TrustSpot Reviews, Photos, Q&A

TrustSpot Reviews, Photos, Q&A

by TrustSpot

Collect Product & Site Reviews, Photos, Videos, Q&A and more.

Kendama USA

TrustSpot is a decent review platform for folks looking for a little more functionality over Shopify's out of the box solution, but their lack of care, support, and responsibility will leave much to be desired.

Here are a couple of issues we experienced after making the switch:

1. Lack of Support
2. They do not support review stars on Ads. Only Google Shopping.
3. You will also need to switch your structured data from microdata to JSON, which will cause issues if not done properly. They will not assist you. (Rich Snippets) We had to invest in a third party to fix coding issues caused by TrustSpot.
4. They are not a Google Partner. (Can only push show reviews acquired on TrustSpot, time for stars to show can be exorbitant)
5. Co-branded emails are sent from TrustSpot servers, no way to remove TrustSpot branding, no integration with ESP available to completely white label it.
6. Product Review Widget suddenly placed site reviews on all product pages.
7. Co-branded company profile page with all reviews.... duplicate content w/ no syndication.

October 30, 2019

Hi Kendama USA,

It's always troublesome reading a less then stellar review, but many of items you mentioned are factually not correct. So even though you might not be happy about features not available on your plan, there's no reason to not tell the truth about the platform. I'll provide a detailed overview here on all points in hopes it helps.

1. TrustSpot has been around for over 5 years and services more then 22,000 global brands. The majority of these brands are eCommerce based and find value in Google Shopping, Inline SEO and Rich Snippets driving the majority of their traffic. These are the areas we focus on. We do not focus on CR's, which are generally for service based businesses.

You can use Google Customer Reviews (free) to achieve CRs, without having to pay services for them. We've always made brands aware of this.

2. Not true, as indicated above. We provide star ratings in 3 areas really, Google Shopping PLA & Rich Snippets (2 major CTR drivers for eCommerce brands), in addition to an optional company page to help drive SEO rankings. The page can be disabled, but most clients tend to utilize it.

3. Google recommends to use LD-JSON since that's the latest / recommended version, which TrustSpot does utilize. If your site already has rich snippets it can conflict (Google doesn't like to see dupes on the page), thus we recommend to use TrustSpots.

If you prefer to not use TrustSpot's, you can simply disable them under: PR > General Settings > Disable rich snippets.

4. Not true, our Enterprise $399 Plan has this feature. Your plan (Premium $149) does not have Custom Sender Domain feature. Just because the plan you're paying for doesn't have it, doesn't mean the actual platform is missing it.

5. Correct, the role of the Product Review widget is to display reviews for your products on the product template. This is true for any review services, not just TrustSpot. If you wish a particular product page to NOT show the widget, you can blacklist this from under: PR > Products.

This feature takes about 15 seconds to enable since it's a simple checkbox.

6. Not true, as indicated above. Syndication is a feature on our Enterprise $399 Plan, and you were paying for the Premium $149 plan. If your plan was upgraded, you would have access to this feature. Again, just because a feature doesn't exist on your paid plan, doesn't mean it isn't available for other clients on higher plans.

7. I suppose the 30+ live chat conversations, and email chains from your team to our team are fake as well over the course of 1 year are a clear indication of "lack of support"? Happy to provide screenshots of all conversations to you anytime you request them.

You spent considerable time receiving care from Hannah, Beth, Kelly, Bonnie and Larry. Larry was helpful with your rich snippet questions.

It hurts me personally as a company owner, that you would mention this given all the time our team has invested in helping you.

I wish you the best of luck in your venture.

Ryan Haidinger
CEO, TrustSpot

Swing Design

I moved over to Trustspot from yotpo. At the time yotpo was trying to charge me 15k a year for their review app. Trustspot gave me even more options, such as customer images, at a fraction of the cost of yotpo. I have had very little issues and any requests Trustspot was quick to act on. They also migrated all our yotpo reviews over so we lost no data. I highly recommend their app. You can see on our site we have almost 30k reviews at the time of this post. Very happy with the app.

JumpingCLAY

DO NOT USE. I have asked the company to send me an export of my reviews as we are moving to another provider and they have refused. They have told me ""they do not have a mechanism to do this"", yet 1 year ago they sent me a spreadsheet when asked.
So please be wary YOU will probably not be able to get your REVIEWS off these people if you want to leave them.

Tulip Smile

They resolved our problem. If some gave negative rating then we can not give responce back to clarify for viewers. Trust Spot ought to give option to reply on comment fpr free plan.

Audi Mods

Excellent all-in-one user generated content system. Easy to automatically collect reviews and user photos, great support team. Thanks guys!

Kra Mart

Was suppose to get back to me with setup assistance, and never did.

Yourturnkeystore 243

Great app that comes with a price tag.

Prima Perfume

Works perfectly! Thanks so much!

Ltm Endeavors Gifts

Would love to rate this a 5 star but I really haven't had a lot of customers respond for giving a revue. Love the fact it is free and really works great.

Freemancave

Moved from Trustpilot to Trustspot. So far our experience is positive. Still continues to be difficult to actually get reviews...

Previous 1