Calificación general
3,8
Recuentos por nivel de calificación
  • El 48% de las calificaciones son de 5 estrellas
  • El 8% de las calificaciones son de 4 estrellas
  • El 3% de las calificaciones son de 3 estrellas
  • El 6% de las calificaciones son de 2 estrellas
  • El 35% de las calificaciones son de 1 estrellas
7 de noviembre de 2023

After extensive research of multiple Shopify themes, I have decided to provide my rating for my paid Premium Turbo theme.

Here are my reasons why:

I initially opened my store over three years ago. I opened my store during the pandemic, and was initially selling mask. However, I knew at that point that in the future, I wanted to also sell apparel. At that time I hired a designer to create my Shopify for me. I was not familiar with themes, or anything to that extent as I paid the designer to do all the work. I closed my store a year into the pandemic, and put a in construction notice on my store front, as I rebuilt for my apparel store. The designer who built my Shopify store used the turbo theme. As back then I was not familiar with how themes were placed into Shopify. I am now under the impression that the designer used either his own turbo theme, or a stolen turbo theme on my store. Because I was familiar with the turbo theme I ended up purchasing the theme myself about six months ago not even bothering to look at other themes, that was 100% my mistake.

I have recently in the last 2 month or so been reviewing Shopify dedicated themes themself (Both Free & Paid) and wow is all I can say! Dedicated Shopify themes offer way more ability for customization than the turbo theme, which is supposed to be a premium theme. The Shopify themes allow you to do basic things as changing margins/padding/spacing in each section, using gradient colors, they provide product tabs with icons, some of the themes also allow you to upload your own icons, they allow you to choose the background color of your pop-ups, they also allow you to use pages as dynamic sources in collapsible product tabs (to allow you to have a size chart), Some themes even come with built-in cookie banners, they also provide count down timers and much more. all of these things that I’m mentioning here that come with Shopify themes do not come in the premium turbo theme.

The Turbo Theme is a Good Theme, however, it’s one of the oldest themes on the market and I believe it has a lot of catching up to do, especially to simple basic features that are standard on Free Shopify Themes.

Whenever you reach out for assistance they typically state that they will submit feedback on your behalf or refer you to a developer for assistance.

Soul of Chiron Creations, LLC
6 meses usando la aplicación
Out of the Sandbox respondió 10 de noviembre de 2023

Hi Soul of Chiron Creations, LLC team!

Looks like this is a review of the Turbo theme - not of Theme Updater Plus.

It also looks like you have reviewed the Turbo theme, with the same review, accidentally!

We appreciate your feedback on the Turbo theme, and would recommend reaching out to our support team so we can collect your suggestions for the Turbo theme.

You can send us any suggestions you may have, here:

Fecha de modificación: 22 de agosto de 2023

Sorry but it's rubbish. It just doest even try to update the theme. Just installs a clean new copy of the updated version.

There is always an error or something that stops it working - but then nothing works at all. Been trying on and off for months.

In response to developer response - It transfers nothing over, not even the colour scheme. I understand the limitations of custom code of course - but it makes zero effort to even try and work with unaltered templates.

Cavalor Direct
Reino Unido
6 meses usando la aplicación
Out of the Sandbox respondió 22 de agosto de 2023

Hi Cavalor Direct team!

Unfortunately, Theme Updater Plus is not always able to be transfer over heavily customized theme files. Luckily, Theme Updater Plus is able to identify the code that will need to be manually transferred to the updated theme version.

Our support team was able to help explain why this was occurring for your Impulse theme, because of a liquid templating markup, and provided suggestions to help with future updates.

18 de mayo de 2023

Beware of this company! Do not waste your money. Their current customer service is awful, often referring you to have to "hire an Expert" to get your theme even working to a basic point. I purchased mine years back and back then they excelled at helping me to customize it. Not recently. My current theme started to give a bunch of Google Search Console errors and they told me that the only solution was to upgrade to the latest version to get those solved. Ok. After reading these reviews and their notes about this updater app I decided instead to save the money and update it manually. But, even updating the theme manually, their new updated theme is half baked and it needs a lot of coding to get it right to where my previous theme even was. After lots of back and forth (prepare to wait 24-48 hrs for them to get back to you for each response) they would not help even to fix simple issues often referring me to "hire an Expert".

Health & Light Institute
Más de 3 años usando la aplicación
Out of the Sandbox respondió 24 de mayo de 2023

Hi Health & Light Institute team!

It looks like you may have left a review of a theme on our Theme Updater Plus app listing!

Not to worry - here is a little context to better explain why your third party customizations may not have all been brought over from your vintage theme to an updated Shopify Online Store 2.0 theme.

Although Theme Updater Plus does have the ability to transfer over customized code, customizing code can still result in some issues, and more complex customizations will need to be manually transferred over to the updated theme file.

Some apps and customizations might not be compatible with Online Store 2.0 themes. We recommend referring to your app's documentation or contacting the app developer if you are not sure, or have questions about your third party apps.

Additionally, for any customization requests that fall outside of a theme developers scope of support, it is common for them to encourage you to reach out to the original developers who made the change, or engage the assistance of a third party developer.

Fecha de modificación: 19 de abril de 2023

If you are looking for somewhere to throw away money, this is it! This app did absolutely NOTHING to preserve my settings or customizations. I bought it because upgrading normally wasn't keeping even some basic settings. Figured this would help. Nope. This was a simple upgraded. Already on shopify 2.0, so not an issue with that.

