Keep your theme up to date
Upgrade to the latest version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme to take advantage of new features & bug fixes.
Preserve theme settings
Automatically move over your current theme settings so that you don’t have to reconfigure them.
Priority Theme Support
Pro subscribers receive priority ticket based support from our Merchant Success Team for any Out of the Sandbox theme questions or issues.
About Theme Updater
About Theme Updater
A bit of background: Shopify does not currently provide an easy way to update any themes when a new version of it is released.
You would normally need to obtain, then upload, a new zip file, then reconfigure all your theme settings — including resetting all of your colors, typography, images, text and more.
The Shopify Theme Updater app lets you not only upgrade to the latest available version of your Out of the Sandbox or Pixel Union theme, without losing any of your configured theme settings. In some cases, it may even be able to carry over basic customizations that you or your developer have made directly to the theme code.
When you buy a theme, you will receive 1 year of free updating through our Theme Updater App's Basic Plan, which begins on the theme purchase date. Before or after your free trial expires, you can select a subscription plan in order to continue to keep your theme up to date and get access to exclusive features through the app.
The Theme Updater App includes two subscription-based plans with monthly and annual billing options:
Basic plan (monthly + annually)
The basics for quickly getting your theme up to date.
- Update your theme to the most recent version, quickly and easily
- Email notifications when a new version of your theme is available
- Transfers basic customizations when possible
Pro plan (monthly + annually)
Advanced features for prioritizing and accelerating your theme updates.
- Prioritized ticket-based theme support from our Merchant Success Team for any Out of the Sandbox theme questions
- Detailed information about any custom code modifications that the app spotted in your theme that will need to be moved over manually by you or your developer
- Support for copying over language files
How it works
- Install the app (no changes will be made to your code yet)
- You can then check the app dashboard to see if your theme needs updating
- First you’ll need to register your theme
- Once your theme is registered, click "Update" to update your theme
- The app does not affect your live store or make modifications to your existing theme code
- Instead, the app installs an unpublished copy of the latest version of your theme
- You should then preview and thoroughly test the new unpublished theme
- Consider keeping the old version on your store or downloading a backup
- When you have fully tested your store and you're ready to go live with the new version, click "Publish" to switch over to the new version
- If you find an issue with the new version even after publishing it, you can revert back to the old version
- Out of the Sandbox Shopify Themes,
- Pixel Union Shopify Themes
Install the latest default version of your theme to start fresh
No setting configurations or code customizations are applied
or $6.58/month billed at $79 once per year
Free year of access (from date of theme purchase)
Move over theme settings automatically
Custom code is detected and often transferred
or $10.75/month billed at $129 once per year
Priority theme support
View all code customizations
Transfers language files
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Destroyed our theme twice in a row. Furthermore it places the wrong items in the cart via mobil (happen also twice). No real support, "because of custom design". Well, the custom design is just basic CSS so no real adjustments. That should be able to handle the update but it doesn't. Support is very nice and friendly, but useless. They've created a storetasker ticket for us, but there was no reply by anyone. Great looking themes but be aware of adjusting anything - not even the font (like in our case). (PRO PLAN)
Hello MANUFAKTURWERK® Team,
Thank you for leaving this feedback.
Our support team has reached out to assist with the issues you've mentioned here. For the mobile cart, we have determined this is caused by some custom modifications. Our team has provided a temporary solution and we are here to help if you have any questions.
All the best,
Out of the Sandbox
This app is usefull because you can view template file customizations within a theme, but it doesn't import the customizations, you need to do that manually. We paid for "Contact Priority Theme Support". We were disappointed because the theme Parallax had important bugs, and the customer support wasn't ready to admit that and to fix them. After many emails (waste of time and stress), the support agreed the bug was linked to Parallax theme. They fixed the problem that I notified 7 days ago, so I change my review.
Hello Rendez-vous Nature team!
Thanks for leaving this feedback. We're glad our support team was able to resolve the bug you were seeing.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!
All the best,
Out of the Sandbox
Big Fruit Studios
This is as much about the themes - we use FLEX and TURBO - as it is about the updater (which is only for the Out Of the Sandbox themes - saw some earlier reviews - shame on them). This is paying for itself with just the new FAQ module. Helps to keep our Shopify site not looking like a typical Shopify site and now we also don't worry too much when it is time to upgrade.