Keep your theme up to date
Upgrade to the latest version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme to take advantage of new features & bug fixes.
Preserve theme settings
Automatically move over your current theme settings so that you don’t have to reconfigure them.
Priority Theme Support
Pro subscribers receive priority ticket based support from our Merchant Success Team for any Out of the Sandbox theme questions or issues.
About Theme Updater
About Theme Updater
A bit of background: Shopify does not currently provide an easy way to update any themes when a new version of it is released.
You would normally need to obtain, then upload, a new zip file, then reconfigure all your theme settings again — including resetting all of your colors, typography, re-insert all your photos, text content and more.
The Shopify Theme Updater app lets you not only upgrade to the latest available version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme, without losing any of your configured theme settings. In some cases, it may even be able to carry over basic customizations that you or your developer have made directly to the theme code.
- Update your theme to the most recent version, quickly and easily
- Use the free app to update any time
Pro plan with more features
- Prioritized ticket based theme support from our Merchant Success Team for any Out of the Sandbox theme questions
- Detailed information about any custom code modifications that the app spotted in your theme that will need to be moved over manually by you or your developer
- Email notifications when a new version of your theme is available
- Support for copying over language files
Is this app right for me?
The Theme Updater App is a great fit that should save you time and ensure you always have the latest and greatest version of the theme in your shop if you these apply:
- You have purchased a valid license for an Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme
- You have registered your theme
- You have configured your shop using the Theme Editor
- You have little to no custom code edits or additions
Stores with advanced customizations
If you or your developer have made extensive or complex customizations directly to the theme files then these customizations will need to be manually transferred to the updated theme.
How it works
- Install the app (no changes will be made to your code yet)
- Access the app dashboard to see if your theme needs updated
- When you're ready, click "Update" to update your theme
- The app does not affect your live store or make modifications to your existing theme code
- Instead, the app installs an unpublished copy of the latest version of your theme
- You should then preview and thoroughly test the new unpublished theme
- You should consider keeping the old version on your store or downloading a backup
- When you have fully tested your store and you're ready to go live with the new version, click "Publish" to switch over to the new version
- If you find an issue with the new version even after publishing it, you can revert back to the old version
Which Shopify Themes are supported?
All Out of the Sandbox and Pixel Union 'Section Based' themes are supported.
- Out of the Sandbox Shopify Themes,
- Pixel Union Shopify Themes
Keep your theme up to date
Move over theme settings automatically — no more manual updating
Basic custom code is often able to be transferred
Priority theme support
View all code customizations
Transfers language files
Email notifications for new releases
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 94 reviews
Most recent reviews
HEART PUP on SHARK TANK Dog Carriers and Pet Slings by HeartPup
WORST PURCHASE OF MY LIFE! If you want to torment yourself & get nothing done & be set back months then BUYER BEWARE as you purchase. NO SUPPORT at all! No live chat, no phones, and emails are pointless replies that do not help at all. Features like HTML5 video don't work as advertised so emailed them and they won't help make it work then decide to install bare minimal version but first have to update to latest version and when try to do that then site says cannot validate purchase! So no version of Turbo theme is possible to download after paying $350!
Hello Heart Pup Team,
We're sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with your theme and with our support team. While we cannot provide over the phone support or a live chat, we are committed to supporting your theme and it's built-in settings and features in any way we can through email correspondence.
In order to use the Theme Updater app, you need to register your theme license. When you purchase a theme, your license is attached to the email you used at the time of purchase.
We have received your support request about your difficulty with registering with the incorrect email address, and it's great to see our response made it to you and that you have successfully registered with the correct email address - you should now be able to update your Turbo theme to the latest version. We're pleased we were able to help you with this one, but feel free to respond to the message to let us know if anything else is amiss.
Regarding the HTML5 video issue, we'd like to work with you to inspect the issue and provide support - we haven't been able to receive a reply to our messages to assist with the issue, but we're still keen to help! Feel free to reply to our previous messages, this message, or the request for a Collaborator account, and we'll be on the case.
At Out of the Sandbox, we pride ourselves on the level of support we're able to offer over email correspondence - we're awaiting your response to our offers to assist you as much as possible; we'd love to get this squared away!
OOTS Support Team
Their Turbo theme has a huge bug that sometimes causes the Add to Cart button not to display at all on product pages (talk about a conversion killer).
I brought this to the attention of the support team 4 months ago. They wouldn't believe it was their theme, and just kept telling me it must be cause by an app I am using or customisations I did. After about 20 emails the finally believed me (after I found out the bug is even present on their demo stores) and I was told it would be fixed in an update.
Now 4 months later the bug is still there and the customer support as unhelpful as before.
I expected a lot more from the most expensive Shopify theme around and have received (much) better support from free Shopify apps than what I've received from OOTSB.
So here I am still waiting for their Theme Updater to tell me there's an update and hoping this time the bug will be fixed.
Sorry to hear that you haven’t had a great experience with the updater app as well as our support team - we certainly strive to provide solutions as promptly as possible, but in this case, the issue has been very difficult to reproduce and troubleshoot. Without that ability to consistently reproduce it, it becomes a challenge to find the cause of the issue, thereby making the solution even harder to find. While we take each reported issue seriously, some can certainly present more difficulty and complexity.
With our theme updates, we aim to provide solutions for issues like you’ve experienced, but each update may also address other issues which can take extensive testing. Having said all of that, we can certainly appreciate the importance of this issue and the potential impact it may have, so we do apologize for the time it’s taken to sort this out. We’ve sent along an email to you if you’d like to discuss some options a little further, and hopefully we’re able to come to a solution there!
ORGANIC 1 Co.
Makes life easier thats for sure. Thank you very much for this great app! Very easy to install and use.