Keep your theme up to date
Upgrade to the latest version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme to take advantage of new features & bug fixes.
Preserve theme settings
Automatically move over your current theme settings so that you don’t have to reconfigure them.
Priority Theme Support
Pro subscribers receive priority ticket based support from our Merchant Success Team for any Out of the Sandbox theme questions or issues.
About Theme Updater
About Theme Updater
A bit of background: Shopify does not currently provide an easy way to update any themes when a new version of it is released.
You would normally need to obtain, then upload, a new zip file, then reconfigure all your theme settings — including resetting all of your colors, typography, images, text and more.
The Shopify Theme Updater app lets you not only upgrade to the latest available version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme, without losing any of your configured theme settings. In some cases, it may even be able to carry over basic customizations that you or your developer have made directly to the theme code.
When you purchase a theme, you will receive 1 year of free updating through our Theme Updater App's Basic Plan as soon as you register your theme. Before or after your free trial expires, you can select a subscription plan in order to continue to keep your theme up to date and get access to exclusive features through the app.
The Theme Updater App includes two subscription-based plans with monthly and annual billing options:
Basic plan (monthly + annually)
The basics for quickly getting your theme up to date.
- Update your theme to the most recent version, quickly and easily
- Email notifications when a new version of your theme is available
- Transfers basic customizations when possible
- Exclusive discounts
Pro plan (monthly + annually)
Advanced features for prioritizing and accelerating your theme updates.
- Prioritized ticket-based theme support from our Merchant Success Team for any Out of the Sandbox theme questions
- Detailed information about any custom code modifications that the app spotted in your theme that will need to be moved over manually by you or your developer
- Support for copying over language files
How it works
- Install the app (no changes will be made to your code yet)
- You can then check the app dashboard to see if your theme needs updating
- First you’ll need to register your theme
- Once your theme is registered, click "Update" to update your theme
- The app does not affect your live store or make modifications to your existing theme code
- Instead, the app installs an unpublished copy of the latest version of your theme
- You should then preview and thoroughly test the new unpublished theme
- Consider keeping the old version on your store or downloading a backup
- When you have fully tested your store and you're ready to go live with the new version, click "Publish" to switch over to the new version
- If you find an issue with the new version even after publishing it, you can revert back to the old version
- Out of the Sandbox Shopify Themes,
- Pixel Union Shopify Themes
Pricing 365-day free trial
or $6.58/month billed at $79 once per year
Keep your theme up to date
Move over theme settings automatically — no more manual updating
Basic custom code is often able to be transferred
or $10.75/month billed at $129 once per year
Priority theme support
View all code customizations
Transfers language files
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 127 reviews
Most recent reviews
Why make updating theme paid when the theme has already been purchased? This is deception and cheating.
I just wanted to Upgrade from Turbo to Flex but not anymore. If you don't move back the pricing of the updater app to free plan and pro , like it was before, you will loose all your clients. I was told when purchased the Turbo theme that we have free updates forever, doing this manually is impossible. Especially when the previous version has glitches , and now we can't do anything without paying the extra buck.
Peaches and Screams
I was happy with the theme whilst the updates through their app were free. At $500 for this theme, I would expect all the future automatic updates to be free. This is by far the greediest and unethical company I have ever come across. All they are doing is ripping people off by making the manual updates too difficult to install by a layperson and thus locking them into the paid updates plan. I am very disappointed with this company and DO not recommend Out of the Sandbox to anyone. There are plenty of other great Shopify themes out there. Do not waste your money on this theme as it is not worth. It is majorly overpriced.