Videos to delight customers
Create a visual experience beyond the traditional websites with fancy video backgrounds and other videos that will surprise your visitors
Ready to go in a minute
Just as simple as choosing any YouTube video and where you want it. Put it in your image slider or slideshow to make a nice video gallery
Easy video configuration
One-click install. No template or code modification required at all. A visual UI and several video player options make it very easy
About Video Background
Supercharge your storefront with Videos
The latest fashion in web design is now available for Shopify! Enhance your site showing all types of videos. It's as simple as:
- Choosing any public YouTube video or one of our preselected videos
- Chossing if you want the video to be displayed full page, or responsively, or as the background of some particular section
Installation could not be easier. It's a one-click process with no coding required. Configuration is done through a visual assistant and our team is always ready to help with the configuration.
- Choose how the video will be displayed: as a full page video, as a responsive content video, as the video background of some section, as a video replacement of some element in your page.
- Choose the pages where you want to have video backgrounds. You can also display videos on your 404 Not Found page
- Choose optional padding around the video
- Configure a transparency to make the effect nicer
- You can also mute the audio. Please note that only muted videos will auto-play on the latest versions of Chrome or iOS devices
- Display a nice play / pause icon at the bottom left of the video player
- Display a nice mute / sound icon at the bottom left of the video player
- Configure if you want to display the video on mobile browsers or not
All configuration options can be set individually for each video.
Some notes on video autoplaying
All modern browsers will autoplay videos as long as they are muted.
However, browsers have different policies on autoplaying videos with sound. Particularly:
- Chrome will only autoplay videos with sound after the following user interactions: mouse move, mouse click, page scrolling, typing or mobile screen touching. Additionaly, on mobile, Chrome may not play the video automatically if the 'Data saver' option is on.
- Firefox will autoplay videos with sound in all cases
- Safari will only autoplay videos with sound after the following user interactions: mouse click, typing or mobile screen touching
- Edge will autoplay videos with sound in all cases
In order to have the most consistent experience on all browsers, our app will start video playing with no sound and, depending on the browser, will enable sound if possible (normally after a user interaction).
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 30-day free trial
Flat monthly rate. No hidden fees
Swift, efficient, knowledgeable support
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
This app is wonderful and has the absolute best customer service team! They checked my store without me even having to ask, to make sure the app was working well and notified me when they thought an issue had arised, come to find out there was no issue after all. The fact that they took the time to make sure everything was functioning properly on my website and notified me when they thought there was an issue and offered to help me, speaks volumes about them! I highly recommend this app to anyone who is looking to have their store stand out from the rest and values awesome customer service!
I coudn't display the video correctly on my site. Team was very quick to reply and efficient! I recommend!
The app works well and does what it says. It is not immediately obvious how to set it up in some instances, but the support is excellent and they actually do it all for you quickly if you have a problem- and once you see exactly how they set it up, it is easy to do the same in other sections.
The reason for not giving it 5 stars is that it only works with Youtube, and in order to block the Youtube logo and controls the video starts with the top and bottom blacked out for the first 1-2 seconds, in a gradient that you can modify or remove altogether- but then you have the Youtube logo and controls showing. The developers explained that the reason for using Youtube is that it is the only platform that streams the video; if you upload it to Shopify for example, users have to download the entire video before it starts playing, therefore slowing down the shop performance. However, I would prefer the option to upload to Shopify instead of using Youtube, as I can compress a video quite well and internet speeds are generally fast these days. Perhaps if the app auto-detected internet speed and showed images instead of video if the internet speed is slow it would be ideal, but probably too much to ask for!