Disable Right Click w/ Vault

Disable Right Click w/ Vault

by Electric Apps

#1 AntiTheft Protection App. Protect your Images, Text & Code!

Drip4Men™

I really enjoyed this app since early 2019 with no issues until about one month ago when I was unable to check my site speed due to a javascript debugging error. I thought it was another app installed about the same time as when the issue started, but their tech team checked said it was caused by an app called Vault and then sent a copy of the code. I deleted Vault, but the issue still remained. Being concerned about any code left in my back end, I contacted Vault and Anthony assured me that it wasn't their app, but another app. He removed the remaining bits of the Vault code (and I also allowed him to remove the bit of code left over from the 'other app', as I had deleted it weeks previously), and that instantly solved the error so I was very happy all was working fine again. I wanted to give Vault another try so the next day I reinstalled the app and instantly the debugging and javascript error came back, affecting my site speed. I contacted 2 tech experts and after inspecting, asked if I had any app that provided site protection to which I said "yes". Both told me that it was an app called Vault, and provided me a copy of the line of code and said this was the cause of the javascript debugging error and that I needed to delete it. I immediately deleted the app and everything is working fine again. Fortunately the code Anthony removed had to be manually added again after reinstallation and I hadn't done that yet. This app worked perfectly for a year without any issues so I assume there must have been changes made recently to cause this issue. I sent an email to Anthony yesterday to update him on what happened, but over 24hrs later I've received no response at all. This app could have caused Google to penalize my site as it causes poor user experience. Many thanks to Shopify for their support in helping me get to the bottom of this issue in helping to reach out to Anthony and hopefully Vault will amend their code to fix this issue.

May 6, 2021

I can assure you this is not the result of Vault.

When I accessed your site, my team did not remove any Vault code as there was no Vault code, to begin with. It is impossible for Vault to have interfered with the loading speed as by default it is loaded after the site has loaded unless you install it as a script tag on your own (which you had not done). I simply commented out a script from another application ironically called "page-speed-boost-optimizer.js" that was causing the error.

Additionally, even if there were any problems in the Javascript console, this does not interfere with your site loading speed in the slightest.
We have worked with several thousand merchants already and have never experienced these issues. With that being said, I would be happy to attempt to assist you again. I could even reinstall Vault for you and ensure that it is working correctly.

I am unsure what the exact issue is here, however, I do not that it is not a result of our application.

I have also sent you an email reply.

Best,
Electric Apps

CLUB VIP France | Boutique Officielle.

Je confirme l'avis de la précédente critique à 1 étoile.
Il est certain que cette application vous crééra des bugs. En tout cas il y a un probleme de compatibilité avec mon tel. Lorsque je désactive l'application, bon score Google Page Speed. Lorsque j'active l'application Google Page Speed ne peut plus calculer la vitesse de mon site. Et effectivement, le site est lent, les photos se chargent mal. L'éditeur DOIT revoir son code au lieu de répondre qu'il pense que ca ne vient pas de lui. Si, ca vient de lui et il n'en a pas conscience, c'est bien cela le plus grave.

November 17, 2020

Hey,

I am sorry to hear about your circumstance. Since Vault's release, we have consistently updated the servers to make them as efficient as possible. This has allowed us to reach an average load time of 50ms for the first request and nearly instant time for subsequent requests. Please note, after the first request, the scripts should be cached on your browser and not interfere with your page loading in ANY way. Additionally, by default, Vault is installed as non-blocking. This means that it will load AFTER the page load unless you have changed this.

If you would discuss the subject further, I would be happy to have our development team personally review your site for optimizations (completely free) and figure out what is going on.

I've attached my email below and I look forward to hearing from you.
anthony@electricapps.net

Electric Apps

-- TRANSLATED --
Hey,

Je suis désolé d'apprendre votre situation. Depuis la sortie de Vault, nous avons constamment mis à jour les serveurs pour les rendre aussi efficaces que possible. Cela nous a permis d'atteindre un temps de chargement moyen de 50 ms pour la première requête et un temps quasi instantané pour les requêtes suivantes. Veuillez noter qu'après la première demande, les scripts doivent être mis en cache sur votre navigateur et ne pas interférer de quelque manière que ce soit avec le chargement de votre page. De plus, par défaut, Vault est installé comme non bloquant. Cela signifie qu'il se chargera APRÈS le chargement de la page, sauf si vous avez changé cela.

Si vous souhaitez discuter davantage du sujet, je serais heureux que notre équipe de développement examine personnellement votre site pour des optimisations (entièrement gratuites) et comprenne ce qui se passe.

J'ai joint mon e-mail ci-dessous et j'ai hâte de vous entendre.
anthony@electricapps.net

Merci,
Applications électriques

Gulf South Salon Services

I was using this app and i have many issues with my store, now I can't see some products in my store, no body provide help to fix this, everything was working fine until I was using this app

April 27, 2020

Hey Gulf South Salon Services Team,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble, however, I do not believe that Vault is the culprit. Vault's scripts are strictly preventative of certain behavior that could lead to content effect while not taking away from the user experience.

Nonetheless, I understand that this is troubling and I would be happy to help you find the real culprit and resolve the issue.

I have sent you an email.