Disable Right Click w/ Vault

Rating (4.7)
Developer
4.7
October 14, 2022

You can't turn off dev tool blocking function and it blocks lighthouse which is for website speed test. There is no response for technical support request and according to Shopify, "regardless if the app developers contact method was allowing emails to go through or not, fully free apps are not required to provide support for their app."

Latiste Wholesale
Time spent using app: About 1 year
May 5, 2022

After disabling this app it's still is blocking right click and text highlight. This is stopping me from using tools for research by highlighting the photos. I can't find any code left behind, so I have no clue if this is a permanent problem now.

GemInescence
Time spent using app: 4 days
January 3, 2022

We have tried to get in contact with customer service for month now without any luck.. The app doesn't work any more and we have sent tickets and emails to support@electricapps.net but no answer. So unfortunately only one star until problem is solved. support@electricapps.net Linda
Fest4all.dk

Fest4all.dk
Denmark
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Electric Apps replied January 5, 2022

Hey Linda,

I apologize for the late reply. Your email did not appear in our main inbox for whatever reason. I've now whitelisted your email and emailed you back from my personal account.

I'd love to fix the issue.

anthony@electricapps.net

November 12, 2021

This app worked great at disabling right click on images and text but when I needed to enable images to be saved, the app did not work. I even tried disabling the master switch and that didn't work. So I deleted the app and the site was still not allowing anything to be saved. So, I found the script in the theme.liquid and deleted it. Still does not allow me to right click to save images or text, though text is now saveable if a keyboard shortcut is used. I'm having to hire a developer to fix the issue. This app is free because it doesn't work well. Don't get it.

527 Photo
Time spent using app: 3 months
Electric Apps replied November 15, 2021

Hey 527 Photo Team,

I am sorry to hear this. The development team just reviewed your site and discovered that Vault is not causing this issue, but, instead, a custom-installed script. I just emailed you a detailed report and how you can fix the issue.

If you could please reconsider this review, we would really appreciate it. We work very hard to make sure our software works as well as possible.

anthony@electricapps.net

Edited May 6, 2021

I really enjoyed this app since early 2019 with no issues until about one month ago when I was unable to check my site speed due to a javascript debugging error. I thought it was another app installed about the same time as when the issue started, but their tech team checked said it was caused by an app called Vault and then sent a copy of the code. I deleted Vault, but the issue still remained. Being concerned about any code left in my back end, I contacted Vault and Anthony assured me that it wasn't their app, but another app. He removed the remaining bits of the Vault code (and I also allowed him to remove the bit of code left over from the 'other app', as I had deleted it weeks previously), and that instantly solved the error so I was very happy all was working fine again. I wanted to give Vault another try so the next day I reinstalled the app and instantly the debugging and javascript error came back, affecting my site speed. I contacted 2 tech experts and after inspecting, asked if I had any app that provided site protection to which I said "yes". Both told me that it was an app called Vault, and provided me a copy of the line of code and said this was the cause of the javascript debugging error and that I needed to delete it. I immediately deleted the app and everything is working fine again. Fortunately the code Anthony removed had to be manually added again after reinstallation and I hadn't done that yet. This app worked perfectly for a year without any issues so I assume there must have been changes made recently to cause this issue. I sent an email to Anthony yesterday to update him on what happened, but over 24hrs later I've received no response at all. This app could have caused Google to penalize my site as it causes poor user experience. Many thanks to Shopify for their support in helping me get to the bottom of this issue in helping to reach out to Anthony and hopefully Vault will amend their code to fix this issue.

Drip4Men™
United Arab Emirates
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Electric Apps replied May 6, 2021

I can assure you this is not the result of Vault.

When I accessed your site, my team did not remove any Vault code as there was no Vault code, to begin with. It is impossible for Vault to have interfered with the loading speed as by default it is loaded after the site has loaded unless you install it as a script tag on your own (which you had not done). I simply commented out a script from another application ironically called "page-speed-boost-optimizer.js" that was causing the error.

Additionally, even if there were any problems in the Javascript console, this does not interfere with your site loading speed in the slightest.
We have worked with several thousand merchants already and have never experienced these issues. With that being said, I would be happy to attempt to assist you again. I could even reinstall Vault for you and ensure that it is working correctly.

I am unsure what the exact issue is here, however, I do not that it is not a result of our application.

I have also sent you an email reply.

Best,