QuickBooks Commerce

QuickBooks Commerce

by Intuit

Power every part of your business with a single platform

Furtherfaster

I have been using TradeGecko for over a year now and have had it synced to Shopify since Sept . It seamlessly pulls orders through from Shopify and creates customer accounts in Trade Gecko and also in my case pushes info in to Xero as well. It keeps all the stock levels correct in Shopify and the reporting fuctions are getting better and better.
It really is a easy to grasp system and I would highly recommend it .

Next Fpv

We have been using trade gecko for a number of months now and it is certainly a great solution for what we needed. While it has lots of functions that we could not live without and does them quite well there are a number of things that could be implemented that would round the program off nicely.

1. Ability to add local import tariffs in a different currency to what the order was placed in, this is mentioned in another review also. This can be worked around by converting the local charges to the order currency manually and using the converted figure when adding landed costs.

2.Being able to edit an invoice once it is created

3. Having a stock location that can keep stock, but cannot be sold from that location through shopify or the B2B automatically.

4. The ability to backorder products on the B2B but not on Shopify.

Other than that its definitely worth a go to see if it fits your business.

555jewelry

TradeGecko is an amazing order management system and definitely worth its weight in price. The value you get in features and support is unmatched, and they are always improving and adding new/better functionality.

Of course, there's always opportunity for improvement and it's not perfect but their support is quick to respond and always on the ball.

If you're running an e-commerce business and need a solid order management and inventory system, this is it.

Tronsportsca

The concept is good and for me its the best solution available at the moment. Three stars is because I find bugs with their system on a daily basis. In my opinion, $200 per month is a little too expensive given the bugs I have to live with. However they are willing to work on improving. Reality is that any solution will have its problems. I don't like that for $200 per month it only includes email support and I don't have a dedicated rep to handle our account.

On a positive side, they did fix the problem of orders from Shopify not being pushed to QuickBooks.

I know they are working on adding multiple suppliers per item, but at this point in time, it is a huge problem for me that each item can only have 1 supplier.

TG does not allow me to manually set my landed cost price. They force you to use their automated cost calculation which does not work for importers like myself. There is no way to input specific duty rates per item, so I need to do one PO per rate of duty and manually distribute the added costs to each PO. Not a big deal, but each PO can only be in one currency, ie if PO is in USD, and the broker fees are in Canadian, you have to convert the broker fees to USD. TG is not an accounting system, so you cannot apply line items to specific ledge accounts. I have to manually do ledger entries in my QBO account for each.

Angler's Bay Clothing & Apparel

Recently switched from Lettuce Apps. Main reason for the switch was for better sales analytics, which TG absolutely nails. Integrations are easy to setup, and their support documentation AND response are both top-notch. If you're a small-midsize business, I recommend using this for inventory management. Makes the pains of retail much, much easier.

Make-Up Designory (MUD)

The app at itself is good if you use it standalone. But the integration with shopify is not 100% like it should be. TG does not recognise refunds from shopify so your profit shows much higher that it really is) and gift cards that are created on the spot are also not calculated in the profit as well.

We have to agree with what 4HUNKS is saying. Their support is not what you would expect when paying €200 per month for an app. Asking a question or reporting bugs will only end with more (useless) questions. We have the feeling that its their way of stalling time. When you mention something in details they will ask you something that you have already mentioned. At the moment we have several open tickets. Some more than 3 weeks old. Very frustrating as an expanding business.

AILA Cosmetics

Trade Gecko has been amazing for our integration! It provides us an easy solution to maintain our wholesale and retail business in the most efficient manner possible. I highly recommend this app for businesses who need and inventory management control and customer relationship management system integrated into their website. Thank you Trade Gecko!

Lotus Hardware

Developers of Tradegecko run their own business out of which Tradegecko was born. This means Tradegecko solves real world needs and delivers!
It integrates beautifully with Shopify and the Xero accounting package + other apps - but these two I am familiar with - and actually recommend.
So for instance as soon as a sale is marked as shipped (ie fulfilled) - inventory state is automatically reflected on the Shopify website as well - giving a true picture of the inventory state at any given moment.
Tradegecko is built on the outstanding Ruby-on-Rails web framework - same as Shopify. There are undelying technical reasons explaing this framework's great capabilities... For example, the Ryby language being a TRULY Object Oriented stand alone language on its own - something that the competing php 'lang' web frameworks CANNOT match. The php 'lang' Object Orientation was bolted on later in the php 'lang' development as something of an afterthought.
In short the external app integrations with Shopify and Xero are done properly and work really well. Couple this with a very very good User Interface inside Tradegecko - a pleasure to use...
If you are a large multinational - you already have a custom inhouse solution.
If you manufacture involved products (ie use complex bills of materials), Tradegecko might not be your best match (not yet).
BUT for most other start-ups/small/medium businesses out there - the majority - Tradegecko should be a beautiful fit. Very highly recommended.
Thus,
Tradegecko functions very, very well for its intended target audience of small/medium size businesses.
Have been using it for over a year and have nothing but praise.
The integration with Shopify and Xero - what I primarily use are outstanding.

