VolumeBoost ‑ Volume Discount

VolumeBoost ‑ Volume Discount

From $7.90/month. 7-day free trial.
Rating (4.6)
Developer
HulkApps.com
4.6
October 30, 2022

Would not recommend. it creates a draft order for checkout but customers get an error saying 'this invoice is not ready yet' right after they press 'Checkout'. This is an extremely important part of the checkout process and Hulkapps destroys the user experience. Support acts like everything is installed correctly which is incredibly frustrating. I'm moving on.

Quality Glass Engraving
Time spent using app: 20 days
HulkApps.com replied November 1, 2022

We really apologize for the inconvenience.

We are already in touch with Shopify regarding the issue reported since it does not cause due to our app. We will keep you posted.

Edited August 1, 2022

Update: Here's the response (escalated to their growth manager) after the app caused major problems with the theme, apps and entire site. They haven't responded for a week (after ~10 reply attempts, and a new support ticket). *** Hulk Apps Response: "Hi (name), I hope you are doing well. I'm the Growth Manager at HulkApps. I'm here to assist you. FIRST OF ALL, I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience that you have been facing with our application. Can you please re-install the app in your store again and provide me a chance to help you with our app? I promise that I won't be taking much of your time and will manage all the coding-related implementations for our app in the theme that you will specify and will make sure that everything is working perfectly. Once we are ready with the solution, we can jump on a call so that we can share our screens to make sure we are on the same page and there won't be any back and forth. And as compensation for all the trouble you had with our app, we would like to offer our Volume Boost app free of charge for your store. Please let me if you have any questions or concerns. I'll always be here for your help. Have a nice day ahead!" *** (Again, they haven't responded for a week after I've replied about numerous times. I even created a new support ticket for some type of response.) *** Review: The app suddenly stopped working. The discount was on the cart, then disappeared on checkout. I spent hours dealing with the issue with support. They said it was fixed - I had to revert to an older theme. That still caused the same problem. I had to confirm on many platforms that it still didn't work. They didn't believe me, and asked for collaborator access again. Do not use. It'll mess up the code on your entire site theme, and the support will not help. Even with collaborator access, the issue wasn't fixed after they said it was. Switching to another app. Bad coding. Poor integration. *** • False promises.
• Terrible customer service (and this issue escalated to their growth manager). • Do not use.

How to Operate Your Home
Time spent using app: About 2 years
HulkApps.com replied July 28, 2022

Hi there,

We really apologize for all the inconvenience that you have been facing with our application.

Please install the App back to your store and allow us the chance to resolve your all concerns.

July 6, 2022

Tried to reach out multiple times for help regarding an issue with no answer from the support team or chat. Glitches often and removes the discounts from certain products on my store resulting in customers calling questioning it.

Heavy Duty Tire
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
HulkApps.com replied July 12, 2022

Hi there,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please allow us a chance to assist you with your concerns to the soonest. We have emailed you please connect with us so we can help you to get it checked and resolved.

March 23, 2022

Don't normally write bad reviews but this app is awful. Getting all kinds of errors in my website even after uninstallation. Stay far away from this.

anacondafightwear
Time spent using app: 4 days
HulkApps.com replied March 25, 2022

Hi there!
Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback.
We are sorry our app did not meet your expectations.
Our manager has contacted you in hopes of amending any issues you were having.

Edited March 25, 2022

I reached out to ask if this app would work for what I need in my shop, and was told by support that, yes it would. Got the trial, and after setting everything up and taking about an hour to troubleshoot. It didn't work. Contacted support again and was told no it wouldn't work for what I needed. Don't waste people's time. And now I'm getting numerous emails about my ticket being open, then a reminder that it would close, and now that they've been closed. Now I see in other reviews that people are finding this app's code leftover, so now I have to waste time removing all that. I get that this won't work for everything, but please tell people that if they ask and provide details. It seemed like the first support person was flippant and just said "yeah that's what we do, it works" - but didn't read my details. Edit: Please stop sending me emails - I'm done with this app- It's spam at this point. I know you reached out but it's not worth the struggle because I don't trust that it's going to work.

Merik
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
HulkApps.com replied March 24, 2022

Hi there!
Thank you for leaving us your feedback.
We are truly sorry your experience with our app and support was unsatisfactory.
Our manager contacted you in hopes to resolve the issue you were having.