TaxJar Sales Tax Automation

TaxJar Sales Tax Automation | Reviews

by TaxJar

Save Hours on Sales Tax for Your Store

A Southern Lifestyle Co.

Helped with NOTHING! NO HUMANS TO HELP WITH SETUP - "Fix Issues" is a popular link title they throw around the dashboard but when you click the link it doesn't take you to anywhere to actually resolve the issue.
Says I need to upgrade to another tier or switch to annual billing BUT GUESS WHAT? there's NO WAY TO SWITCH to annual billing!!!! So frustrating! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE, DITCH THIS APP AND FILE YOUR STATE TAXES DIRECT.

fluidfreeride.com

WARNING: whenever you use the edit function on an order in shopify and you remove products (e.g. order changes prior to shipping), the removed product will be included in your revenue that tax jar uses for auto file. Reached out to their support after we discovered thousands of dollars in overpaid taxes and was told "just don't use the edit order functionality". This essentially renders the app useless for shopify. We are in process of cleaning this up - we may need to eat a huge chunk of overpaid sales tax here.

BIBS & TUCKER CO. LLC

This is a scam. No one answers the phone, email, or chat. I received an email saying my taxes had been filed and the money would be taken out of my account soon if it had not already been taken out. Next thing I know I'm getting a letter from the comptroller saying I have late fees for not filing on time plus I still need to file for the quarter. WTF!!!! Now I have to file myself and pay late fees because this service did not do what I paid it to do. Makes me worried that now they have all my information and it seems to just be a scam. WASTE OF MONEY!

T A Y Online Store

Please stay away from this app, there are a lot of hidden charges that they won't tell you about it, they charged me $950 for filing $0 in returns no one has EVER told me that I will be paying this amount. This is a complete scam

Digital Supply USA

My experience has been just like everyone else... once they get you into a contract they don't help you as they got your money which is all they want. :(

Shop Glorious Garments

I'm having so much trouble understanding this app right now, support is non-existent. Nobody will speak on the phone unless you want to talk with sales staff. Chat support is really just email. I want my money BACK!!!!

West Coast Goalkeeping

missed tax payment ... showed them and they said they could file it in 6-8 weeks-- oh and I got a late fee

AllStitch Embroidery Supplies

Sorry, I tried this service out for 3 months and is has several shortcomings that prevent me from recommending it. I also recommend you do not pay for it a year in advance, if you cancel they will not offer a prorated refund.

• There’s too much manual work involved in marking tax exempt orders to make it useful for me. There is zero automation for this.
• No assurance that I could get shopify set up to charge the same sales tax that Taxjar's internal algorithm would compute. Taxjar integration is really one way, they compute accurate taxes on their end with their algorithm, and near impossible to get your store set up to compute the same rates.
• Can’t use auto file because of the above differences and inability to automatically recognize exempt orders

Red Jacket Boutique

DO NOT recommend this app. There is absolutely no way to get a hold of customer support and they never get back to emails. PayPal does NOT integrate with this app. Would not recommend to anyone. HUGE waste of money.

March 13, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Though the subscription plan you selected includes email support, we took a look at your ticket and can confirm that a member of our support team responded to your email the same business day. We are ready and willing to provide further help, but we have not yet received a response from you with the detail we need to move forward working on your case. If you could reply to that email with the additional information our team member requested, we're confident we can help resolve all of the questions you have. And, if you are interested in upgrading to a subscription plan that includes immediate phone support, we'd also be happy to share more detail about that plan.

Lmtless Life Nutrition

This app is a joke, the support team is a joke, everything about this is a joke...

I paid $19 and tried to have it remit my state sales tax and TaxJar wanted to remit incorrect amounts to incorrect counties and cities. I tried to notify them and work with Customer Support to get the issue resolved and they're completely incompetent and won't speak with me and have repeatedly asked the same questions email after email after email, and every time I answer exactly what they ask.

As a CPA I'm completely unsatisfied because this service had so much potential but it's being squandered by people who lack understanding of basic business practices. Fire you entire support staff and start over please, you'll be better off because of it.

February 21, 2020

Hi there,
We reviewed your support ticket and saw that we were able to fully address your concerns about our product and services. Thank you for working with us to ensure we had all of the detail we needed to get you the answers to your questions!

Previous 1