Calificación general
3,7
Recuentos por nivel de calificación
  • El 47% de las calificaciones son de 5 estrellas
  • El 8% de las calificaciones son de 4 estrellas
  • El 3% de las calificaciones son de 3 estrellas
  • El 6% de las calificaciones son de 2 estrellas
  • El 36% de las calificaciones son de 1 estrellas
4 de agosto de 2022

TERRIBLE ! Complete waste of time alongside the TURBO app! Dose not work, theme developer takes too long to get back.

Amanda Marcucci
Italia
Más de 3 años usando la aplicación
Out of the Sandbox respondió 5 de agosto de 2022

Hi Amanda Marcucci team!

We’re revisiting your email thread and looks like our team requested access to your store within 10 hours. When access was granted, we identified a modified theme file and repaired it.

The issues preventing your Turbo theme from updating were stemming from a third-party SEO app installed on the shop. The integration affected a critical theme file for Theme Updater compatibility (schema file).

Unfortunately, a Shopify server error prevented you from confirming this repair.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Fecha de modificación: 24 de agosto de 2020

Their Turbo theme has a huge bug that sometimes causes the Add to Cart button not to display at all on product pages (talk about a conversion killer).

I brought this to the attention of the support team 4 months ago. They wouldn't believe it was their theme, and just kept telling me it must be cause by an app I am using or customisations I did. After about 20 emails the finally believed me (after I found out the bug is even present on their demo stores) and I was told it would be fixed in an update.

Now 4 months later the bug is still there and the customer support as unhelpful as before.

I expected a lot more from the most expensive Shopify theme around and have received (much) better support from free Shopify apps than what I've received from OOTSB.

So here I am still waiting for their Theme Updater to tell me there's an update and hoping this time the bug will be fixed.

Besides all this, premium support means waiting 5 working days for an answer it seems....

You Madu
Bélgica
Más de 3 años usando la aplicación
Out of the Sandbox respondió 8 de agosto de 2019

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you haven’t had a great experience with the updater app as well as our support team - we certainly strive to provide solutions as promptly as possible, but in this case, the issue has been very difficult to reproduce and troubleshoot. Without that ability to consistently reproduce it, it becomes a challenge to find the cause of the issue, thereby making the solution even harder to find. While we take each reported issue seriously, some can certainly present more difficulty and complexity.

With our theme updates, we aim to provide solutions for issues like you’ve experienced, but each update may also address other issues which can take extensive testing. Having said all of that, we can certainly appreciate the importance of this issue and the potential impact it may have, so we do apologize for the time it’s taken to sort this out. We’ve sent along an email to you if you’d like to discuss some options a little further, and hopefully we’re able to come to a solution there!

18 de septiembre de 2019

Out Of The Sandbox emailed to say the Free or Basic Plan would automatically increase to $9 a month but failed to give a date when this would start. I do not want to be charged for something that a. used to be free and b. I only use maybe once or twice a year. Uninstalled.

ANTI-POP.CULT. | Art Unique
Reino Unido
Alrededor de 3 años usando la aplicación
20 de septiembre de 2019

I recently purchased the Parallax theme and just about have my store set up to open and now I get an email saying to automatically update the theme is now $9 per month. I honestly wish this would have happened sooner so I would have purchased a theme from a different provider.

The Bearded Mack Grooming CO
Casi 3 años usando la aplicación
13 de febrero de 2022

This app is of no help. I paid for the app in order to update my Turbo theme. I have tried several times and it's not working. When I go to publish it, and check the version number, it's still showing as the old version. I go back to theme updater and it still shows as my theme needing to be updated. I just don't understand. Please help.

EcoFresh™️
Out of the Sandbox respondió 14 de febrero de 2022

Hi EcoFresh™️ team!

Thank you very much for your feedback - A member of our support team has reached out to you via email!

