Does NOT work for me. The motivator banners are inconsistent. The Free gift never appears in the cart. Installation is clumsy forcing the Shopify store owner to manually enter Liquid code. Bad banner behavior:
- No Initial Message banner when visiting the store homepage or product page
- After adding an item to the cart the Follow Up banner IS displayed on the Cart page
- After clicking CONTINUE SHOPPING or return to homepage no banner is displayed
- After adding a second item to the cart to complete the goal the Congratulations banner is displayed on the cart page NO FREE GIFT:
However, the free gift is NOT added to the cart. After clicking Update Cart and/or Checkout the free gift is NOT shown in the cart or checkout page. Also, any Goal I have created can not be deleted. The Trash icon button does not work. I tried to disabled the goal to avoid customer confusion but it continued to display on my store. I finally had to delete the app and will manually remove the liquid code.
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Very sorry that the app did not meet your expectations, rest assured our developers are constantly working on app updates. Thank you for giving the app a shot, best of luck!
The app is nice as long it is working. So far the created goal has stopped prematurely every time we created a new onel. We have contacted Bold several times but no one there seems to care enough to fix the issue.
We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. Terribly sorry for any missed correspondence, we truly care about resolving the issues you are experiencing and to be sure that you are happy. We really appreciate the feedback thank you.
Je l'ai installé, même pas 10 minutes après désinstallé. L'application est absolument pas intuitive. Le code est trop compliquer à mettre en place et il faut même payer pour qu'un expert de Bold le mette sur votre shop. En bref, très déçu.
Bonne journée, nous vous remercions de votre avis. Je veux vous faire savoir que notre spécialiste, Guri, a essayé de vous contacter pour vous aider. Vous n’avez besoin d’aucun code pour utiliser Bold Motivator, c’est requis uniquement si vous souhaitez utiliser la version Premium, qui vous permet d’offrir des cadeaux gratuits à vos clients. Si possible de nous contacter dès que possible afin que nous puissions aider comme nous le pouvons! Nous aimerions que vous puissiez essayer Motivator.
I contacted Bold customer support, asking for a phone call. They've responded with a series of emails, none of which are helpful. I keep telling them that the stuff they're sending is not helpful - that I need a phone call to explain my issue. I'm still waiting . . .
Hi there! We're so sorry about the length of time to took for us to complete the changes you were looking for. It looks like things were resolved for you on September 12, so we're glad that you were able to speak with Guri and were happy with the support you received!
The specialist from Bold, was making LIVE changes to our stores codes and now our customers has been unable to go to checkout for over 2 hours!
They re-designed my cart button and made it not clickable. I have had over 10 customers asking us on customer service why they can't checkout right now.
And no reply from Bold until now.. It's not okay!
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I completely understand the severity of this issue, and our apps specialists are more than happy to help however they can. Please let us know if you're seeing any further issues, and we'll be sure to help resolve those as best we can.
App seems designed decent. Install was pretty straight forward. If you want to just offer free shipping or a simple free product it will work decent enough. But for me I wanted to offer a free t-shirt once the customer spent a certain amount on my site and it doesn't give the option of variants to be used so they cannot select a size. Also, for pop up cart pages when people add something to the cart it doesn't show the message unless they go back to the site afterwards of how much more they have to spend. It just needs more work before it can be useful to me. Had to uninstall.
do not install this!! i did what they said and nothing!!!
the free trail doent contains what they said
Their install instruction are lacking... and then they want $10 to install it so you can try it out. NOT REALLY A FREE TRIAL! Too bad.
Yes The Motivator is probably a great app BUT:
1. In the video they promise that "You can customize everything". That is not true. Our store is Bulgarian, the symbols are Cyrillic but the app displays “???” instead the correct symbols. When we asked the developer to help us with this issue (you know that a lot of developers can easy solve such problems) the answer was: “Our applications out of the box wont support Cyrillic, however they do support unicode https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_script_in_Unicode, the work around at the moment would be to use the unicode characters or have your customers use chrome with the translate extension.”
2. In the video they promise “No liquid or HTML”. That is not true. You have to pay $10 even at the beginning of the free trial period for settings in the Liquid and HTML.
So in our case we paid $10 at the first day of our free trial and then realize that we are receiving nothing. We are very disappointed, good luck for all that works with English alphabet.
Server reliability seems to be an issue with this app. We are in the middle of a promotion, and the app has stopped working for nearly 24 hours.