The only reservation, already mentioned is this:
If you are serious manufacturer with a complex composite bill of materials (BOM)
making up each product - perhaps in its current state Tradegecko is not the best match.
But for the rest ie. a large number of typical small/medium size businesses it is a GREAT match.

Looking to the future:
-----------------------------
We have seen an increase in use of a database paradigm known as NoSQL -
you have heard the names: eg Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, Berkley, couchDB etc etc.
While they are great as caching technology, many software as a service (SAAS) providers make a mistake of treating NoSQL as their ONLY database solution.

Thankfully, I have been informed by Bradley Cameron (Tradegecko's CTO) that Tradegecko continues to use a traditional relational database - PostgreSQL in this case - full marks there for not running away with the NoSQL hype.

As for the future, the fast speed NoSQL caching technology may have its place - used for caching (combined with the relational database in the background).
If you are a growing medium size business consider the following...

The rise of noSQL - picking through the hype
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Many NoSQL databases are designed to run well on large clusters - so it has a lot to do with large corporation's conveniences - hence the hype.

For example Google is running distributed server-clusters presenting a front of a 'single box'...
But it is NOT an actual single server and running traditional relational SQL databases in a massively distributed fashion started to present problems for the big corps - not us.
Still, this is what makes the noSQL more attractive for large data volumes of the big corps.
Hence the hype and push for noSQL.

Horses for courses:
---------------------------
A long standing and well respected computer scientist - Martin Fowler,
(his latest book: 'Introduction to NoSQL') emphasizes that NoSQL databases are NOT going to
replace relational databases - your PostgreSQL or MySQL etc - no need to be taken in by the hype.

A business example:
------------------------------
Consider an actual real world example (the 'Diaspora' social network, below) where the choice of database type almost derailed a business:

Here is a short extract...

"What is cache invalidation, and why is it so hard?
Cache invalidation is just knowing when a piece of your cached data is out of date, and needs to be updated or replaced.
Here’s a typical example that I see every day in web applications. We have a backing store, typically PostgreSQL or MySQL,
and then in front of that we have a caching layer, typically Memcached or Redis
(or other noSQL type solutions - MongoDB, Cassandra, Berkley and couchDB etc).
Requests to read a user’s activity stream go to the cache rather than the database directly, which makes them very fast...
BUT
What happens if a background job fails partway through? Machines get rebooted, network cables get unplugged, applications restart. Instability is the only constant in our line of work. When that happens, you’ll end up with invalid data in your cache. Some copies of the post will have the old title, and some copies will have the new title. That’s a hard problem, but with a cache, there’s always the nuclear option.
You can always delete the entire activity stream record out of your cache and regenerate it from your consistent backing store. It may be slow, but at least it’s possible.

What if there is no backing store? What if you skip step 1? What if the cache (the noSQL solution) is ALL you have?

When MongoDB is all you have, it’s a cache with no backing store behind it. It will become inconsistent. Not eventually consistent — just plain, flat-out inconsistent, for all time. At that point, you have no options. Not even a nuclear one. You have no way to regenerate the data in a consistent state.

When Diaspora decided to store social data in MongoDB, we were conflating a database with a cache. Databases and caches are very different things. They have very different ideas about permanence, transience, duplication, references, data integrity, and speed.
The Conversion
Once we figured out that we had accidentally chosen a cache for our database, what did we do about it?
Well, that’s the million dollar question. But I’ve already answered the billion-dollar question. In this post I’ve talked about how we used MongoDB vs. how it was designed to be used. I’ve talked about it as though all that information were obvious, and the Diaspora team just failed to research adequately before choosing.

But this stuff wasn’t obvious at all. The MongoDB docs tell you what it’s good at, without emphasizing what it’s not good at. That’s natural. All projects do that. But as a result, it took us about six months, a lot of user complaints, and a lot of investigation to figure out that we were using MongoDB the wrong way.
There was nothing to do but take the data out of MongoDB and move it to a relational store, dealing as best we could with the inconsistent data we uncovered along the way. The data conversion itself — export from MongoDB, import to MySQL — was straightforward..."

Juguetes Manika

I´ve been using them and they really work good together. I had had some problems but with great costumer service from TradeGecko.

Fusion-Bags.com

Trade Gecko has provided the perfect Inventory Management solution for our business, and has played a huge part in our recent expansion.

Used alongside Shopify and Xero, the three Apps work beautifully together, and have provided the members of our small yet busy team with the confidence required of any Inventory System during what has been an extremely busy period for us.

Initial testing of Trade Gecko prior to subscription was impressive enough, however after a few months of running live, the benefits of this wonderful App are becoming apparent. Information and data can be extracted in a variety of ways, and the reporting is excellent.

The functionality of Trade Gecko fits perfectly with our needs, and when the support team have been called upon, whether for tweaks to the system or just to answer user questions, the response has always been extremely timely and concise.

Highly recommended!