Translate Your Store ‑ Weglot

Translate your store into multiple languages.

Free plan available. 10-day free trial. External charges may apply.

mundogafas.es

Location Spain
Time spent using app About 6 hours

App is not compatible with native functions of the Split theme and the support team luckily responds with a message every few hours to ask for more explanation then do nothing about it. After 6 hours of trying to integrate the native language selector of the theme with this app i keep asking the support for a refund to be able to use a better app and i have no answers. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! ANY OTHER APP CAN GIVE THE SAME FUNCTIONS AT LESS TROUBLE!

July 12, 2022

HI,

We are so sorry to see you had all the struggles but after a quick review, I can see our team continued to respond to you with no answer. We sent a total of 4 responses in one day hoping to get this resolved but there was no reply from you. You were also refunded.

We wish you the best!
THE WEGLOT TEAM

Arteflame

Time spent using app Over 1 year

The automatic translations often don’t make any sense. The words are translated but you will have to go over the translations to make sure they are correct. Once you have done all this, weglot will continuously over write all your hard work over and over again with the translation that makes no sense. There is no way to stop this from happening. I DO NOT recommend this app because of that.

July 12, 2022

Hi Arteflame,

We’re sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with Weglot and will take your feedback into consideration as we move forward in our work. Keep in mind, Changing the original content of your website can also impact your Translation List.

As Weglot is creating new translations each time you change the original content of your website, the previous translations will also be found in your list but the new generated translation will take priority is showing on your site.

Important:
If you have previously manually edited a translation and an edit has been done to the original content, you will not lose this manual translation but the new automatic translation generated by Weglot will display instead of the manual one as the content has changed. If you wish to keep the previous manual translation, you will be able to find it in your translations list, copy and paste it into the newly created translation.

We hope this helps you better understand how Weglot works :)

All the best!
THE WEGLOT TEAM

mfa

Location Germany
Time spent using app About 2 months

Extremely disappointed. SEO translations work bad, Media translations do not work at all. So at first everything looks kinda OK. But when you deep into it, you realize how bad the whole situation is. First -- SEO translation. You can translate meta tags, but it is really hard to find them in the list, and when you try to go page by page, it simply does not work. If your website has more than 10 pages, you will struggle. Next. This app advertises it has a media translation function. While I can confirm there is a button for this, I cannot confirm this function works. In my case it simply does not do anything. After 2 weeks of endless talks with support, I received a message that the issue is too complex for them to solve and that is because of the Shopify theme. I mean...well...why there is nothing written about it? Like "Function X works only with themes X, Y and Z". And the support reps aren't exactly the fastest in terms of responsiveness and helpfulness. Decide on your own, in my case this app was a waste of money and an extreme waste of time.

Carnes Campoverde

Location Spain

I do not recommend the use of this app. It has misconfigured the details of the products and now the invoices do not come out right and the support has been unable to solve it. Pretty bad support.

Tiralento

Location Italy

Weglot Cons, found with my experience:
- for 3 languages ​​with url slug you need the advanced plan and the cost is $ 2,400 / year (higher price than the competition)
- payment only by credit card, paypal or other services are not accepted
- unmanageable language change customization (does not work on mobile, impossible to change the structure, but only part of the CSS can be changed)
- dynamic content not translated correctly (if you have an infinite scroll it won't work for you)
- really bad language rendering times
- in the cost of translations they also charge the internal pages of shopify, such as cart, account, etc .. it seems that the locales used by shopify are not taken into consideration and recommend deleting them
- completely wrong translations (API service mandatory and useless if it doesn't translate correctly)
- unable to delete the css provided (the language switch stops working)
- performance dropped from 60 points to 48 points after installing and configuring this app (very little optimization)
- contents translated only and exclusively through ajax from the html code
- to translate invoices or other things in the store you need to install external apps recommended by them which significantly increase the monthly costs

Silkypel

Location Jordan
Time spent using app About 1 year

I have used Weglot for more than a year now, and I decide to switch a couple of weeks ago, because I realized that Weglot is stalling me more than doing any good. The app has many limitations. Weglot does NOT work on top of Shopify Languages, meaning it does not support the multi-language feature Shopify released back in Dec. 2019... So, lots of dynamic content of your store will not be translated and will remain in the default language, including product names and shipping methods that appear in the email notifications. Translations will fluctuate, and some terms will also go missing. Furthermore, their support team told me to use their dynamic translations tool, but it really does not work well. Weglot pricing method is also very expensive compared to other applications. I would advise anyone considering to sell in multiple languages to check out other applications, before rushing into using this app. You will find much better solutions for much better deals too.

Sultan Tea

They offered me a demo call to begin with and on the demo call i had some tecnical questions they coulnt answer. The lady said she is happy to schedule another call if i needed one. Once they signed me up to the trial they have not responded to my request for another call so i decided i want to remove their app

mademyself.fr

Location France

We would give it negative stars if we could. Not only did it fail to translate all the words. But each time we went on the website, it would automatically translate words even though we switched it off. Furthermore they automatically switch off your translations without ANY WARNING. No emails, no notifications. This completely BOTCHED OUR LAUNCH. Very unprofessional and I would report them to Shopify if there was such an option. We lost around 100 visitors in few seconds because the website was in another language. Do not use this APP if you want something stable. @Weglot I would strongly recommend that you are more transparent with your users. If you had been we would have stuck around even with the bugs Edit: The response from Weglot is that we didn't contact support. When you are on launch day and the app screws up your translation and you lose 100 visitors because of language issues you don't contact support, you delete the app. Also the response from Weglot is untrue, we received no emails, no notifications and the upgrade page did not show billing plan for monthly.

February 19, 2021

Hello,

We are sorry you had such a bad experience with Weglot but as we have mentioned in the email addressed to you:
1. You had 4 messages sent to you warning you you were at the end of your free trial 48 in advance.
2. You mentioned you couldn't pay yearly but if you look at your billing page, the option is there.
3. You were on a free trial. We specify this is for 10 days and after it changes to a free plan. This has nothing to do with the app's functionality.
4. Is there a reason you did not contact support if you had an issue? We are always here to help.
5. We are always transparent and happy to chat with our users if they have any questions.

Happy to send you the screenshots of the emails again.

Lastly, all users can see the monthly/yearly pricing choice if they head over to https://dashboard.weglot.com/billing/upgrade.

Feel free to email us at support@weglot.com with any other questions /concerns.

We wish you the best!

OCNI Factory

Location France

20 bucks a month for that is pure scam. The app is full of bugs, it changes things you already corrected, the glossary isn't working properly. I've spent a lot of time of my translation due to this bad app and I'm not even done. And, there are also some pages that are only partly translated. This is such a useless mess!

September 29, 2020

Hello,

As a reputable company with over 50k users, we place zero interest in trying to scam any of our users. We would be happy to help you out as I see you had not reached out to support concerning any of your issues. To date, we do not have any bugs present, Weglot does not change things you have corrected so I would be happy to explain how it works.

We do have to mention that writing us messages like: "tell the sales b*** that wrote me on Facebook about my review that she'd better go to hell!" is not constructive at all for us to help you. We just want other users to see that although we wished to help you, you continued to insult us.

Best of luck and we hope everything works out for you.

Lamps4makeup

Location Estonia
Time spent using app About 1 year

Very bad experience and many problems from weglot app.
Very disappointed.

It's many other good multilingual apps you can use.

Previous 1 3