13 de diciembre de 2019

1 star not only for the app - but the shady practices of this company. We have all paid hundreds of dollars for your themes and now you expect us to subscribe to an app to update - these updates should be free and easy - they are mostly to fix bugs - I don't see why we should foot the bill for bugs that NEED fixing.

spellhound
Reino Unido
Out of the Sandbox respondió 8 de enero de 2020

Hey there Spellhound team,

We just wanted to follow-up here to hopefully clear up any sort of confusion and also to lend a hand if there was anything else we could help with.

First and foremost, it’s worth noting that you do not need the app to update your theme. We will continue to offer free lifetime support and updates, however, there is a caveat to the updating process should you choose to do so via the app itself.

You have one year included for free with the Theme Updater App, however, after that, you'd need to subscribe to a Basic or Pro plan (which ranges from $9/month for Basic and $14/month for the Pro plan) in order to use the app. This doesn't mean that you can't update your theme however! You can still update the theme by downloading the latest theme file from your order and uploading the file that way, and then manually reconfiguring the theme - this is how all other Shopify themes are updated currently. The app itself is an optional method to updating your theme which can speed up the process, and the Pro plan also provides you with additional features such as priority support!

Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion, and please feel free to send us an email should anything come up!

Sincerely,

The Out of the Sandbox team.

11 de diciembre de 2019

This company is by far one of the shadiest companies in the app store. Beware.

The Basic Plan of this app was originally offered as FREE FOR LIFE - Everyone who purchased a theme based on this Free For Life Updates plan is now out of luck. You are forced to pay.

If you purchased one of their themes based on the fact that you'd be easily able to update your themes as Shopify makes changes, then guess what, now you suddenly have to pay for that service. The crass emails from support who claim that they can reserve the right to change prices adds more insult to injury. How can you justify selling themes for 300+ dollars, then charge monthly to keep those themes functional?

Avoid this company like the plague. Out of the sandbox and directly into to the litter box.

Eighty Sixed
Out of the Sandbox respondió 8 de enero de 2020

Hi there Eighty Sixed team,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and providing that feedback. While we can definitely understand the frustration with the changes made to the subscription model for the Theme Updater App, it’s important to note that we will still be providing free lifetime updates on all of our themes. If you choose not to use the Theme Updater app, you can still update your theme the free method following Shopify’s normal updating process, where the new version is added to your ‘Themes’ panel and reconfigured manually. This is how all themes are updated across Shopify as the Updater App is an exclusive feature/offering for our themes.

You can find instructions here on how to access those files, depending on where you bought your theme: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007099548-How-to-Update-Your-Theme#alternative-method

Ultimately we will continue to offer free updates regardless of whether or not you choose to use the app. Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion, and please don’t hesitate to reach out should you have other questions regarding that or anything else!

Take care.

Sincerely,

The Out of the Sandbox team

20 de septiembre de 2019

Wow. I'm shocked ... I haven't even used this yet. No idea we were being billed. Surprise, surprise! Why not just do a once a year update and charge a flat fee of $150. That's actually reasonable instead of continually updating ... what a mess.

RodeoH
31 de marzo de 2021

Beware: This developer will access your Shopify store without explicit permission and make changes to your theme without your permission.

Pine Street Clinic
Out of the Sandbox respondió 1 de abril de 2021

Hello Pine Street Clinic,

Thank you for leaving this feedback.

Our support team is only able to access Shopify stores that have granted us access through an approved collaborator request. We never make changes to a live theme unless absolutely necessary and we will seek permission before doing so.

When testing issues or applying fixes, we always create a copy of the published theme to work in so that the fix can be confirmed on your end before publishing.

A member of our support team is reviewing your recent reply, we'll be following up with you shortly!

30 de octubre de 2021

I followed the instructions regarding my unsupported theme. Still displayed as unsupported. The support email told me to do what I’d previously done. Since this is a paid app, why did I not receive actual support?

GordonStuart.com
Out of the Sandbox respondió 5 de noviembre de 2021

Hi there - thank you for this feedback. One of our agents is currently looking into this issue and awaiting your response to troubleshoot further. We appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing back from you on your support ticket.