Walmart Marketplace

Walmart Marketplace

by Walmart

Sell on Walmart.com directly from your store.

colornoir

OMG. This is the hottest of messes. So I started to upload products on Walmart after HOURS of working on an excel sheet after speaking to one of their reps on the phone multiple times. Was getting multiple errors, finally went "Live" and then all my products appeared on the Walmart tab on Shopify. WHAT!?!?!? Why did I go through hell with that Excel sheet just so things could appear on Shopify AFTER I went live (you have to upload your inventory on Walmart to go live). Hours wasted. Then nothing is appearing live on Walmart, after I press to go live and nothing appears live on Shopify. I publish on item on Shopify to Amazon where it is asking for things I already entered and nothing is happening. Nothing is live. This is the HOTTEST OF MESSES- Walmart, don't quit your day job.

June 19, 2020

Hello, Colornoir. Thanks for the review. It looks like we had some miscommunications between your onboarding preference, and whether you were going to integrate via this application or use Seller Center directly. I am sorry that happened, but it looks like you were successful in taking your offers live. Congratulations, we are happy to have you join our marketplace. For any outstanding issues, please do not hesitate to open a seller support case. We are happy to help. Here is a link to some support materials for maximizing your efforts with the Walmart Marketplace Application, which also shows you how to open that support case. https://sellerhelp.walmart.com/s/article-search?search=Shopify

Charmed Creations LLC

Seriously? We have to have 25 of each item available to add product to Walmart? Why are inventory controls not in place? Sell one on walmart = automatic adjustment to stock on shopify. I carry a lot of stock but 25 of EVERYTHING? I've had my walmart shop for several years and could add just one if I wanted which could still result in an oversell if that is the only one I have and if its listed on other venues. I see the response to my review and have a suggestion....perhaps its possible to work with shopify to allow sellers to split their inventory to different venues that are linked....X to ebay, X to amazon, X to shopify, X to walmart. I work very closely with my vendors and distributors and if necessary, can get more product overnighted. Additionally, shopify owners set their handling times so if I sell completely out of a product on walmart, I will ship those walmart orders while the website orders take a few extra days to process while inventory is restocked. You are asking for a lot, unless you want drop shippers. Most of us are working from our home and 25 of all items is a very very high expectation for most. I sell jewelry, teeny tiny items so I have room but what about everyone else? Its frustrating when venues limit seller potential. I understand buyer expectation. I've been a full time power seller on ebay for 12 years with 100% feedback and 60k orders processed on that venue alone.

June 19, 2020

Hi Charmed Creations LLC. Thanks for taking the time to review the Walmart Marketplace Application. Please understand that currently this inventory floor is in place to ensure that you do not oversell during any gap in the inventory sync, which happens every 6 minutes. An oversell would cause a negative experience for our shared customers and we want to avoid this when possible. We plan to review these limits regularly and will communicate any updates to all WMA users

acumendisc

This app doesn't connect to existing account. It only works IF you want to start up a "NEW" Walmart marketplace account. Even with that, good luck at getting to work because it still doesn't connect to an existing account. That is the weird part about this app, it just doesn't work!

Hello, acumendisc.

Please create a seller support case and we can work through these connectivity issues together. This app was designed for both new and existing sellers to connect to their Shopify store.

This link will take you to Walmart Marketplace, Shopify support materials and also links to our “Get Support” wizard. https://sellerhelp.walmart.com/s/article-search?search=Shopify

Thanks very much!

SamiraBoutique

I sent a message and having received any response back, the app have no settings there is no way to set the app up, I have products on Walmart using a solution provider so I just wanted to connect those products with the app but I don’t see that option or any option for that matter.

Hello SamiraBoutique –
Thank you very much for your interest in joining our marketplace, and for the app review.

I am unsure of what you mean by, “sent a message.” Please create a seller support case and our agents can address this issue with you directly.

Thanks very much!

