Create WeChat Mini Programs
Showcase your brand and products through customized apps within the WeChat platform.
Receive Payments from China
Customers can pay in Chinese Yuan, and you’ll receive payment in your local currency.
Manage WeChat from Shopify
Orders, products and inventory will be synced in real-time with WeChat.
Om WalktheChat WeChat Connector
WalktheChat WeChat Connector
WeChat is the largest social network in China with over 1.2 billion users. WeChat enables merchants to create customized Mini Programs to showcase their brand expression and products in a unique way. This WeChat connector app will allow you to create Mini Programs and manage your WeChat business in Shopify. Your orders, products and inventory will be synced in real-time with WeChat, and you’ll be paid in your local currency.
- Create WeChat Mini Programs
- Get paid in your local currency
- Log-in to WeChat through Shopify
- Collect WeChat customer addresses
- Sync orders, products and inventory instantly
- Get access to special features such as Flash Sales
Set-up steps and pricing
WalktheChat will provide support to merchants during the set-up process:
- Onboarding fee: $5,000 USD to set-up your store and connect it to payment and WeChat accounts
- Creating a WeChat Official account: a one-time fee of $1,000 USD and a yearly fee of $500 USD to verify your merchant account (includes a $99 USD fee paid directly to WeChat)
- Creating a WeChat Mini Program account: Free of charge
- Creating a WeChat Cross-Border Payment account: WeChat will charge a ~2% commission fee for currency conversion & payments (the exact commission will depend on business location and order volume)
Which merchants are most successful using the WeChat sales channel?
- High-demand industries & products: fashion, cosmetics, jewelry, handbags, shoes, watches
- Mentions on social channels: brands with mentions on Chinese social channels such as WeChat, Weibo, Red or marketplaces such as Taobao are much more likely to be successful on WeChat
- Unauthorized industries: the following industries are not authorized to use the sales channel: supplements, healthcare, non-physical goods (virtual goods, services, etc.), multi-brand websites without official reseller agreements, any activities illegal in China (gambling, pornography, etc.)
One-time fee of $6,000 (includes $99 paid to WeChat) to verify your merchant account. WeChat charges a ~2% commission.
* Alla avgifter debiteras i USD. Återkommande avgifter, inklusive månads- eller användningsbaserade avgifter, debiteras var 30:e dag.
De senaste recensionerna
Walk The Chat helped us launch our brand on Wechat China last year. The team was most helpful in the set up our Wechat store and the connector app is useful to integrate to our Shopify Store. This makes it much easier to check on orders and manage inventory.
The Walk The Chat team has been very helpful and responsive and helped our brand launch in China. The connector has been easy to use, though we look forward to the improvements for sales reporting so that our Shopify $ reporting matches the WeChat RMB reporting.
Walk The Chat helped our brand launch onto WeChat in China. The team are super helpful and very organised. Their connecter works very well - everything syncs and works smoothly. We look forward to a long partnership with them.