Translate Your Store ‑ Weglot

Translate Your Store ‑ Weglot

by Weglot

Translate your store into multiple languages.

pata paw

I am copy-pasting a response by Customer Service that should save you from installing this app: "We are open Monday - Friday 9 am to 6 pm (Paris Time).
Please avoid sending a follow-up email until you have heard from us as this will push your request to the back of our queue." So now I am left for one weekend with a store (in the translated languages) that has a glitch that makes the prices disappear! Other than that, the app is user-friendly but gets translations wrong for super basic things like for standard pages titled "About" and "Home"... in common languages as German and French!

October 18, 2021

Hi PATA PAW,

We are sorry to see you had issues with Weglot. We like to provide our users with top-level support and therefore choose to not outsource our team. This is why we are not available on weekends :(. We sent you an email to see how we can further help out!

Best,
The Weglot Team

Aurora & Co. US

A nightmare. I am very happy I could finally leave weglot, don't do the same mistake. This app costs a fortune and there is always a new problem. Each email of your customers (and other details) will count as new words, and then your word count will increase and you will have to pay more. They will even put all the translations offline if you go over the "translation requests" by month. That's by far the worst app I used with my Shopify store. The value for money is terrible, check other solutions you will pay less to have a better service (no word limit and more languages). CIAO WEGLOT

Korilane

The app caused a bug whereby clients were not able to add to cart their products. Every time a customer selected a product to the cart, it said the cart is EMPTY. The support team was hard to reach, arrogant and took weeks to fix it and did not FIX a thing. Had to DELETE the app. BEWARE!

October 12, 2021

Hello,
We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with Weglot. After taking a look at your email interaction with the support team, they went above and beyond in trying to find a solution and help you. We tend to respond within 1 business day which is quite quick for a support inquiry. In terms of fixing the issue, it is easy to assume a developer can create a fix quickly but unfortunately, fixes require extensive time and research. We also refunded you the last two months you paid. Was there something else we missed?

Aurora & Co.

Use this app only if you have no choice. It's overpriced and the support is really not helpful. Not recommended at all

Tiralento

Weglot Cons, found with my experience:
- for 3 languages ​​with url slug you need the advanced plan and the cost is $ 2,400 / year (higher price than the competition)
- payment only by credit card, paypal or other services are not accepted
- unmanageable language change customization (does not work on mobile, impossible to change the structure, but only part of the CSS can be changed)
- dynamic content not translated correctly (if you have an infinite scroll it won't work for you)
- really bad language rendering times
- in the cost of translations they also charge the internal pages of shopify, such as cart, account, etc .. it seems that the locales used by shopify are not taken into consideration and recommend deleting them
- completely wrong translations (API service mandatory and useless if it doesn't translate correctly)
- unable to delete the css provided (the language switch stops working)
- performance dropped from 60 points to 48 points after installing and configuring this app (very little optimization)
- contents translated only and exclusively through ajax from the html code
- to translate invoices or other things in the store you need to install external apps recommended by them which significantly increase the monthly costs

Sultan Tea

They offered me a demo call to begin with and on the demo call i had some tecnical questions they coulnt answer. The lady said she is happy to schedule another call if i needed one. Once they signed me up to the trial they have not responded to my request for another call so i decided i want to remove their app

CastedTreasures™

Wayyyyyyy overpriced. They made an app to bank on you forgetting to cancel. Yearly plans only so they can hit you for more. Very disgusting model.

mademyself.fr

We would give it negative stars if we could. Not only did it fail to translate all the words. But each time we went on the website, it would automatically translate words even though we switched it off. Furthermore they automatically switch off your translations without ANY WARNING. No emails, no notifications. This completely BOTCHED OUR LAUNCH. Very unprofessional and I would report them to Shopify if there was such an option. We lost around 100 visitors in few seconds because the website was in another language. Do not use this APP if you want something stable. @Weglot I would strongly recommend that you are more transparent with your users. If you had been we would have stuck around even with the bugs Edit: The response from Weglot is that we didn't contact support. When you are on launch day and the app screws up your translation and you lose 100 visitors because of language issues you don't contact support, you delete the app. Also the response from Weglot is untrue, we received no emails, no notifications and the upgrade page did not show billing plan for monthly.

February 19, 2021

Hello,

We are sorry you had such a bad experience with Weglot but as we have mentioned in the email addressed to you:
1. You had 4 messages sent to you warning you you were at the end of your free trial 48 in advance.
2. You mentioned you couldn't pay yearly but if you look at your billing page, the option is there.
3. You were on a free trial. We specify this is for 10 days and after it changes to a free plan. This has nothing to do with the app's functionality.
4. Is there a reason you did not contact support if you had an issue? We are always here to help.
5. We are always transparent and happy to chat with our users if they have any questions.

Happy to send you the screenshots of the emails again.

Lastly, all users can see the monthly/yearly pricing choice if they head over to https://dashboard.weglot.com/billing/upgrade.

Feel free to email us at support@weglot.com with any other questions /concerns.

We wish you the best!

Mozato

I would have loved to rate it 5 stars but I have 2 problems with Weglot. First, is that it doesn't translate everything on my site no matter how much I tried to meddle with it.
The second thing is, that I sent a couple of emails to support requesting help with the above problem I mentioned and I have never got even one response from support.

OCNI Factory

20 bucks a month for that is pure scam. The app is full of bugs, it changes things you already corrected, the glossary isn't working properly. I've spent a lot of time of my translation due to this bad app and I'm not even done. And, there are also some pages that are only partly translated. This is such a useless mess!

September 29, 2020

Hello,

As a reputable company with over 50k users, we place zero interest in trying to scam any of our users. We would be happy to help you out as I see you had not reached out to support concerning any of your issues. To date, we do not have any bugs present, Weglot does not change things you have corrected so I would be happy to explain how it works.

We do have to mention that writing us messages like: "tell the sales b*** that wrote me on Facebook about my review that she'd better go to hell!" is not constructive at all for us to help you. We just want other users to see that although we wished to help you, you continued to insult us.

Best of luck and we hope everything works out for you.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6