Transcy ‑ Translate & Currency

Transcy ‑ Translate & Currency

by FireBox

Translate your store into multi languages & convert currency

Ocean Lab Brewing Co.

There are a few things to watch out for before getting this app.

1. You can't place the switcher wherever you want.

This meant that, even though I'm a fully capable developer, I had to wait 2 days for them to place the switcher on my header since my "automatic" Venue theme installation was broken.

Once completed, it was not well place and the font size was different to my other nav links. It was also incorrectly configured since I don't support different currencies. And as soon as I turned off the currency setting, it broke again.

You are powerless here. If you're not tech savvy and don't mind waiting for support. You're good to go.

2. You can't turn off translations once they go off. Seriously. No backsies.

We had 500+ products translated to Spanish all at once and there was no way of saying "hey, I actually don't want those, let's put those translations back to the default language and only keep the home page translations for Spanish" or "I actually only want these 10 products translated to Spanish, ignore the rest". Nope, you are done my friend. You see those 400,000 translations we've made? Yeah, now go one by one and correct the translation mistakes (Who has that kind of time?). So yeah, you got me. Keep your – as stated repeatedly – non-refundable $60 bucks, I'm out!

Please beware. I think the reviewers here are not seeing how devastatingly awful this app can be as you scale your business, since most of their stores are so early-stage. If your business is serious about translations, this is NOT the app for you.

Who is this app is for?

If you have 1-10 products on your store and can afford fixing all the translations as soon as you "translate all products", this app is perfect for you.

September 16, 2020

Hello Matias,

Here is Seri from FireApps Customer Support Team, and I am so sorry for the inconvenience that have caused to you.

After checking your feedback carefully, below are my comments:

Firstly, about the switcher, we sincerely apologize for late fix regarding the embedded problem because our Development team did not work during weekend. I see you said that the switcher was not well placed, and not fit the font size. So could you please tell me more details about it to assist further? Which position do you want to place your switcher, and which font size do you want it to be?

Secondly, about the problem that the switcher was broken when turning off currency option, I have tried to turn off it from my end, and was not able to reproduce it. Thus, would you mind to try it on your site again, and let me know if the issue still persists?

Thirdly, about the translation concern, once pages are translated, it will be saved on your Shopify store. I really sorry that at the moment, we can not choose which specific page to translate or not. Therefore, I am going to forward this idea to our Business Development team to consider it in our future release.

Also, I see that you have removed all the targeted languages that you added previously, so may I know if there is anything I can help at this point?

Look forward to hearing your reply.

Warmest regards,
Seri

Orucase

It works. But the interface is not that intuitive, and you can easily overwrite your first free 100,000 words and then have to spend more to re-translate your store.

August 18, 2020

Hi Colonel,

I'm Johnson from FireApps Customer Support Team, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience has caused to you.

As I checked your concern, you were in Starter plan with 100,000 available words, however, you intended to translate most of pages with 2 languages which contained more than 100,000 words, so this intention will be impossible. Therefore, please consider to buy more words to translate all pages.

Besides, you can go to "Translate store" menu to check which pages have been translated or not. With some pages under "Translating" status, you can buy more words to continuously translate, and this process does not count more available words until it is being translated completely.

As we are having an active conversation, I will keep contacting you there.

Regards,