Transcy: AI Language Translate

Multi Language, Multi Currency Converter Box by Geolocation

Free plan available. 14-day free trial.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

E Parkville

Location Egypt

No Transparency, Terrible customer support.
Access request granted to Transcy app team to fix an error that appears in translation and after that some changes on the theme where done , customers couldn't check out. We had multiple changes within the theme to fix this error without any clear communication from them on what was done when we requested a clarification to fix the problem.

August 12, 2022

Hi Sally,

I'm Marry from Transcy and we're deeply sorry for any inconvenience causing to your experience

We have seen that one of our colleagues is following your case, he gave you clear explanation as well as solution for your case, please kindly check your email and let him know if you need further support

Best Regards
Marry

tshirtjunkies.co

Location Cyprus
Time spent using app About 2 hours

BE AWARE After my bad experience and finally canceling and removing the app which left a lot of useless code on my side, I received 6 to 8 emails in 4 days one phone call on my personal phone number (they were masking their phone number) and they send me messages on Whatsapp. They don't respect your personal data and they will SPAM you to death! Completely useless! If you plan to translate your language from English to another language that is not Latin based, the chances of the fonts working in both languages are zero to none. And this app does not offer support or a build-in solution to adjust/change the fonts in the second language so your website will look clean and professional. The AI translation tool is a joke, don't use it to translate your website with it. Customer service was a total disappointment, they refuse to cancel my subscription even if I was in the 14-day trial and they claim that they offer 30 days refund... what a joke!

July 12, 2022

Hi Vasilis,

This is Amanda and we're deeply sorry for your unexpected experience with our app

Regarding to your concerns as following:

1. On the behalf of my team, I personally apologize because of this inconvenience and it made you feel disrespectful. Through this unexpected situation, we will recheck the agent and have a proper training to avoid this in the future, so I highly appreciate your empathy

2. For leftover code when removing our app, as usual once you uninstall our app, our core code will be removed as well, however if there's still the leftover code, you can contact us for further help or refer to our article with the title "How to remove leftover code after uninstalling Transcy?" in Help Center

3. For the main issue with changing font for target language, unfortunately it's not yet on our app, however I appreciate your suggestion and investigate to find a relevant solution for future update. Right now, our just translates the language from your default to target language, for the font of target language, it will be kept the same as original font. Hope this will clarify your concerns.

Should you need further support, please let us know as soon as possible

Amanda

Jeans4you.shop

Time spent using app About 21 hours

Jennifer from support is really slow. I have asked to connect with another agent, but nothing happens. Translation doesn't work properly on mobile pages, but I can't find help for this. And all the problem is not over here. Today I am dealing with Johnson from support. I have site speed decreased from 77 to 49. And all the language selections are messed up.

June 27, 2022

Hi Andrius,

I'm Brian and we sincerely apologize for your unexpected experience with us.

Regarding to your main concerns as following:

1. For unexpected support from our agent, we will recheck their work carefully and have a proper training for them in order to avoid it in the future. Also please believe me that single conversation does not reflect the whole support and product quality we have built for years, and I highly appreciate your empathy in this situation.

2. Translation issue because there is a conflict between our app and your page speed optimized code. I have seen that one of my colleague is reaching out you but unsuccessful, please check your email for further support. Looking forward to hearing from you soonest

Brian

Bella Boutique

Time spent using app 3 minutes

Pricing is very misleading. A free plan is only available to new customers. I was looking forward to this app considering I only needed 1 currency converter and 1 language converter so I thought the free plan was perfect to realize I couldn't select it. Disappointing

June 16, 2022

Hi Alexis,

This is Kelly and we're deeply sorry for your unexpected experience with our app

Regarding to your concern, we're offering 4 plans including Free plan as well. However for Free plan, we offer this plan for stores that created within 60 days in the hopes of helping them in the early stages

I have seen that my colleague is following your case, he gives you a clear explanation as well as solutions for your case, please kindly check and let him know if you need further support.