MaxxmAlarm

Doesn't work., the connection never connects and when it does it's only briefly and then disconnects again. Nobody responds from customer service and Shopify says they can't help with anything. Error: {"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}

Hi MaxxmAlarm,

We had a very large surge in applications which led to some connectivity issues, which have all been addressed. Can you please retry to connect the application to your storefront? It is possible that you will have to delete the app and then re-install. If you open a case with our seller support, an agent will be able to assist you directly with this issue.

Silipac

It doesn't work. Install it a week ago and still Can not log in, try it later . Is anyone using this app ?

June 19, 2020

Hi Silipac, this application was released to the public on 6/15/2020. I think there might be some confusion on what app you are referring to.

We are thrilled that you want to join our marketplace. Thanks for the review. If you find that you were meaning to review a different application, please let us know.

Bulk-Grocer

As per everything concerning Walmart's ecommerce, it's complete trash and doesn't work. I do not know who Walmart is choosing to be in charge of all of their ecommerce efforts, but they have failed in every regard.

The app connects to the account, but fails to import any products from both your Walmart account and from your Shopify catalog. You can't view any products and you can't sync anything. An absolutely useless solution.

Furthermore, their app information states something along the lines of "must have 25 qty of each item in your inventory." Walmart, if I wanted to invest 25 units of something to your system, it better be worth my time. Again, not once has any efforts to engage with Walmart.com been worth my time.

Your time should continue to be spent on Amazon and other, actually functional platforms.

EDIT: For those of you looking to move into Walmart's ecommerce sphere, the support link for Shopify takes you to their internal support system. If you have any issues with account creation and the application process, they utilize this same support system. However, you can't access any of the cases you open without having an account. So if you have any issues with applying and getting an account, you will get stuck in limbo of them replying to support tickets that you cannot even access. That's just a small example of things to expect when working with Walmart.

EDIT: Funny enough, the developer responded providing the exact support information that you can't actually access, stating that you can access it. No Walmart, that does not work. This further reinforces my point that your systems are dysfunctional and you refuse to actually assume that your systems could possibly be the cause of the issues. Because 27 negative reviews with an average rating of 2.1 Stars isn't enough proof to you.

Edit 2: Attempted to get this working again. Contacted Shopify support (Note: Shopify Support has always been stellar) and they were at a loss as what to do. They can't even contact the app developer directly like all other apps. Walmart has it set up so that even Shopify has to use Walmart's case log system.

The app fails to connect your products most of the time, is completely broken for variations, shoots back errors after submitting, submits incorrect information, doesn't connect shipping costs, etc. If you manage to actually get a product connected over, your item will be mispriced as their is no way to set shipping. Furthermore, if you override the price or qty on Walmart, it will continually override changes. So, if your item does not have free shipping, you will never be able to correctly setup Walmart's integration with that item. It will always incorrectly price it.

June 22, 2020

Thanks for the thoughtful review.
Our support system does accept requests from merchants who do not have established Walmart Marketplace access. https://sellerhelp.walmart.com/s/contact > Password or Other Access Issue. This issue wizard will help you to identify your issue, create the support case, and provide a response email for correspondence. If you are still interested in joining our marketplace, please create a case and we will do our best to support your efforts.
The app will not connect to a Shopify store that does not have Walmart marketplace access.
The 25 item limit is in place to protect against oversells while we sync inventories between the two marketplaces. This limit is reviewed regularly. You don’t need to assign 25 units to our marketplace, we would just help you sell any items that have 26 + availability.

Underkut

Nothing but issues and error codes like everyone else has mentioned. I contacted this company Pelican Commerce who was able to pass validation and error codes in a fraction of the time.

June 22, 2020

Thanks for the review. The errors you most likely ran into were related to issues stemming from application spikes on launch day. These issues have all been resolved. If you still are having issues, please open a support case.

Haussmann Inc

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 15: String not started expecting ' or "
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

June 22, 2020

Thank you for the review. These errors have all been addressed. If you are still having issues, please open a support case. We are here to help.

Germ Shark

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 15: String not started expecting ' or "
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.