ViralSweep

ViralSweep

by ViralSweep

Run Sweepstakes, Contests, Giveaways, Competitions, Referrals

Shop Nixxle

I am giving 2 stars not because it's a bad app, but because the price / feature structure is pretty crazy. The app really is only useful at the $399 per month level. If you don't pay that you are very limited in features... no hashtag contest, no custom editing options, no analytics, etc, etc. So if you have a huge store and $399 a month to you is nothing, then it's probably worth trying out. But if your store can only justify the $49 or $79 level then there just aren't enough features to make this app worthwhile. For less money you can get more features from other apps and services.

March 2, 2019

Our lowest plan is $49 a month, with no contracts, no restrictions on the number of campaigns you can run, or the number of entries you can have. It also includes access to every app we offer, as well as over 20+ integrations. Similar services charge for the number of pageviews you get, the number of entries you collect, or the number of campaigns you can run, while ViralSweep only charges a flat fee and with no limits. Our next tier up is $199/mo, with offers the majority of our features. We only recommend the $399/mo plan for agencies and larger brands, and you absolutely do not need to be on that plan to receive benefits from the platform. We hope to have you try us out again in the future and offer live chat and email support for any questions you may have.

Catherine Trenton Jewellery

Wonderfully smooth and easy to use app. I was very impressed with this app and the customer support is lightening fast. The result for us was impressive. We grew our existing mail list by 977 emails and in the follow up email after the competition to this list we sold out of the item we had given away. We do believe you need to pick and choose when you do a giveaway, however if you choose to do a giveaway this is the best way to do it, with a wonderful landing page to obtain email addresses.

Bakers And Cake Makers

While an interesting idea, you better plan on paying the $49.99 to even really test it. You cannot access 1/3 of the items supposedly available to you on the free test AND you cannot collect more than 8 emails (or even see more than 8 results). My point was to test and see if there was the legitimacy of using something like this instead of just an email opt-in page. Well, I have no idea because I can only see 7 unique (1 is my initial test to make sure everything was working) emails and what they did. I will most likely pay the first $49.99 to collect data, but then I'm going back to the simple email opt-in. I can actually control my flow better since sending traffic each day to the same page is kind of a waste.

On that note, several people in the 7 have enough entries to suggest they have visited the page I included (and tested). Yet, Shopify does not show anyone visiting those pages. So- either your program is wrong or somehow it is blocking the real viewer numbers. This is problematic if I choose to use retargeting. I have no idea if these people are really visiting the page or not. While you have a feature to send people to a page after opt-in, this also removes the ability for people to enter daily by clicking on the indicated page.

Again, this suggests more control with an email opt-in page since I can just redirect people on the Thank-you page. I will have much better odds those people actually made it to that page as well (and then I can retarget them).

May 2, 2019

Hi there, I would like to address a few of your concerns (which I sent to you via email as soon as you left this review).

The free trial gives you access to all features on your plan you chose, except for full access to entries (you have access to 10 total during the trial) and email integrations (these break when/if the trial converts and stops sending data). This is shown right on the free trial signup, so you know of these restrictions before signing up.

Any other features that are locked just mean they are not on the plan you chose, and you would need to upgrade to that plan in the free trial to access them. You can switch plans in the trial period without being charged.

You also said: "AND you cannot collect more than 8 emails (or even see more than 8 results). My point was to test and see if there was the legitimacy of using something like this instead of just an email opt-in page. Well, I have no idea because I can only see 7 unique (1 is my initial test to make sure everything was working) emails and what they did."

You can see the first 10 in your trial. You can also delete any of your test entries so you see 10 real entries.

You can also see the data submitted for each user (click the + icon next to their email address under the entrants tab).

You can also see the actions each user completed (hover over the # of entries they have under the entrants tab and click view).

You also said: "The app also claims that it cannot see if people like your FB page, and a few other things now- so if the purpose is to help build up your FB page...you better get creative (while that was not my purpose, this was one of the main features touted about in some of the information I found- so I was disappointed to see that the feature no longer worked regardless of the reason.)"

We offer a Facebook visit feature, in order to comply with Facebook's platform policy. We do not allow "likes" on pages, because that would open our customers up to being banned from Facebook for violating their platform policies, which changed back in 2016. We are always up-to-date with each social networks platform policy in order to protect our customers from doing anything that would get their pages banned.

You also said: "For the record, the request to contact the app developer before leaving a negative review is crap. If I'm not happy with the app, that's the review I give. I'm not going to contact you about the inconsistencies with your free trial offer and reality. That isn't something you can fix overnight, and I'm guessing I'm not the first person to point out some of these issues."

Our app has never, ever, asked anyone to contact us before leaving a review. In fact, we do not even have a message in our app asking people to leave us a review on shopify, so I do not know where you saw this.

Matterhorn Outdoors

Had some minor problems, but support was very helpful. I love the referral features and setup within the site. I hope I can get some results now!

Perfecteprints

Super easy app to use! Used it on my store www.perfecteprints.nl

Darbyscott 2

The team is very responsive and the system works well. They are actively making continuous improvements based on users requests and their own goals. Over all great customer support. We are seeing very good response to our sweepstakes campaign and plan to continue to use this app to build brand awareness and reach new customers. WE used one before and this is light years ahead!

Lovely Clothing Company

Too expensive. Not built for small stores.

March 2, 2019

Our lowest plan is $49 a month, with no contracts, no restrictions on the number of campaigns you can run, or the number of entries you can have. It also includes access to every app we offer, as well as over 20+ integrations. Similar services charge for the number of pageviews you get, the number of entries you collect, or the number of campaigns you can run, while ViralSweep only charges a flat fee and with no limits. We hope to have you try us out again in the future and offer live chat and email support for any questions you may have.

Satisfye

Absolutely essential app for list building with a ridiculously easy user interface and rock star customer service. Seriously this app is critical to growth and the customer service is outstanding.

Fatstonefarm

Wow! It was probably unthinkable a few years ago that small e-commerce companies like ours could manage multiple sweepstakes and attract thousands of entrants. But platforms like ViralSweep have made it possible AND practical. After reviewing several sweeps platforms we choose ViralSweep for its comprehensive functionality, ease of use and responsive support. And during the last six months of running several successful sweeps ViralSweep has exceeded those initial expectations by leaps and bounds. We can't say enough about the benefits VS offers and its exceptional support. Amazing!!! Well done!! AND THANK YOU!

Clubfitwear

This is one of the best platforms to grow across the board! Huge Growth to my email, facebook and other social profiles using a monthly giveaway. We have even now started doing a weekly giveaway that we hope to compound the growth! Support is awesome when you have a question or need assistance!