Use Transporter to convert and import data from your previous platform to Shopify Plus in just a few steps.
Be confident in your data
Have confidence in migrated data so you can use your store’s product, order, and customer data to execute campaigns.
Launch quicker, start making money faster, and give your customers a better experience without missing a beat.
Transporter is a suite of data migration tools that simplifies the process of switching to Shopify Plus. Transporter puts the control in your hands to offer a fast and seamless migration experience, from migration to launch. Launch quicker and start making money faster without missing a beat.
Your first step is Transporter’s command line tool to convert legacy platform data to Shopify-friendly CSVs. The tool and transformation scripts are open sourced, so you can customize scripts for complex data and contribute to and improve them.
Next, use the Transporter app to load the information into Shopify. The app has many benefits over native CSV importing, including:
- Support for customers, products, orders, and metafields
- A recommended file upload size of 250MB
- Runs 10x faster than the standard APIs
- The ability to delete data in bulk
- Error reporting for easy troubleshooting
For more information, read Transporter’s Help Center documentation.
Note: This app can only be installed on Shopify Plus shops.
Most recent reviews
This app is garbage. Doesn't even work when exporting/importing from other instances of Shopify. Unacceptable as a tool they offer to enterprise level users.
My God, I hate this app. We are splitting our existing Shopify store and needed to migrate some orders over to the new Shopify store. Despite Shopify recommending this app, the export from Shopify does not match the import csv. The app rejects orders for several reasons, even though these are historic orders and it does not matter that the information might be incorrect. 1. Rejects invalid emails
2. Rejects phone numbers that are not in E.164 format (i.e. around 90% of orders)
3. Date must be in ISO 8061 format (have to convert every single date)
4. Despite the Shopify export using 'unfulfilled' as a status, this is not a recognised status for Transporter and it must be blank in the import csv It takes so long to rectify these above issues, when all we want to do is use the order data and just reimport it back into Shopify.
Bryan Anthonys Wholesale
Poor support for shopify to shopify order import-export. Its odd that shopify support recommends it as a solution for migrations of this kind.
While the shopify order export structure is accepted and imported by transporter, the import prices and totals are wildly different.