Bold Brain ‑ AI for your store

Bold Brain ‑ AI for your store

by BOLD

Product Recommendation through AI and Machine Learning

Strangeshirts

Don't waste your time can't do what it says it does without you buying pretty much all the Bold apps $$$

I was told I would have to uninstall all the apps that i have been using for the past 2 years on over 150 products, just so i can get the upsell app to select more than one option.

Also was told that there's not enough data for the bold brain, even though we have been online for 2 years with almost 3000 sales... not sure how much more data you need for something that's supposed to be smarter than me...

May 28, 2019

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of our app.I'm deeply sorry to hear about that you weren't satisfied with our app - our apps specialists have reached out, and I hope that we're able to come to a resolution. Thank you so much.

Prime Desire

The promotional video looks more like a scam. There is absolutely nothing special about this app, and it's insulting to promote it as if we, the shop owners, could not see it. I still have no idea why so many app developers keep putting useless apps on Shopify. There are many other apps that are better than this. This "Bold Brain" has no brain. Is just a compilation of very basic widgets with bad and outdated formatting. And there is no way I will ever change this review, no matter how many emails I get. I'm fed up of emails asking me to change legit reviews like this. Instead of worrying about reviews, app developers should worry about the purpose of their work.

The Winning Brand

Can't this app to work properly.

The Otaku Box Shop

Won't install, says "whoops, an error has occurred".

Resin Obsession

This app should be called 'half a brain'.

I already had the Product Upsell app installed when I got notification that I could add Bold Brain for free. Here's been my experiences:

1. It makes recommendations without looking at what you already have upsells for in the product upsell app. i.e. It may make recommendations for upsells that you already have in place.

2. I don't know how it makes some of the recommendations it does. About two-thirds of what it tells me, I have to tell it to exclude the recommendation because the products do not go together at all.

If you do decide to install the app, you need to go back regularly to see if the recommendations are performing especially since they go towards your monthly view totals, which means you may have to upgrade your upsell plan.

In the end, you are smarter than the Brain. Remember that.

On a side note, in general, I have been disappointed with Bold's customer service on this app and all their others that I have installed (these two plus product discount and sales motivator). They never admit anything is a problem on their end and always blame it on some other app I have in my store, Shopify, or operator error. I have only ever had them admit once they were aware of the problem I was inquiring about and was told they would get back with me. That was 6 weeks ago. I really wanted to use their upsell after checkout app, but since I've had the upsell app script cause my store to hang up and not add products to the cart correctly, I'm not willing to risk it.

UPDATE:

Within a few hours of writing this review, I received an email from Bold asking for more details. I ended up having a 45 minute conversation with a Bold Commerce representative where I talked about this app, a few of their others and their company culture of how technical support requests are handled. I felt like he listened to me and what I had to say, although I'm still a bit skeptical about whether any changes will be made. I have asked Bold to stay in touch with me and let me know if changes are made, in which case, I will be happy to update this review.

Yourturnkeystore 243

Gathers info on which products to up-sell. The app lost more and more functionality over time and now lists products we no longer sell. Now the app has no more suggestions this app doesn't work.

Lifegenius

Doesn't do anything. Installed the widgets on my product pages and it did nothing.

Business Hubs

Pointless app to upsell their Upsell App (ironic, I know). Don't install it and save yourself the time and energy.