TikTok

TikTok

by TikTok Inc.

Easily create TikTok video ads to reach engaged audiences

RadixShoes

Horrible support team! We try to pay our bills but we cannot make payment because of the TikTok payment gateway. It's been more than a month but no one helped us to pay the bill! Why it is so hard to pay a bill!!!

Anatolix

Autopay doesn't work! We cannot pay the bills! When we reach the threshold auto-payment failing and the account getting suspended.

GMI - Guitar and Music Institute Online Shop

Think before you install this app if you are a business but not yet registered for VAT. The app demands that you have a VAT registration number (I'm in the UK). If you don't have one, you're in a loop. Why not try the HELP section. Nope, they get back to you fairly quickly, but robotically just say "all EU and UK businesses must add their VAT number"....DESPITE telling them that my business did not have one and it is non compulsory for UK businesses under £86K turnover or there about...the help was utterly useless and to be frank, not fit for purpose. Now the app is in Limbo...meaning it's not totally installed due to no VAT number but I can't actually delete it from my Shopify store without going into the code...brilliant, just what I needed. Now I can waste more of my time delving into the guts of the Shopify code. I've always thought Tik Tok was probably nonsense, my experience with the company confirms that they are just that ...nonsense.

Redkey USB

Meh! Not VAT registered? No TIK TOK for you. Better to find out these things sooner, rather than later doncha think?

Make My Fun

This app takes your money then all it does is reject your adds for random reasons. This is a terrible app and a complete waste of time...just like TikTok.

March 19, 2021

Hi there,
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry about your experience and would like to try to understand more so we can how we can help.
Please email us at merchant-support@bytedance.com and we'll go from there!
Hope to talk to you soon.

Ozz Bands

TikTok only allow VAT registered companies to use this. I don't need to be VAT registered but there is no way around it. Useless for small companies and startups!

Blush Grove

Absolutely terrible customer service and support from TikTok. I got an email from Shopify that if I added TikTok as a channel, I would get an ad credit so I did just that AND even ran an ad campaign on the platform. When I didn't see the credit in my account, I reached out to the TikTok support team and didn't get even a response for a month, after I followed up twice. When I finally got in touch with them, they informed me that apparently, the ad credit is only for certain Shopify merchants($79 & $299 tiers). This was never mentioned in the email and there were no restrictions even called out - I'm pretty sure it's illegal for them to change up the qualifying criteria after the fact. I'm very disappointed in this level of service from TikTok and even after bringing this to their attention, they simply said they'd pass on my feedback and did nothing to make it right. I'm definitely going to steer clear of this platform, especially since the ad campaign results were less than stellar anyway.

March 19, 2021

Hello Blush Grove,
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to try to help if we can. Please email us at merchant-support@bytedance.com and we can go from there.
Hope to talk to you soon.

SAVE ME FROM

SMALL BUSINESS - BEWARE! Uninstalling, and highly disappointed as they fraudulently lie about their ad credit for small businesses. We initially downloaded the app as we were emailed about a Small Business Credit for advertising, which took forever to verify our business account as they were not disclosing what documents they needed from us, so we ended up uploading all of our business documents and finally got approved. After doing so, we were emailed to claim our credit which we did, and took us to the Advertising Manager and we assumed that we would be able to use this credit on our ads but was not applied to our account and were charged for the ads we were supposed to get credit for. Upon following up with TikTok Business support, they were stating we needed to claim the credit by 12/15 (not disclosed in the email anywhere, and we did claim it on 12/10), and then closed our ticket with no attempt at resolving. I filed another claim, asking where in the email is this information to be then told that the ad credit is no longer available in my country (US), yet we received an email 01/05 stating that there is another small business ad credit we can apply on the account, which does not disclose an expiration. There is no resolution on their part, they are not looking to help small businesses during these difficult times due to their fraudulent "ad credit"

February 2, 2021

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry about your experience and would like to try and help if we can. Please email us at merchant-support@bytedance.com and we'll see what we can do! Hope to talk to you soon.

lexinoelbeauty.com

SO THE AD WAS REJECTED! Here is the reason why: "E-commerce ads must display valid information on the landing pages. The information required by local law includes, but is not limited to the advertiser's contact details, company name, company address, business license, local currency price display, terms & conditions, shipping info, privacy policy, returns policy, and refund policy. " SOO IF YOU SCROLL DOWN TO THE LANDING PAGE the links to all that they are asking for EXIST...so what did I do... I went and clicked their HELP area to find a CONTACT US for TIkTOK...DOES NOT EXIST on their help page.

February 2, 2021

Thank you for your submitting your review. We are so sorry about the inconvenience. Please email us at merchant-support@bytedance.com and we'll see how we can help. Hope to talk to you soon!