Walmart Marketplace

Walmart Marketplace

by Walmart

Sell on Walmart.com directly from your store.

Patch Collection

Needs shipping overwrite for "VALUE" shipping. Everything is set to free. Needs Price overwrite as well. It takes the price from our online store without letting us adjust the pricing for Walmart.

Wine Cooler Experts

We have notifications the products were uploaded but we are not able to complete the marketplace setup to get log in information.

BUYSTAFIA

Thank you Walmart for providing the app. Before I had to manually add products from the Wal Mart seller dashboard. This makes it much quicker and smoother to publish my products on the marketplace.

littilco

I'm trying to submit my application for the WalMart marketplace. Have all the fields filled out, documents uploaded, and the NEXT button wont allow me to continue. Just sat here for the last 20-30 minutes trying to re-enter fields or see if I can figure out why its not submitting. Came to see if anyone else had these issues in the reviews and looks like everyone is having these issues. When the app is fixed, let me know and I'll finish up the application process.

June 22, 2020

Hello Littilco. Thanks for the review. I had another seller with this issue today, it's related to the reCaptcha field on the application. You need to refresh the page, update the reCaptcha, and make sure that the identity verification documents stay attached. If this does not work, please open a support case and we will get you sorted out. https://sellerhelp.walmart.com/s/contact

Thank you very much for your interest in joining the Walmart Marketplace.

Protalus

I have seen a plethora of issues since the Shopify/WMA integration to the set up of the Walmart Seller Center account. Since it's a new app, I understand the bugs that come with it; however, it has been extremely challenging to update or utilize in the WMA in Shopify to make any edits since majority of the features are not available or don't work. I would recommend anyone considering to integrate this app to hold off until majority of the bugs are fixed.

1) Logging into the WMA in Shopify continuously render the following errors: {"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"} AND This page contains the following errors: error on line 1 at column 15: String not started expecting ' or " Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

These issues have seem to go away after numerous escalations.

2) Our listings in WMA show as published and our Walmart Seller Center account has the green "Active" status; however; the listings in the native Walmart platform was still in Stage status and not serving.

It took a couple of tickets to resolve.

3) The WMA bulk editor in Shopify doesn't have an empty field to enter or assign variants to each listing or multiple listings at once. Thus, the active listings don't have the appropriate drop down for patterns or sizing to choose from. They show up as unique listings which can deter prospects from converting if they cannot choose the correct pattern/size.

I attempted a bulk upload in the Walmart native platform to fix this; however, instructions for upload are not clear and my changes didn't take. I'm still awaiting response back and hope I don't have to manually update hundreds of listings individually.

4) There isn't an option in the WMA bulk editor tool to add SEO keywords. I was told by team that our listings don't appear on walmart.com b/c we don't have any keywords set up. At the moment, I'm attempting a bulk upload in the native platform.

5) The communication between a Walmart.com order > our Walmart Seller Center account > Shopify/WMA > Shipstation is a one way communication. When our shipping team shipped the product, Shopify received the tracking/fulfilled confirmation from Shipstation yet the info from Shopify doesn't pass back to our Walmart Seller Center native platform. Currently, it is manual acknowledgment of the order and you have to manually enter tracking and carrier info for the customer to receive an email that our product has shipped. We didn't know until a day later b/c the Seller Center account still shows it as an open order and not shipped when we shipped it 24 hrs ago. This is concerning and need to be fixed.

Engineering is aware of the issue and it's currently on their "fix list".

5) There are no help articles specifically for folks using this app or knowledge base to explain how to use features in the WMA. I continually pulled Walmart's help pages however they didn't help me with making bulk edits in the app. They are working on this.

A few of the above issues are still continued issues. I thought that having a centralized management system will make everything streamlined and easy to track orders and sales revenue between platforms and make bulk edits in the app without going to the native platform for updates, but it definitely hasn't been a pleasant experience. I would recommend waiting for bugs to be fixed before jumping in as it has taken me 2 months to deal with.

The only positive thing was Fa from the Walmart Product Team was a joy to work with.

