Bold Brain ‑ AI for your store

Bold Brain ‑ AI for your store

by BOLD

Product Recommendation through AI and Machine Learning

The Winning Brand

Can't this app to work properly.

The Otaku Box Shop

Won't install, says "whoops, an error has occurred".

Resin Obsession

This app should be called 'half a brain'.

I already had the Product Upsell app installed when I got notification that I could add Bold Brain for free. Here's been my experiences:

1. It makes recommendations without looking at what you already have upsells for in the product upsell app. i.e. It may make recommendations for upsells that you already have in place.

2. I don't know how it makes some of the recommendations it does. About two-thirds of what it tells me, I have to tell it to exclude the recommendation because the products do not go together at all.

If you do decide to install the app, you need to go back regularly to see if the recommendations are performing especially since they go towards your monthly view totals, which means you may have to upgrade your upsell plan.

In the end, you are smarter than the Brain. Remember that.

On a side note, in general, I have been disappointed with Bold's customer service on this app and all their others that I have installed (these two plus product discount and sales motivator). They never admit anything is a problem on their end and always blame it on some other app I have in my store, Shopify, or operator error. I have only ever had them admit once they were aware of the problem I was inquiring about and was told they would get back with me. That was 6 weeks ago. I really wanted to use their upsell after checkout app, but since I've had the upsell app script cause my store to hang up and not add products to the cart correctly, I'm not willing to risk it.

UPDATE:

Within a few hours of writing this review, I received an email from Bold asking for more details. I ended up having a 45 minute conversation with a Bold Commerce representative where I talked about this app, a few of their others and their company culture of how technical support requests are handled. I felt like he listened to me and what I had to say, although I'm still a bit skeptical about whether any changes will be made. I have asked Bold to stay in touch with me and let me know if changes are made, in which case, I will be happy to update this review.

Oneinvincibles

Great app for analytical purposes!

The Bircher Bar

Awesome app that works perfectly. Absolutely love it!

Driven Queens

Gives customers options to choose from.

Just Fv Fv

great app so far no complaints about the app recomend to install

Cowpresso Coffee Roasters

Very Easy to use and Utilize, awesome keeping it FREE! Thanks Team :) - Cowpresso Coffee Roasters Singapore

Agape Nutrition

It may work well, but I never installed it as it required changes to my cart and I got a warning when I went to install it. It may work well, but the installation was worrisome.

Catrescue

Bold Brain does the thinking for me and that's a relief. This has proven to be a valuable tool in selling.