The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
TrustSpot is a decent review platform for folks looking for a little more functionality over Shopify's out of the box solution, but their lack of care, support, and responsibility will leave much to be desired.
Here are a couple of issues we experienced after making the switch:
1. Lack of Support
2. They do not support review stars on Ads. Only Google Shopping.
3. You will also need to switch your structured data from microdata to JSON, which will cause issues if not done properly. They will not assist you. (Rich Snippets) We had to invest in a third party to fix coding issues caused by TrustSpot.
4. They are not a Google Partner. (Can only push show reviews acquired on TrustSpot, time for stars to show can be exorbitant)
5. Co-branded emails are sent from TrustSpot servers, no way to remove TrustSpot branding, no integration with ESP available to completely white label it.
6. Product Review Widget suddenly placed site reviews on all product pages.
7. Co-branded company profile page with all reviews.... duplicate content w/ no syndication.
Hi Kendama USA,
It's always troublesome reading a less then stellar review, but many of items you mentioned are factually not correct. So even though you might not be happy about features not available on your plan, there's no reason to not tell the truth about the platform. I'll provide a detailed overview here on all points in hopes it helps.
1. TrustSpot has been around for over 5 years and services more then 22,000 global brands. The majority of these brands are eCommerce based and find value in Google Shopping, Inline SEO and Rich Snippets driving the majority of their traffic. These are the areas we focus on. We do not focus on CR's, which are generally for service based businesses.
You can use Google Customer Reviews (free) to achieve CRs, without having to pay services for them. We've always made brands aware of this.
2. Not true, as indicated above. We provide star ratings in 3 areas really, Google Shopping PLA & Rich Snippets (2 major CTR drivers for eCommerce brands), in addition to an optional company page to help drive SEO rankings. The page can be disabled, but most clients tend to utilize it.
3. Google recommends to use LD-JSON since that's the latest / recommended version, which TrustSpot does utilize. If your site already has rich snippets it can conflict (Google doesn't like to see dupes on the page), thus we recommend to use TrustSpots.
If you prefer to not use TrustSpot's, you can simply disable them under: PR > General Settings > Disable rich snippets.
4. Not true, our Enterprise $399 Plan has this feature. Your plan (Premium $149) does not have Custom Sender Domain feature. Just because the plan you're paying for doesn't have it, doesn't mean the actual platform is missing it.
5. Correct, the role of the Product Review widget is to display reviews for your products on the product template. This is true for any review services, not just TrustSpot. If you wish a particular product page to NOT show the widget, you can blacklist this from under: PR > Products.
This feature takes about 15 seconds to enable since it's a simple checkbox.
6. Not true, as indicated above. Syndication is a feature on our Enterprise $399 Plan, and you were paying for the Premium $149 plan. If your plan was upgraded, you would have access to this feature. Again, just because a feature doesn't exist on your paid plan, doesn't mean it isn't available for other clients on higher plans.
7. I suppose the 30+ live chat conversations, and email chains from your team to our team are fake as well over the course of 1 year are a clear indication of "lack of support"? Happy to provide screenshots of all conversations to you anytime you request them.
You spent considerable time receiving care from Hannah, Beth, Kelly, Bonnie and Larry. Larry was helpful with your rich snippet questions.
It hurts me personally as a company owner, that you would mention this given all the time our team has invested in helping you.
I wish you the best of luck in your venture.