June 19, 2020

Thank you, Protalus, for the thoughtful review of the application. We are committed to improving your experience. As one of our original beta sellers your feedback was and will continue to be necessary in this process. We will reach out to you directly to address these concerns.

colornoir

OMG. This is the hottest of messes. So I started to upload products on Walmart after HOURS of working on an excel sheet after speaking to one of their reps on the phone multiple times. Was getting multiple errors, finally went "Live" and then all my products appeared on the Walmart tab on Shopify. WHAT!?!?!? Why did I go through hell with that Excel sheet just so things could appear on Shopify AFTER I went live (you have to upload your inventory on Walmart to go live). Hours wasted. Then nothing is appearing live on Walmart, after I press to go live and nothing appears live on Shopify. I publish on item on Shopify to Amazon where it is asking for things I already entered and nothing is happening. Nothing is live. This is the HOTTEST OF MESSES- Walmart, don't quit your day job.

June 19, 2020

Hello, Colornoir. Thanks for the review. It looks like we had some miscommunications between your onboarding preference, and whether you were going to integrate via this application or use Seller Center directly. I am sorry that happened, but it looks like you were successful in taking your offers live. Congratulations, we are happy to have you join our marketplace. For any outstanding issues, please do not hesitate to open a seller support case. We are happy to help. Here is a link to some support materials for maximizing your efforts with the Walmart Marketplace Application, which also shows you how to open that support case. https://sellerhelp.walmart.com/s/article-search?search=Shopify

Charmed Creations LLC

Seriously? We have to have 25 of each item available to add product to Walmart? Why are inventory controls not in place? Sell one on walmart = automatic adjustment to stock on shopify. I carry a lot of stock but 25 of EVERYTHING? I've had my walmart shop for several years and could add just one if I wanted which could still result in an oversell if that is the only one I have and if its listed on other venues. I see the response to my review and have a suggestion....perhaps its possible to work with shopify to allow sellers to split their inventory to different venues that are linked....X to ebay, X to amazon, X to shopify, X to walmart. I work very closely with my vendors and distributors and if necessary, can get more product overnighted. Additionally, shopify owners set their handling times so if I sell completely out of a product on walmart, I will ship those walmart orders while the website orders take a few extra days to process while inventory is restocked. You are asking for a lot, unless you want drop shippers. Most of us are working from our home and 25 of all items is a very very high expectation for most. I sell jewelry, teeny tiny items so I have room but what about everyone else? Its frustrating when venues limit seller potential. I understand buyer expectation. I've been a full time power seller on ebay for 12 years with 100% feedback and 60k orders processed on that venue alone.

June 19, 2020

Hi Charmed Creations LLC. Thanks for taking the time to review the Walmart Marketplace Application. Please understand that currently this inventory floor is in place to ensure that you do not oversell during any gap in the inventory sync, which happens every 6 minutes. An oversell would cause a negative experience for our shared customers and we want to avoid this when possible. We plan to review these limits regularly and will communicate any updates to all WMA users

acumendisc

This app doesn't connect to existing account. It only works IF you want to start up a "NEW" Walmart marketplace account. Even with that, good luck at getting to work because it still doesn't connect to an existing account. That is the weird part about this app, it just doesn't work!

Hello, acumendisc.

Please create a seller support case and we can work through these connectivity issues together. This app was designed for both new and existing sellers to connect to their Shopify store.

This link will take you to Walmart Marketplace, Shopify support materials and also links to our “Get Support” wizard. https://sellerhelp.walmart.com/s/article-search?search=Shopify

Thanks very much!

SamiraBoutique

I sent a message and having received any response back, the app have no settings there is no way to set the app up, I have products on Walmart using a solution provider so I just wanted to connect those products with the app but I don’t see that option or any option for that matter.

Hello SamiraBoutique –
Thank you very much for your interest in joining our marketplace, and for the app review.

I am unsure of what you mean by, “sent a message.” Please create a seller support case and our agents can address this issue with you directly.

Thanks very much!

MaxxmAlarm

Doesn't work., the connection never connects and when it does it's only briefly and then disconnects again. Nobody responds from customer service and Shopify says they can't help with anything. Error: {"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}

Hi MaxxmAlarm,

We had a very large surge in applications which led to some connectivity issues, which have all been addressed. Can you please retry to connect the application to your storefront? It is possible that you will have to delete the app and then re-install. If you open a case with our seller support, an agent will be able to assist you directly with this issue.