TaxJar Sales Tax Automation

Save Hours on Sales Tax for Your Store

From $19/month. 30-day free trial.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

SoundAssured

Time spent using app Over 1 year

We signed up for this app because they promised that it could provide needed data regarding nexus. We paid almost $6k for their system and now that it is all set up we are not able to pull the needed data that was promised. They will not refund us despite having tried for over a month. Now we have to pay a different tax advisor more money to get the actual info. This company has terrible customer service and was deceptive when explaining their features. The system is clunky and slow. Use a local sales tax advisor and the native Shopify features and you will be fine.

The Real Force

Shady On-Boarding Practices: If you are a small business, don't use this app. It will not save you time nor money. It's built for big business with Nexus in multiple states. But they will not tell you that. My sales rep put us on the $100/month plan, although almost a year later I found out there was a $20/month plan that would have been better for a business of my size (there was no mention of this cheaper plan at the time). They will also put you in a year contract without tell you (yep, it's one of those companies). Being on the Shopify app store, it's assumed the app is month-to-month like all other apps. Lastly, if you go over the order value on your account (maybe you get a good sales month), an extra $100 fee is put onto your account (not like a $100 a month was enough already for what we were using it for). ---------- The only reason reason I gave them 2 STARS instead of 1 is because they did help me after hearing about this experience. Basically, don't rely on the sales reps with this company. Do your own research before using. If not, it could cost your 100's of dollars like it did me.

Out of Darts

At $50/month, it did show me where I have economic nexus. After several months of $50 charges, I find out that they are delaying Auto-file as an option, but offer no concession in the meantime. I feel that the app isn't worth it just for the data, as I was sold on the auto-file option (at additional cost).

This data isn't helpful without auto-file, so do your homework before signing up. You'll still need to file manually to take care of your sales tax due. This is potentially hundreds of data entries per state.