Overall rating Based on 158 reviews
About Vintage (Worldwide)
Do not let the nice looking interface fool you. There are several issues with the TradeGecko platform and do not seem like they are gonna fix this any time soon. Have talked with support countless times. biggest issue in REPORTING.
used TradeGecko for 6 months now and are too invested in custom API'es to drop the platform unfortunately.
- shopify discount's is placed as a "custom line item" in tradegecko, and your reporting+dashboard do not read custom line items. So lets say you always give 20% discount through vouchers, your shopify sales in TradeGecko will be 20% off all the time.
- if you create other custom sales items e.g. special one time produts/agreement etc. it will not show up in your TradeGecko sales/reporting
- many orders will not be "fulfilled" correctly because they do not support shopify value discounts, so POS orders often show a difference of 0.02 USD, so you need to write support to manually remove this incorrect difference through the back end.
- filtering menu's/overviews have no consistency and make no sense, some you can sort after, some you cannot etc.
- reporting/dashboard builder/filter is a joke and so badly executed. No logical sense and so many limitations. You have to export to excel and do everything manually to get any form for useful data
- many windows/tabs need to be refreshed manually to show incorrect data/changes
- picture sync from TG to Shopify products, works very bad an inconsistent.
- all apps/features is US focused, almost none are really useable in Europe.
We're a Bicycle Manufacturer and we use TradeGecko for our inventory management and composite variants which are then synced with Shopify.
Unfortunately, it was a little complicated to get the platform to do what we wanted it to do. And there was a huge amount of research needed to get there. But that's not the reason we're unhappy. All in all, it can achieve what we needed it to and it's flexible.
The sub-par review is really due to the customer service though. Our feeling was that they were all over us with calls and emails when we joined, but once we were in, it was harder to get service. To be open, TradeGecko have cited they have tried to get in touch, but their emails never hit my inbox - from what I can see it's a Zendesk issue, and they're citing our email as the cause, which is gmail and unlikely. Still, TradeGecko has not made any noteworthy effort to troubleshoot why their email is not getting through to our inbox. To add to this they have tried a number of times to call on random overseas numbers, but never left a voice message to contact them back. With email out and not knowing how to call them back, this made communication almost impossible and a relationship ending experience.
For the time being, we're going to cancel our subscription to TradeGecko, it's not worth the time needed to manage the system or their customer service.
The system itself works fairly well depending on what you want to do with it, If you only have one sales channel it might be the right option for you. But the customer service is horrible and the setup guides are too basic to do anything useful.
The phone support during setup is nothing more than somebody reading a script and if you have any real technical questions they will get back to you within 1-3 days, it is designed to help someone with little to no technical experience.
There are big limits on what you can do with Xero integration that do not become evident right away and create many hours of extra work doing manual payment reversals in Xero.
Unfortunately I have tried a bunch of inventory systems and none of them are without similar faults and all seem to have 2-3 day response times which is absolutely useless when trying to implement them into a live business.
I think my next option is to find a webstore provider that has some sort of inventory management built in that is not useless like the shopify system.
Quince And Co
The product is pretty buggy but offers a lot of features if you're willing to wade through the bugs and the idiosyncrasies of the way the app works (hint: refresh TG after everything you do or you'll get very confused!).
That said, the customer service is appallingly bad. If you manage to get Oscar, he'll at least try to help. The rest of the team appear to know nothing and not be able to understand the most basic of queries or descriptions of situations. If you uncover anything that they don't understand, they'll repeat useless information ad nauseam or send you to their engineers and engage you in endless run-around until you figure out a work-around for whatever went wrong with their system.
Stay away if you don't like frustration.
Make-Up Designory (MUD)
The app at itself is good if you use it standalone. But the integration with shopify is not 100% like it should be. TG does not recognise refunds from shopify so your profit shows much higher that it really is) and gift cards that are created on the spot are also not calculated in the profit as well.
We have to agree with what 4HUNKS is saying. Their support is not what you would expect when paying €200 per month for an app. Asking a question or reporting bugs will only end with more (useless) questions. We have the feeling that its their way of stalling time. When you mention something in details they will ask you something that you have already mentioned. At the moment we have several open tickets. Some more than 3 weeks old. Very frustrating as an expanding business.