Keep your theme up to date
Upgrade to the latest version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme to take advantage of new features & bug fixes.
Preserve theme settings
Automatically move over your current theme settings so that you don’t have to reconfigure them.
Priority Theme Support
Pro subscribers receive priority ticket based support from our Merchant Success Team for any Out of the Sandbox theme questions or issues.
About Theme Updater
About Theme Updater
A bit of background: Shopify does not currently provide an easy way to update any themes when a new version of it is released.
You would normally need to obtain, then upload, a new zip file, then reconfigure all your theme settings — including resetting all of your colors, typography, images, text and more.
The Shopify Theme Updater app lets you not only upgrade to the latest available version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme, without losing any of your configured theme settings. In some cases, it may even be able to carry over basic customizations that you or your developer have made directly to the theme code.
When you buy a theme, you will receive 1 year of free updating through our Theme Updater App's Basic Plan, which begins on the theme purchase date. Before or after your free trial expires, you can select a subscription plan in order to continue to keep your theme up to date and get access to exclusive features through the app.
The Theme Updater App includes two subscription-based plans with monthly and annual billing options:
Basic plan (monthly + annually)
The basics for quickly getting your theme up to date.
- Update your theme to the most recent version, quickly and easily
- Email notifications when a new version of your theme is available
- Transfers basic customizations when possible
- Exclusive discounts
Pro plan (monthly + annually)
Advanced features for prioritizing and accelerating your theme updates.
- Prioritized ticket-based theme support from our Merchant Success Team for any Out of the Sandbox theme questions
- Detailed information about any custom code modifications that the app spotted in your theme that will need to be moved over manually by you or your developer
- Support for copying over language files
How it works
- Install the app (no changes will be made to your code yet)
- You can then check the app dashboard to see if your theme needs updating
- First you’ll need to register your theme
- Once your theme is registered, click "Update" to update your theme
- The app does not affect your live store or make modifications to your existing theme code
- Instead, the app installs an unpublished copy of the latest version of your theme
- You should then preview and thoroughly test the new unpublished theme
- Consider keeping the old version on your store or downloading a backup
- When you have fully tested your store and you're ready to go live with the new version, click "Publish" to switch over to the new version
- If you find an issue with the new version even after publishing it, you can revert back to the old version
- Out of the Sandbox Shopify Themes,
- Pixel Union Shopify Themes
Pricing 365-day free trial
or $6.58/month billed at $79 once per year
Keep your theme up to date
Move over theme settings automatically — no more manual updating
Basic custom code is often able to be transferred
or $10.75/month billed at $129 once per year
Priority theme support
View all code customizations
Transfers language files
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
it's us or naked
This whole Theme Updater show is a total rip-off. Out of the Sandbox sells their themes with the promise of providing regular updates for free. Confronted with that they tell you, well, we do but you have to start from scratch and rebuild the whole store if not using Theme Updater, which only comes with an expensive monthly-subscription-scam instead of a one time fee. Out of the Sandbox blames that on Shopify. It looks very much like two companies working hand in hand, trying to suck more money out of their clients who of course depend on them if they want to keep up functionality of their e-commerce businesses. This is absolutely ridiculous!
This is not really for the app but more for their support for the theme which is terrible, unresponsive, dimissive and unhelpful. I was just going to purchae another theme from them but on the back on my recent experience I won't be.
I see I'm not the only person with disgust about the lack of customer service Out of the Sandbox offers. Beautiful themes, terrible, slow customer service. Not a way to expect people to run an ecommerce business. I forewarn potential customers to stay far away. If you run a day to day ecommerce business, pandemic or not, this is not the right company for you. P.S. I have tried for literally WEEKS to get (Magdalena) answers with no resolve. Shame on you for not supplementing your customer service as well as you've paid attention to your theme design. JQ