Whiplash Fulfillment

Whiplash Fulfillment

by Whiplash

Modern e-commerce fulfillment, built to scale.

Sneakgallery.com

If you have a lot of extra time on your hands to constantly fuss and argue with your fulfillment center CHOOSE WHIPLASH. If you like cancelling orders because your fulfillment center doesn't unbox your stock and process it for a week at a time CHOOSE WHIPLASH. If you like dealing with attitudes from rude customer service CHOOSE WHIPLASH. If you like paying extra because your fulfillment center decides they want you to pay for their credit card processing fees CHOOSE WHIPLASH. If you want to run a successful business DO NOT, I REPEAT...DO NOT CHOOSE WHIPLASH. Move forward at your own risk. Imagine spending the first 2 hours of your work day fighting with the warehouse when you could be trying to focus on marketing or planning new products. We've been a customer of theirs for 3 years and we've literally watched the service go down the drain. If you sign up prepare to hear a lot of excuses.

Update: Literally 30 minutes after leaving the above review, my service with Whiplash was abruptly terminated. It turns out that not only do they not ship orders out on time but they also can not take criticism from a customer. This company is a complete joke. It needs new customer service and new management.

Update #2: So after terminating our service because we left a negative review Whiplash has now told us that we can not discard any goods and we must pay pick/pack fees and shipping fees to ship every item that we had in stock back to us. Also, Whiplash deleted our online account with them so all of our data on which customers returned items, requested returns, return date, etc. is basically gone or we're not allowed to see it. Imagine getting into a disagreement with your younger sibling as a kid and expecting them to be reasonable. Yep, that's how it is working with this company. Childish, petty, and vindictive.

Steezyco

We're no longer selling and shipping custom merch, and the process to cancel and get our remaining inventory back has been terrible.

Originally we'd be getting charged over $300 to pull our remaining inventory, and I just want to drive over and pick it up. Not even get it shipped back to us.

Waiting over 2 weeks for it to get resolved.

Stratia

Steer very, very clear of this fulfillment service. I used them for two weeks, and they've already cost me countless revenue in broken products and lost customers.

I started using Whiplash right before a sale. The sale was a huge success, and I sold out of almost everything. Then I noticed that there were about 25 open orders in Shopify that weren't imported into Whiplash. These orders were sprinkled randomly throughout the sale, and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to them.

Turns out, because Whiplash controls inventory (they track it and push it live to Shopify) and Whiplash didn't sync those 25 orders correctly, I oversold product by quite a bit and had to then go to my customers and let them know they'd bought a product I said was in stock but was actually sold out.

As if that wasn't bad enough, shortly after the sale, I started getting emails from customers with pictures of their packages. I sell skincare products, so they are mostly small, delicate bottles - these photos were of large cardboard boxes with the products, a packing slip, and literally nothing else. No padding, no peanuts, nothing.

I of course immediately took these concerns to their customer service. They didn't respond to my concerns for a full day, at which point I decided to cut my losses and let them know I'd be leaving Whiplash. What followed was the most bizarre customer service experience I've ever had.

The customer service manager told me that I had changed the settings in Shopify and that's why the orders didn't sync (first of all, I didn't change any settings, but even if I had, it wouldn't account for this specific issue). She said my customers were lying when they sent me photos of their boxes (oh, wait, she was sure to clarify that she wasn't calling them liars, just that Whiplash would never have packed a box like that so they must have forged the photos, which is different than calling them liars, somehow). She refused to even cover shipping to get what little product I had left back from the warehouse.

I'm a small, new business, and I can't take too many setbacks like that. It was a very expensive lesson in making sure I research and vet any potential business partners. Learn from my mistake and stay as far away from this company as you can.