Kelly

ChinaHobbyLine

Location Hong Kong SAR

THIS IS THE WORST APP EVER!!!
The currency does not work on the cart page!!!! I contacted them and stated the issue very clearly and even sent the image to them. The support team is not reading my message at all and wasted 2 hours looking for something else. I kept sending them where the issue is, but AGAIN they ignored my message. After 5 hours later, they said it is the Shopify payment issue for the currency not displayed on the CHECKOUT PAGE which I never said its on the checkout page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now all currencies do not work at all including the languages. THIS APP IS JUST LIKE JOKES, THE SUPPORT TEAM IGNORES YOUR FEEDBACK AND ONLY WASTED YOUR TIME UPDATE------
They will change your settings and hide the selector without your permission UPDATE 0624
AGAIN They unstodd my request incorrectly and changed your app setting without your permission.

June 3, 2022

Hi there,

Here's Jolie and we are truly sorry for this inconvenience causing to your experience with our app

First of all, we fully take this responsibility because of unexpected support from our agent, we will recheck carefully and have a proper training for them in order to avoid it in the future. Also please believe me that single conversation does not reflect the whole support and product quality we have built for years, and I highly appreciate your empathy in this situation.

I have seen that one of my colleagues is following your case by giving you clear explanation as well as solutions for your case, please kindly check it and let him know if you need further support.

Jolie

Nopalli

Location Sweden

We have finished our trial with Transcy and we have decided not to continue with them. The app is good if you have a "simple" store, but if you take your store seriously and care about loading time, performance and dynamic translations this is not it. If you have a page that has other third apps, specially landing page apps like GemPages and more, then Transcy is not at all good. The app cannot translate anything that doesnt belong to the native shopify theme, for exemple, we have some products with specific profiles and modules, if we want to change the language with Transcy it behaves as intended (on the current page), but if you click another product (which is what a customer will do) then the next page is loaded on the primary language and then it takes between 2-5 seconds to translate the page, really disrupting our customer experience. We talked with technical support and they told us that it is because Transcy needs to wait for the whole page to load (images and text) and it doesnt support other apps besides native Shopify... When we first installed, we got a sync issue, when trying to translate it was taking us to a 404, they fixed this issue over and over again during our trial so we couldnt really test the app, and we were forced to contact customer support to be able to embed the switcher to our page. After contacting them for the first time without even having being able to be able to run the app on our page the "agent Jennifer" asked us to rate the app, we told them that we couldnt give a rate if we haven't even tested the app. On "her" next answer, 5 minutes later, "she" told us that "she" cannot see our 5 stars review and when are we going to do it, really?, after we told "her" that we will do it when we have tested the app then she told us to tell her when we have done it so she can check it, what??, it seems that "she" got upset and they fixed our issue in 1-3 hrs!. The customer support is not good at all, you always deal with "Jennifer" with the same profile picture, and when you tell them the issue, "she" always asks for a screenshot, how can I provide a screenshot for a dynamic loading issue? please tell me how, because you cannot upload movie files... "Jennifer" is just a name for all the team to talk to you, so no personal interaction, then the technical support is very rude and they never introduce themselves. But the deal breaker for us is that when you contact cutomer support it takes generally 1-3 hours for them to answer, and when you answer their answer then they take another hour. Just yesterday it took 2 hours for them to fix the same 404 issue and an extra 6 hours to answer our technical questions. On average, it will take you 3 hours to have your problem fixed and your questions answered, do our customers have this time?, i dont think so. So if you have a busy page, this app is not the answer, if you run into an issue that "kills" your page like our 404 issue, it will be fixed in hours (they "repaired" 4 times, and didnt told us what was the issue). If you are a proper business owner, ask yourself, how many customer I have lost during this time and how does the limited capacity of this app will impact my company's reputation. Think carefully and consider other options that supports third party apps like Weglot, Translation Lab, between others before chosing this faily simple app with an impersonal and slow customer service. Five starts reviews are mostly after have fixed a simple issue, the real reviews are 3 stars and below.

