Advanced Shipping Rules

Advanced Shipping Rules

From $9/month. 7-day free trial.
Rating (4.8)
Developer
Bambri
4.8
October 27, 2021

This app is easy to use, their help is great.
The app is set up for categories for shipping and does shipping charges stacking.
So if more than one category is purchased by the customer then they are charged for each shipping category. This makes a huge bill for shipping that is not needed to consolidate the actual items to be shipped. Therefore a lot of high refunds are required to make the shipping charges correct. We do not get back the fees on the refunds. Overall this is way too costly to pay a Monthly premium and give away the fees that are included for the initial shipping that we do not get back when we refund to the customer.

Happy Glass Art Supply
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Edited September 20, 2021

Terrible support. They literally ignores my messages!
Spending hours trying to set it up and the support is so slow when they do answer, mostly bots answers and no live chat. The app is buggy I guess those positive reviews are either paid, or for a simple policy changes. I tried applying different costs for different products. the app cant do that.

99Jersey
Time spent using app: 4 months
Bambri replied August 17, 2021

I looked up your correspondence. I can see why you thought our human support was a bot and complicated. 1) We do send an autoresponder to every email with some information on how to make the correspondence go faster. 2) You emailed at 6:00am EST, and got a reply at noon EST, which is 6 hours. It was on a Monday which is our busiest day. 3) The email reply we sent took a best guess at what your requirements were and offered a solution, I don't think we got it right, we could have asked for more clarity on what you were trying to achieve. I can see how this would come across to you as a bot.

Then I see you didn't reply to that email, having given up with the impression that our customer support wasn't worth the follow up email. I sent you an email just now asking for more clarity on your original email. We are still here to help!

June 10, 2021

Looks like an awesome app... clean. BUT.... You have to manually select products to add them into 'product groups'. This isn't ideal when you have a lot of products. You can't automate this process by choosing type, collections, or tags. That's unfortunate. For stores with a few products, this may be ideal.

Guardian Baseball
Time spent using app: About 3 hours
March 5, 2021

I have two locations (US and overseas). I installed this app to use blended rates with subtitles to clarify each product's shipping time when the customer purchases products from different locations. It took me a long time and a lot of trial and error to configure. When everything was set up, the app's blended rates did not show any subtitles. I reached out to support - to my surprise, here was the response: "When there are multiple locations in an order, Shopify is responsible for blending the rates, and the blended rates from the app will not be shown... if the subtitles don't match, they will just omit a subtitle." I might be crazy, but blended rates are clearly advertised in the app's captures and description. To make it work, they asked me to eliminate inventory tracking in multiple locations, which I cannot do for obvious reasons. All in all, this was a tremendous waste of time and a frustrating process. I had to change tons of things in the backend that I will need to redo now. They should not advertise things the app cannot overcome.

Paint by Numbers
Spain
Bambri replied March 6, 2021

This is valuable feedback. We will be adding text to the app page with a warning that:

The blended rates functionality within the app will only work for groups of products that belong to the same shipping profile and same shipping location in Shopify.

If products belong to different shipping profiles or different locations, the blended rate functionality of the app will not work for those products.

I hope new merchants will discover that new text, and also discover this review of yours and the response.

Thanks again for the feedback. We are sorry for your wasted time, and hope your effort to point this out saves other merchants for wasting their time too.

August 7, 2020

Useless. Errors out constantly, nomatter if you reinstall or what browser using, don't waste your time.

Result Based Training