Create WeChat Mini Programs
Showcase your brand and products through customized apps within the WeChat platform.
Receive Payments from China
Customers can pay in Chinese Yuan, and you’ll receive payment in your local currency.
Manage WeChat from Shopify
Orders, products and inventory will be synced in real-time with WeChat.
Über WalktheChat WeChat Connector
WalktheChat WeChat Connector
WeChat is the largest social network in China with over 1.2 billion users. WeChat enables merchants to create customized Mini Programs to showcase their brand expression and products in a unique way. This WeChat connector app will allow you to create Mini Programs and manage your WeChat business in Shopify. Your orders, products and inventory will be synced in real-time with WeChat, and you’ll be paid in your local currency.
- Create WeChat Mini Programs
- Get paid in your local currency
- Log-in to WeChat through Shopify
- Collect WeChat customer addresses
- Sync orders, products and inventory instantly
- Get access to special features such as Flash Sales
Set-up steps and pricing
WalktheChat will provide support to merchants during the set-up process:
- Onboarding fee: $5,000 USD to set-up your store and connect it to payment and WeChat accounts
- Creating a WeChat Official account: a one-time fee of $1,000 USD and a yearly fee of $500 USD to verify your merchant account (includes a $99 USD fee paid directly to WeChat)
- Creating a WeChat Mini Program account: Free of charge
- Creating a WeChat Cross-Border Payment account: WeChat will charge a ~2% commission fee for currency conversion & payments (the exact commission will depend on business location and order volume)
Which merchants are most successful using the WeChat sales channel?
- High-demand industries & products: fashion, cosmetics, jewelry, handbags, shoes, watches
- Mentions on social channels: brands with mentions on Chinese social channels such as WeChat, Weibo, Red or marketplaces such as Taobao are much more likely to be successful on WeChat
- Unauthorized industries: the following industries are not authorized to use the sales channel: supplements, healthcare, non-physical goods (virtual goods, services, etc.), multi-brand websites without official reseller agreements, any activities illegal in China (gambling, pornography, etc.)
One-time fee of $6,000 (includes $99 paid to WeChat) to verify your merchant account. WeChat charges a ~2% commission.
* Alle Gebühren werden in USD berechnet. Wiederkehrende Gebühren, einschließlich monatlicher oder nutzungsabhängiger Gebühren, werden alle 30 Tage in Rechnung gestellt.
Walk The Chat helped our brand launch onto WeChat in China. The team are super helpful and very organised. Their connecter works very well - everything syncs and works smoothly. We look forward to a long partnership with them.
We used WalktheChat's WeChat store in order to create the online sales channel for our brand in Mainland China. The solution enabled us to make our products available to the Chinese market with minimal upfront investment. The support for WeChat Mini-programs improved the user experience for our end-users, and the synchronization with Shopify is smooth.
Antwort des Entwicklers
Thank you for your review! We're delighted we could help Polène launch on the Chinese market!
The WalktheChat Shopify integration enabled us to sell directly to Mainland China from our warehouse in Hong Kong. WalktheChat helped us set-up a WeChat Mini-program connected to our APAC Shopify store. The real-time synchronization of products and orders was a game-changer for us. We also purchased some additional services from WalktheChat to help us run our store (content, influencers, ads, etc.) Their team really understands the Chinese market, and supported our in-house e-commerce team to run profitable campaigns.
Antwort des Entwicklers
Thank you for your review! Very happy that our Shopify sales channel helped with the China launch!