Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

Meraki Journey

We have used this app once and it worked well but it just sits there majority of the year. Now that they are charging $9/month for this app we will be deleting it. This isnt something constantly used that we can justify paying them for especially for something that should be free with the theme.

Rockstar Leatherworks™

I'm a long time online seller and this app has been great the handful of times that I"ve updated in the past three years. But I cannot believe that I paid $350 for a theme (with 1 store usage allowed), and now OOTS wants to charge $9 a month and/or $108 a year (forever) to let an app stay installed in my store that I use two or maybe three times a year at a maximum?? BOO HISS. Horrible. The updater is great so I hate to leave 1 star because of this new policy, but its a complete disappointment to see these guys get so greedy when their themes are highly priced.

Surfer Girls Kick Ass®

You buy the theme and now they want you to pay to be able to update theme automatically? Greedy. Greedy. Greedy. That is a service that we shouldn’t have to pay for, especially when it was provided for us originally - and now they’re doing ‘take backs’??? Plus I go into the app to figure out how to unsubscribe and there’s no info!! Don’t buy from them if you haven’t yet.

Ross’Co Sex Shop

Getting rid of the Free Plan and starting to charge $9 for it? Big Mistake!

You, As a Company that sells templates (For Big Money!) and charges money in order to update them, create very, an extremely bad business relationship between a provider and a consumer.

Does Microsoft charges money for their Automatic system Update?

Or Does Adobe Charges Money for their Automatic system updates?

I can provide you with many more Companies With good and Loyal Marketing towards their Customers.

But You are simply getting Greedy. That will be a downfall for you if you actually gonna initiate your policy.

Customers and their Loyalty come First. Without Customers and their Loyalty there is No Business. Don't Forget about this golden rule before getting greedy

Blindly Shop

Greedy people.
Buy their premium theme and now they want to take away the free update feature and charge you 9$ per month. To update.
Else do customize from scartch everybtime.
Greed at its top.
Dont buy anymore.

La Cave à Laine

I have received an email telling me that they intend to delete the free plan of this app, so think twice before to buy one of Out of the Sandbox theme: without the app you will have to start new every time they publish an update! I am utterly disappointed by their policy...

Daneson

This app works like a charm and gets the job done without any problems. Support is also quick and fantastic, often going above and beyond what I expect of them.

tdctheLightShop

RUN FROM THIS APP. DOES NOT WORK. RUBBISH. Guarantee we'll get a faster response to this Review than we will support. The App is not worth the time, money and energy. It does not work with PixelUnion. It creates more work. Who has the time to wait 1-2 days let alone 24 hours with "premium" support for a response. Find a better Theme than using PixelUnion and this App from Out of the Sandbox. More importantly-find companies with better support.

Day 2 STILL WAITING FOR SUPPORT.
A MONTH LATER AND IT STILL SUCKS. LOOK AT ALL THE POOR REVIEWS-DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF THEIR APPS. Shopify should dump them

HEART PUP on SHARK TANK Dog Carriers and Pet Slings by HeartPup

WORST PURCHASE OF MY LIFE! If you want to torment yourself & get nothing done & be set back months then BUYER BEWARE as you purchase. NO SUPPORT at all! No live chat, no phones, and emails are pointless replies that do not help at all. Features like HTML5 video don't work as advertised so emailed them and they won't help make it work then decide to install bare minimal version but first have to update to latest version and when try to do that then site says cannot validate purchase! So no version of Turbo theme is possible to download after paying $350!

August 16, 2019

Hello Heart Pup Team,

We're sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with your theme and with our support team. While we cannot provide over the phone support or a live chat, we are committed to supporting your theme and it's built-in settings and features in any way we can through email correspondence.

In order to use the Theme Updater app, you need to register your theme license. When you purchase a theme, your license is attached to the email you used at the time of purchase.

We have received your support request about your difficulty with registering with the incorrect email address, and it's great to see our response made it to you and that you have successfully registered with the correct email address - you should now be able to update your Turbo theme to the latest version. We're pleased we were able to help you with this one, but feel free to respond to the message to let us know if anything else is amiss.

Regarding the HTML5 video issue, we'd like to work with you to inspect the issue and provide support - we haven't been able to receive a reply to our messages to assist with the issue, but we're still keen to help! Feel free to reply to our previous messages, this message, or the request for a Collaborator account, and we'll be on the case.

At Out of the Sandbox, we pride ourselves on the level of support we're able to offer over email correspondence - we're awaiting your response to our offers to assist you as much as possible; we'd love to get this squared away!

Sincerely,

OOTS Support Team

You Madu

Their Turbo theme has a huge bug that sometimes causes the Add to Cart button not to display at all on product pages (talk about a conversion killer).

I brought this to the attention of the support team 4 months ago. They wouldn't believe it was their theme, and just kept telling me it must be cause by an app I am using or customisations I did. After about 20 emails the finally believed me (after I found out the bug is even present on their demo stores) and I was told it would be fixed in an update.

Now 4 months later the bug is still there and the customer support as unhelpful as before.

I expected a lot more from the most expensive Shopify theme around and have received (much) better support from free Shopify apps than what I've received from OOTSB.

So here I am still waiting for their Theme Updater to tell me there's an update and hoping this time the bug will be fixed.

August 8, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you haven’t had a great experience with the updater app as well as our support team - we certainly strive to provide solutions as promptly as possible, but in this case, the issue has been very difficult to reproduce and troubleshoot. Without that ability to consistently reproduce it, it becomes a challenge to find the cause of the issue, thereby making the solution even harder to find. While we take each reported issue seriously, some can certainly present more difficulty and complexity.

With our theme updates, we aim to provide solutions for issues like you’ve experienced, but each update may also address other issues which can take extensive testing. Having said all of that, we can certainly appreciate the importance of this issue and the potential impact it may have, so we do apologize for the time it’s taken to sort this out. We’ve sent along an email to you if you’d like to discuss some options a little further, and hopefully we’re able to come to a solution there!