the bullets under our items. Since none of functionality was working, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I cannot make changes to the older elements I setup. I contacted customer support who said "You have to set things up exactly the same way you did before in order to make any changes". This did not help me and now we're stuck with it half installed on our site.
Lotus Art Studio
Great app, it very easy to use. You can add metafields to products, categories, pages, etc. I'd highly recommend it.