Video to delight customers
Create a visual experience beyond the traditional websites with fancy video backgrounds and other videos that will surprise your visitors
Ready to go in a minute
Just as simple as choosing any YouTube video and where you want it. Put it in your image slider or slideshow to make a nice video gallery
Easy video configuration
One-click install. No template or code modification required at all. A visual UI and several video player options make it very easy
About Video Background
Supercharge your storefront with Videos
The latest fashion in web design is now available for Shopify! Enhance your site showing all types of videos. It's as simple as:
- Choosing any public YouTube video or one of our preselected videos
- Chossing if you want the video to be displayed full page, or responsively, or as the background of some particular section
Installation could not be easier. It's a one-click process with no coding required. Configuration is done through a visual assistant and our team is always ready to help with the configuration.
- Choose how the video will be displayed: as a full page video, as a responsive content video, as the video background of some section, as a video replacement of some element in your page.
- Choose the pages where you want to have video backgrounds. You can also display videos on your 404 Not Found page
- Choose optional padding around the video
- Configure a transparency to make the effect nicer
- You can also mute the audio. Please note that only muted videos will auto-play on the latest versions of Chrome or iOS devices
- Display a nice play / pause icon at the bottom left of the video player
- Display a nice mute / sound icon at the bottom left of the video player
- Configure if you want to display the video on mobile browsers or not
All configuration options can be set individually for each video.
Some notes on video autoplaying
All modern browsers will autoplay videos as long as they are muted.
However, browsers have different policies on autoplaying videos with sound. Particularly:
- Chrome will only autoplay videos with sound after the following user interactions: mouse move, mouse click, page scrolling, typing or mobile screen touching. Additionaly, on mobile, Chrome may not play the video automatically if the 'Data saver' option is on.
- Firefox will autoplay videos with sound in all cases
- Safari will only autoplay videos with sound after the following user interactions: mouse click, typing or mobile screen touching
- Edge will autoplay videos with sound in all cases
In order to have the most consistent experience on all browsers, our app will start video playing with no sound and, depending on the browser, will enable sound if possible (normally after a user interaction).
About Code Black Belt, the developers of Video Background
We are a mid-size company exclusively focused on Shopify App Development since 2014. We created some of the top apps on the Shopify App Store. Our values are great user experience, high quality code and exceptional support.
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 30-day free trial
Flat monthly rate. No hidden fees
Swift, efficient, knowledgeable support
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 112 reviews
Most recent reviews
I use this to cleanly embed video content into product pages. It's works very well. I loop the video so no ads happen at the end and it loads quickly and looks just right. I make a space on my product page and then target the youtube video to insert on that segment in the app.
excelent thanks i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee de apaaaaaaaa
I AM REALLY DISAPOINTED WITH THE STAFF. THEIR VIDEO STOPPED WORKING ON MOBILE 2 DAYS AFTER I PURCHASED IT AND NO ONE IS RESPONDING TO ME TO FIX IT. LOOK FOR ANOTHER APP
This customer contacted us saying that the video was not working on mobile. We replied quickly to him showing the video working good on mobile (proof can be seen at https://youtu.be/mY1T-7wB-e0) and asking which mobile device he was using but he got angry and uninstalled the app and wrote this negative review. Then installed the app for a minute in another store just to write another negative review.
When he contacted us we tested their store on multiple Android and iOS devices and found no issue. We replied quickly to their message.