March 30, 2022

Hi Jorge,

This is Emma. We're deeply sorry for any inconvenience during using our app because our app has not reached your expectation.

For unexpected support from our agent, we will recheck carefully and have a proper training for them in order to avoid it in the future. Also please believe me that single conversation does not reflect the whole support and product quality we have built for years, and I highly appreciate your empathy in this situation.

Emma

My Illustrated

Location Germany

Update: After two weeks of live testing. Visitors droped 45%.... Sales droped over 50%. Some users from germany get the english version displayed and canceled the order. I have deleted the app. Old Rating: Easy Interface, Good Design and a smooth auto translation. You can also add manual translation after. Perfect & a very helpful team which guides you thru all the setup. Thank you.

February 24, 2022

Hi Karsten,

I'm Mirabel and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience causing to your experience.

In relation to your main issue about dropped visitors or sales, we need to check further if there's any wrong from our app. Besides that, please recheck the rest of features such as business strategy, because your issue may come from many different kinds of aspects. We find this useful as we also had a hard time gaining sales .You may check on this link we're going to provide https://www.shopifycompass.com/

As we have seen that one of our colleague is reaching out you but unsuccessful, also has sent you follow-up emails, please kindly check your email for further support. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards
Mirabel

UV CAN SANITIZE

If you're tired of your Shopify website This is the best App to ruin it, they'll be super quick at the beginning to support and get their messy application set up on your website and add the switcher and they'll ask for your rating and review right after installation and you've no idea what a mess they did in your website theme, after that everything will stop working and non of these ppl will even get back to you.

February 10, 2022

Hi Mehrdad,

This is Patrick from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team. We're deeply sorry for any inconvenience during using our app because our app has not reached your expectation.

As you said that our app ruined your store, unfortunately your description is not clear enough, so we cannot investigate further. However please do not worry, I have seen that my colleague is following your case, he gives you a clear explanation as well as solutions for your case, please kindly check your email and let him know if you need further support.

Patrick

MoonLight Flavors

Location Sweden

I haven't started using it yet but the setup went very smooth with all the help I was receiving from the customer service. Big help!! Thanks.
UPDATE- I've now started using the app, very disappointed since I've already spent much time translating a lot but customer service does not help me to solve my problems or questions. They answer slow and don't have any type of knowledge needed to help. The translating is not very well so you need to sit and go through every little page translated to make sure it is correctly spelled. Super time-consuming. I will stop using this app.

January 24, 2022

Hi Johanna,

My name's Vincent from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team. We're so sad to see your updated review, however we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

For unexpected support from my agent, I personally talked directly to them in order to avoid it in the future. Also please believe me that single conversation does not reflect the whole support and product quality we have built for years, and I highly appreciate your understanding in this situation.

For your concerns, I have seen that my colleague is following your case, he gives you a clear explanation as well as solutions for your case, please kindly check your email and let him know if you need further support.

Vincent

Gensami

Location Italy

Poorly developed app. The auto translator creates texts with no sense, so the contextual translation must be performed manually. Most texts are not divided in menus, or pages corresponding to the shop structure , the texts can be found under "Homepage". There is no easy way to find and replace texts, no visual identifier, no way to match. The texts repeat itself, so every word must be manually translated , without the option of bulk translation.
There is content on the shop that is not identified in Transcy and cannot be translated. After weeks of work of manually translating the texts, we discovered that the app is not stable and the translations are not permanent. As soon as a minor change is operated in the shop, like adding a new content section, the translations are broken. Either they don't appear anymore , or the contextual translation is replaced by the poor autotranslator. I don't recommend this app, is causing only issues .

December 20, 2021

Hi Andre,

I'm Kieran from Transcy - Translate Language and Convert Currency Customer Support Team and we are deeply sorry for your bad experience with us.

Your feedback is necessary for us to improve our app and service in the better way. As my colleague has sent you a follow-up email to explain more your case as well as some detailed guidance regarding to translation, please kindly check it again.

Looking forward to hearing from you soonest.

Kieran