Walmart Marketplace

Walmart Marketplace

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (2.7)
Developer
2.7
August 14, 2020

**BEWARE** Barely functions and will put your account at risk for errors. Passes back incorrect data on shipped orders, doesn't receive all orders each time and doesn't always receive tracking info back.

Managing the catalog via the app is impossible. Only one SKU is published but doesn't appear in the app to adjust. Can't publish others because they are not visible in the list to publish.

UMZU
Time spent using app: 3 months
August 6, 2020

The easiest way to add products to Walmart. We had an existing Walmart Seller Account so made it easy for us to add, delete, price and fulfill orders.

Nayked Apparel
Time spent using app: About 24 hours
Edited August 6, 2020

I guess for the first attempt it is not bad after getting past the initial problems of the app abending every time you tried to publish products.

I have some products with size variants but the app refuses to allow me to specify the size variant. It is frustrating for the customer to see the same product displayed over and over but cannot see the size variations so they have know idea why they all have different pricing. I can change the description to reflect the size for each variation using the Walmart Marketplace app as a work around but it gets undone as soon as the product gets republished. Support tells me its my fault but I do not know how to fix it.

I find it extremely scary that there is no view as to the pricing history changes and by whom.

I submitted a ticket to find out why sales tax was not collected for CA, NY, NJ, SC but it was for Texas and the ticket disappeared with no response.

Their price box is too restrictive. COGS+Shipping costs have netted a loss for me so far on all items shipped thus far. I sent my inventory to their Deliverr warehouses with the hopes of netting a profit soon.

I find bulleted lists within the product description cumbersome on the Walmart end.

KVM International LLC
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Edited March 28, 2021

Very begging I was dissatisfied, but then learned how to handle things. Now it is way easier setup items thru Shopify than in Walmart.com. But still needs attention, it is not getting "0" from zip codes to Shopify. - Since March 26, 2021 My orders are not importing to Shopify store from Walmart.

Gozatowels
Time spent using app: 8 months
July 30, 2020

Did developer say this app is designed for both new and EXISTING listings at Walmart? Developer, are you able to show us how to link existing Walmart listings to Shopify? Emailed Support multiple times, 0 help...

JL Prime
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Walmart replied September 11, 2020

Hello JL Prime, I see that you were able to successfully connect your existing store to the WMA sales channel. I hope you were satisfied with the resolution of your issue. Thank you.

July 28, 2020

I am using this app to upload my products to Walmart. however, I keep getting this error
"Publishing Error: Exceeded maximum allowed characters for this field"
I dont even know what this means and what I am supposed to fix.
I tried getting technical support. They had no idea what they were talking about.
Its frustrating

Big Mike's Electronics
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Walmart replied July 28, 2020

Hello Big Mikes Electronics.

What you are dealing with is an error where you are trying to push a field from Shopify to the Walmart Marketplace where and you are over our character limit. Typically, we see this error with descriptions that have extensive HTLM encoding. Our limit for the descriptions field is 4000 characters. Please review what you are pushing for these fields and ensure they meet our established character limits.

We are also working on another solution where we will truncate any description, title or keywords that are over our limit to avoid these errors. More to come on that effort soon.

I hope you emailed wma_support@walmart.com with your issue. We monitor that inbox, as well as all cases related to Shopify sellers. If you need further assistance, please email and open a case. This is the best way to reach our product and engineering teams.

Thank you for your participation in the Walmart Marketplace and for using and reviewing the Walmart Marketplace App for Shopify. I hope with this information your experience improves.

July 23, 2020

This app is bad and the support is even worse. They don't even answer your actual question they just propose highly manually off topic solutions. What an epic fail for a company with this many resources. Garbage.

Uprising Food, Inc.
Time spent using app: About 1 month
July 18, 2020

I reviewed this app and gave it 1-star a week ago because it was just not possible to complete a simple registration. We just finished registration using Chrome. Firefox was not working. I remember Walmart recommended using Chrome. But I think it should work with any browser. Will update as we list our products.

Mephisto Shoes Northwest
Time spent using app: 19 days
Edited July 30, 2020

We understand that there will always be bugs in a new app and hopefully, those will be worked out soon. The biggest problem we have is not being able to edit product titles, descriptions, etc in the app so they are more suitable for Walmart's marketplace. If you change anything in Walmart's seller central it just reverts back to what is on the Shopify store. Even changes to Walmart specific options are not saved. This makes it impossible to optimize listings.

Update: Walmart reached out and let us know they are working on several fixes/enhancements to the app.

Elgin® USA
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Edited July 15, 2020

I used this app to get my products connected with Walmart.com when it first appeared in the app store. The app works wonderful.

The Entrepreneur Game by EESpeaks