Theme Updater

Keep your premium theme up to date

Free plan available

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

out of the sandbox shopify theme updater app graphic

Wedding Lux

Company downloaded without consent - this has been paid for several months without us knowing! AVOID

August 8, 2022

Hi Wedding Lux team!

A member of our support team has reached out to you on your original email to get some additional information from you, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Amanda Marcucci

Location Italy
Time spent using app Over 3 years

TERRIBLE ! Complete waste of time alongside the TURBO app! Dose not work, theme developer takes too long to get back.

August 5, 2022

Hi Amanda Marcucci team!

Thank you very much for your feedback! The Shopify platform experienced some technical issues yesterday, which have since been resolved on their end.

A member of our support team has reached out to you on your original email, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Bonjibon

This app claims it'll update not only your theme but also update custom code + customizations within your theme. NOPE! The arrogant and unhelpful response from their support team has been a nightmare to navigate and update my theme. The app will "update" your theme and then list every single code file that wasn't able to update, after back and forth with support who then told me this was "never" a feature of the app, we started the process of manually going through each code file listed and updating the new code ourselves. Well we can't even do that now as after 2 hours the page with the list of files and their edits that can't be updated refreshes and you LOSE that directory/reference. The support response when I pointed this out (after being gaslit by them that this wasn't an issue for days) was "We'll have a look at fixing this... sorry." This app in USELESS beyond updating your base theme. You have to completely re-do your theme and any edits you have to it if you decide to use it. We've deiceded that if this is how long term support is going to act to their customers we are explore different themes with different developers and will re-launch that way (see as it will be the same amount of work if we decided to stay with our current theme or not). Not only do I NOT recommend this app I don't recommend ANY theme by Out of the Sandbox

August 4, 2022

Hi Bonjibon team!

Thank you very much for your feedback - we are always looking for ways to make our app better!

When updating your theme to OS 2.0, all content, such as home page content, will need to be rebuilt. This is a one-time process required by Shopify to align with new templating standards. You will still be able to use the Theme Updater to help streamline your updates with future releases.

Although the Theme Updater does have the ability to transfer over customized code, customizing code can still result in some issues, and more complex customizations will need to be manually transferred over to the updated theme file.

Ketsol

Time spent using app About 1 month

This app makes me want to switch to a new theme company entirely. I (along with seemingly several other users) have an issue with Flex rendering on mobile crawlers, so google believes my site is not responsive. After emailing back and forth with them, their only solution was to install the updated theme. But, you can't download and update flex anymore without using their app. This app costs 80+ per year. If their theme doesn't work on mobile, then why would I be responsible for paying to update it? Out of the Sadbox used to be the best Theme providers, and now its just so terrible, and falling behind other apps I use on other sites.

June 7, 2022

Hi Ketsol team!
Thank you for your feedback! There seems to be some confusion here about the Theme Updater App - while the Theme Updater App makes the updating process quicker, easier, and includes exclusive features, you can also upgrade your theme, for free, to the latest version by manually updating.
We have a great support article that can help manually update your theme here:
If you do decide that you would like to use the Theme Updater App to help update your theme, feel free to read through our Theme Updater App FAQs:
A member of our support team has reached out to you via email about your specific mobile responsiveness issue as well!

stubble + 'stache

Time spent using app Over 5 years

Update: The issue is still not resolved. We've paid every month this year (and years past) but the app still says we are "unsubscribed" as of February. We've sent proof of payment to Out of the Sandbox multiple times. As per Shopify, our "unsubscribed" subscription is set to renew/charge us again on June 5th. We just want access to the app we've been using and paying for for years! ///
Original: We've been using this app for years without issue. About four months ago the app said we were "unsubscribed" despite still being charged the monthly fee. We've been unable to update our themes since and are still being charged the monthly fee. Customer Support is non-responsive despite being provided proof of payment(s).

June 1, 2022

Hi stubble + 'stache team!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It looks like we were waiting for a response to our last correspondance we had sent to you and this is why you had not heard back from our team!

Not to worry, we have reached out to you again via email, and look forward to resolving this with you!

EUG FASHION

Time spent using app 7 minutes

not working with Prestige theme, also I have two other themes not working neither very disappointing

May 3, 2022

Hello EUF FASHION team!

Thank you very much for your feedback!

The Theme Updater App is an exclusive tool developed and maintained by Out of the Sandbox, and lets you upgrade to the latest available version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme.

Unfortunately, the Theme Updater App you will not be able to update your Prestige theme by Maestrooo.

Paw & Glory

Awful app and for the amount the theme actually cost I'm not impressed. I have a layout issue so the theme doesn't load web pages properly in mobile desktop mode and I've asked many times for help but never get a response

April 11, 2022

Hi Paw & Glory team!

Thank you very much for your feedback - A member of our support team has reached out to you via email!

Redback One

Time spent using app Almost 4 years

Horrible customer support, they don't respond, and I purchased my theme! The support for Out of the Sandbox is nonexistent! I messaged on March 3 to ask for assistance and I messaged again on March 8th because of no response. No one from Out of the Sandbox has responded to my requests! I used the theme updater to get my SopPay badges to show on my products and in the preview, it showed the payment badges but when I hit publish, the badges didn’t show on my live website. None of the information provided on Out of the Sandbox address my issue. Customer service hasn’t gotten back to me at all!

March 14, 2022

Hi Redback One team!

EcoFresh™️

Time spent using app About 1 year

This app is of no help. I paid for the app in order to update my Turbo theme. I have tried several times and it's not working. When I go to publish it, and check the version number, it's still showing as the old version. I go back to theme updater and it still shows as my theme needing to be updated. I just don't understand. Please help.

February 14, 2022

Hi EcoFresh™️ team!

Karukinka

Location Chile

Primero, tengo que pagar por actualizar un tema por el que pagué 400 dólares. Segundo, no actualiza todo y me recomiendan contratar a un experto al que tengo que pagarle. Tercero, el experto me pide que haga un upgrade a la versión Pro de Theme Updater que hace un día había comprado el día anterior, y el desarrollador no cobra la diferencia, cobra todo de nuevo!! First, I have to pay to update a theme that I paid $400 for. Second, it doesn't update everything and they recommend me to hire an expert that I have to pay. Third, the expert asks me to upgrade to the Pro version of Theme Updater that I had bought the day before, and the developer doesn't charge the difference, he charges everything again!!

January 25, 2022

Hi Karukinka team!

Thank you very much for your feedback - While the Theme Updater App makes the updating process quicker, easier, and includes exclusive features, you can also upgrade your theme to the latest version by manually updating. A member of our support team will be reaching out via email shortly.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8