tawk.to Live Chat

Free Messaging App to Monitor & Chat with site Visitors

Price: Free

Love Zylah

This app is NOT FREE! In the description it says this app is completely free but when you sign up they make you pay. Very misleading and dishonest! If you guys want to charge just say that in the description, waiste of time!!

March 1, 2019

hello! The software is indeed 100% free just so as long as you are happy to keep the little "powered by tawk.to" link on the chat widget.

You can add unlimited agents, and add it to unlimited sites and use it free forever - the only "add-on" option is $12/m to remove our branding, which is 100% optional. Not necessary, and you definitely are not obliged to remove branding :)

Www Annodominii Com

It is not free. After gathering all my information finally when i am about to install the app. it asks for money. Misleading way to attract customers

March 1, 2019

Tech Avenue Ph

It's a FREE app and yes, you get the price of using a "free" app -don't expect too much! After roughly 2 months of using it, I've decided to remove it..Why?

1. You have stay logged to the dashboard -to your computer at all times so that your chat status will also go "on-line" -Not ideal for single person who runs an ecommerce store. I was hoping that I'll be able to manage everything from a smartphone; unless you don't want to miss any chats, -you really have to connect and reconnect to the dashboard (the dashboard times out!), -to your computer from time to time! Really a waste of time! What's the point of scheduler if this app would eventually go offline if you can't keep an eye on the dashboard?

2. Tawk.to App (iOS), -This app is having a hard time pulling/displaying messages when connected to 3G or LTE, or even when connected to Wifi, messages would came late and sometimes, messages would not appear at all! I ended up tons of "missed chats"!

3. UI - The dashboard has very confusing UI.There are portions/settings that are invaluable to ran a chat for an ecommerce store.

This app is very promising, but very buggy. and in my opinion should be designed and tested from a seller/store owner point of view.

August 31, 2021

Hi Tech Avenue Ph,

Thank you for choosing tawk.to and for sharing your challenge here.

Here is information addressing your concerns along with a few suggestions for using the tawk.to app.

1. User status will not be changed from active to inactive as a result of being idle or not viewing the tawk.to Dashboard.

If your computer or browser has a sleep mode setting, this will cut off the internet connection and set your status to offline in the Dashboard.

You can find your Sleep mode settings in the Monitoring section.

If an agent is inactive for 10 minutes (default setting), incoming visitor events will turn off. However, the whole Dashboard can still receive chats and will remain active.

You can modify the time settings or completely disable sleep mode.

To learn more about the sleep mode feature, visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/enabling-the-sleep-mode-feature

2. For iOS, please try using a different internet connection.
e.g. if you are using wifi, please try 4G or another wifi connection going through a different access point and/or ISP and vice versa.

Also please disable any VPNs you may have enabled. You might also try killing the app (double-tap the home button and swipe the tawk.app away and up) and then restart it.

To send a bug report, please do the following:

> open settings
> open the app left menu (top left)
> tap on the gear icon (top left)
> tap on "Report a bug"

3. We have just released a major update to our chat widget.

See our latest release here: https://www.tawk.to/category/updates/

Our Widget Cards allow you to personalize the content of your chat widget. You can add any kind of content to your chat widget, including videos, images and a search bar. It’s like having a mini-website in the chat.

To learn more about how to customize the Widget Cards, visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/customizing-the-widget-header-and-body-cards

We have a 24/7 support line that you can contact for urgent matters. Our live agents are always available to assist you.

Let me know if you have any other questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to. Here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I'd be happy to help!

Neptune Wild

Dec. 20, 2016.

WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL. What's the point in having this app when Users can't type in their message in the message box? Another star knocked off because now you can't even type in your message in the message of the widget. The widget is unscrollable and the message box is hidden by the mobile keypad. I emailed Support and never heard back.

UPDATE: Dec. 24, 2016
After I uninstalled this app and set my website to go live, I got a chat message with IP address located in "Latvia", Person from tawk.to wrote "YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG".

If you go to their website, all of their job openings are located in "LATVIA".

My review on here was to help you guys make a better Chat widget because everyone is migrating to your competitor TIDIO. But instead I got a harassment message.

3rd UPDATE Dec. 24, 2016:
Five minutes I updated my review, I got another chat saying "YOU'RE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED"....Proof

1 3 Next