EDIT: Regarding their reply... My theme settings were able to be transferred over to my new theme because I did it all manually myself. Please don't try and infer that this app had anything to do with that. Come on now.

Glowy Zoey
Más de 2 años usando la aplicación
Out of the Sandbox respondió 19 de abril de 2023

Hi Glowy Zoey team!

Unfortunately, third party app code is not always able to be transferred over automatically, especially if there are significant changes made to the theme files. Luckily, Theme Updater Plus is able to identify the code that will need to be manually transferred!

Thank you for reaching out to our support team, and I am glad that we were able to identify that your theme settings were transferred over to the updated theme version.

We were able to provide a detailed breakdown of the third party app code that would need to be transferred over to your updated Impulse theme, and we appreciate you reaching out for clarification!

24 de mayo de 2023

Worst customer service. I bought their theme 4 years ago for $425. At first you could upgrade for FREE. Now you have to pay $9 to upgrade. Knowing that from July 28, 2022 to November 2022 there were no less than 6 updates of the theme because each time the new updates had bugs.

This is a total disrespect towards the customer. It's already not the cheapest theme on the market, but to have to charge again its own customers to get updates? That's really taking people for cash machines.

Viking Shop
Francia
Más de 1 año usando la aplicación
Out of the Sandbox respondió 24 de mayo de 2023

Hi Viking Shop team!

Theme Updater Plus' free plan allows you to register your theme, install the latest version of your theme, and receive email notifications for new versions

If you are interested in streamlining the update process, we recommend looking at our Pro Plan, which includes the ability to preserve most settings and customizations when updating, identify code conflicts in new version, and automatically include new language files.

Thank you very much for your review of Theme Updater Plus!

7 de marzo de 2023

DON"T USE. BROKE MY SHOPIFY STORE. OUR SLIDESHOW, PRODUCT PAGES. SITE SPEED, PAGE LOADING, CHECKOUT.

Universal Truck Parts Shop
19 días usando la aplicación
Out of the Sandbox respondió 8 de marzo de 2023

Hi Universal Truck Parts Shop team!

Thank you very much for your feedback - we are always looking for ways to make our app better!

Theme Updater Plus does not make any changes to your live, published theme - instead, it creates a new, unpublished version of your theme for you to review in your theme library.

When updating your theme to OS 2.0, all content, such as home page content, will need to be rebuilt. This is a one-time process required by Shopify to align with new templating standards. You will still be able to use the Theme Updater to help streamline your updates with future releases.

Fecha de modificación: 15 de mayo de 2018

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE service. This company updates their theme every two weeks but every time you update your theme, it messes up all your custom coding. They don't have a phone number to contact, only by email, which is fine - if they actually respond and help with your concerns.

Birminghamjewelry
Alrededor de 6 años usando la aplicación
Fecha de modificación: 3 de junio de 2022

Update: The issue is still not resolved. We've paid every month this year (and years past) but the app still says we are "unsubscribed" as of February. We've sent proof of payment to Out of the Sandbox multiple times. As per Shopify, our "unsubscribed" subscription is set to renew/charge us again on June 5th. We just want access to the app we've been using and paying for for years! ///
Original: We've been using this app for years without issue. About four months ago the app said we were "unsubscribed" despite still being charged the monthly fee. We've been unable to update our themes since and are still being charged the monthly fee. Customer Support is non-responsive despite being provided proof of payment(s).

stubble + 'stache
Out of the Sandbox respondió 1 de junio de 2022

Hi stubble + 'stache team!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It looks like we were waiting for a response to our last correspondance we had sent to you and this is why you had not heard back from our team!

Not to worry, we have reached out to you again via email, and look forward to resolving this with you!

9 de noviembre de 2022

We paid $89 to use this app to update a theme that was registered and compatible. It did not carry over any of the work we had put into customizing the theme through the Shopify sections and theme editor. We're not even speaking about development work - just settings through the theme. The quotes we have gotten from developers to carry over the settings have been extremely expensive and all over the place. It's as if developers know you're in a tough spot s they see how much they can charge you. Do not make the same mistake we did - they do not issue refunds and there are tons of bad reviews here for a reason.

MANIMAL
Out of the Sandbox respondió 10 de noviembre de 2022

Hi MANIMAL team!

When updating your vintage Streamline v3.4.1 theme to OS 2.0, all content, such as home page content, will need to be rebuilt. This is a one-time process required by Shopify to align with new templating standards. You will still be able to use the Theme Updater to help with future release updates.

Although the Theme Updater does have the ability to transfer over customized code, customizing code can still result in some issues, and more complex customizations will need to be manually transferred over to the updated theme file.

A member of our support team has reached out to you via email as well!

3 de febrero de 2023

Superstore theme - awful - full of bugs! The filters and the menu stop working when I select the infinite scroll pagination. Support has been unresponsive and does not seem to care. Avoid out of the sandbox. Worst company I have ever come across

BOUTIQUETOYOU
Reino Unido
Out of the Sandbox respondió 6 de febrero de 2023

Hi BOUTIQUETOYOU team!

Looks like this might be a review of the Superstore theme - not of Theme Updater Plus.

It also looks like you might have reviewed the Superstore theme twice, with the same review, accidentally!

We appreciate your feedback, but would recommend reaching out to our support team so we can help you with setting up your Superstore theme.

You can send us any questions you may have, here: