Search & Replace Products

Search & Replace Products

by ToucanStar

Search and replace text easily across all your products.

Buy Attire (www.BuyAttire.com)

This app is not automated. furthermore, it forces "takes uppercase and lowercase into account". Meaning you have to manually type in variations of the word/s you want to replace many times to get one term properly replaced.

Additionally I have contacted their support to get them to disable the payment contract before the trial period ended, but they failed to do so and have not yet contacted me and I have been charged for a faulty app.

Additionally, I've contacted them twice, they don't verify they received your support request and have not contacted me in 3 days (or ever).

Please withdraw this product from Shopify, bad service doesn't work and even when you put through and replace all variations of a word/s you want to replace, it fails and does not replace all instances of the term you type in.

VERY BAD APP, DO NOT INSTALL.

Can someone from Shopify please contact me? I need a refund and my payments terminated from this app but the developers are not contacting me so I have no alternative but to seek a reasonable and proportionate outcome from Shopify staff.

June 26, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on our App and for helping us to understand your issue directly.

Currently the App only supports updating the page of products that are shown on the screen. Increasing the number of products shown or going to the next page and doing the same search and replace terms will allow you to change all products in the store.

We aim to make this experience better in the next release which will be worked on over the next few months.

Kat Scrappiness

It doesn't work I tried to edit product descriptions and followed the instructions. It's hard to choose the products when you have a large number of products and then it just doesn't change anything.

June 26, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for helping with our support questions.

At the current time our descriptions section of the find and replace tool does not handle embedded youtube videos in the description html, one embedded video causes the list to stop loading products. We aim to improve this in the next version of the App.

Bedrocks

i wanted an app where i could locate the same content in each item and then change or delete the text. Seemed relatively easy as per the instructions, and i have used ms word find and/or replace function a thousand times before without issue. I read the warning 'best to back up your data' before proceeding. However that want important to me - as i wanted to delete this content anyway. So i pasted the text i wanted deleted. into this apps find box - and it located 90 odd products. It then asked what i would like to replace this content with or just delete the text. I selected delete the text. To my amazement on checking the product items after wards - it deleted everything!!! all product descriptions gone! I couldn't believe it. And i didnt even hear back from their help desk, and it only took me a week to get descriptions done again! And as i said i have used find and replace functions many times before so not user error, nayve instructions