Wholesale Gorilla

Wholesale Gorilla

by Wholesale Gorilla

Simple and powerful wholesale functionality for your shop.

TAUKO

Easy to set up with great instructions. It took a little bit of time to understand all the differences between retail and wholesale and get into the logic of the app with the product tags.

Soaplicity

I used this wholesale app first, then when I redid our website I tried out two other highly ranked wholesale apps, but came back to this one. Here is what I love about this app:

1. It has a line sheet that my wholesale customers can easily order/reorder from. None of the others have that.
2. It isn't cumbersome and doesn't mess with my website code. Does exactly what it says it is going to do and nothing more.
3. IT WORKS WITH SHOPIFY CALCULATED SHIPPING!! This was a must for me as one of the others did not. I can set a $65 free shipping for my retail cusomters and override it in WG for my wholesale customers at $400. And, it makes sure I am not overcharging my customers on shipping, which I love.
4. It gives me everything is has at one price instead of nickle-and-diming me. Also a very generous trial period so I have adequate time to play with it before paying. The others only left me a day or so by the time they had it installed (installation was part of the trial period).

What I don't like is that it needs to be prettier. It does not look as good, or fit as well asthetically, on my website as the other two apps I tried and you cannot easily change the appearance of the landing pages/forms. I want to be able to scale the side columns on the line sheet so the collections listed didn't wrap to the next line, and to be able to change the font and the way the notifications appeared on the link pages. I have a guy who can code so I am going to have him do those changes for me so it goes better with my website. If I didn't it would have been a more difficult decision for me between the apps.

Genex Formulas

What it can do and what it can not.

What it is good at:
Easy to install

Creating discount codes is a snap.

Support emails are answered in an acceptable amount of time.

Using the app within the Shopify store is seamless and, for the most part, quite easy.

Shipping options are a nice touch.

What it is not.
No Retail pricing is visible once logged in.
All pricing across the entire platform is changed with no option at all to show what the retail pricing is. So basically, the wholesale customer has no idea how much they are saving. This, of course, always prompts many emails from customers asking why all the pricing is not discounted or asking if we have a retail sheet to send them, which is what we ended up doing. It is either that or telling them to log out of their account so they can see the retail pricing and then log back in. We have since started sending them a link to a page with the pricing. This also is not a great solution though since it is just another thing we have to keep updated and maintain.

No way to modify the wholesale submission form.
It would be nice if they allowed us to add some custom fields but unfortunately, they do not. In our case, we have specific questions we wanted to get answered to see if they were a good fit. Since this app runs through a proxy, they do not allow any control over the app. So even minor tweaking is not an option. Therefore we had to set up our own custom submission form to incorporate the fields we needed.

No export of discounts available.
If you have many different types of discounts for different customers like we do, then maintaining them becomes cumbersome. You would be best to make a spreadsheet (yet another thing to maintain) that has all of your discount codes and the amounts off etc. since there is no export option available. You would think this would have been an easy one, but after reaching out to them on this, nope. I was told this was a great idea and that they would consider it for a future update, but that was a while ago, and it is still not an option that I can see.

Poor communication with their customers.
Don't get me wrong, if you submit a request, they will contact you back in an acceptable time frame. They are polite and professional. Unfortunately, they have no communication in regards to their app. How often is this app updated? I genuinely do not know, they never say. If it is often, there is nothing I can see that is any different. I use other Shopify apps and regularly get emails from them regarding updates and new features. It would be nice if wholesale gorilla followed suit.

No ability to change anything
Aside from not being able to change the submission form, unfortunately, there is not much that can be done with this app outside of what it is. Most customizations they offer do work pretty well, but depending on your case use, you will run into issues where you would like to customize something that is just not possible. The proxy issue kicks in, taking this app down a few pegs.

Conclusion
First off, it is not my intention to say not to use Wholesale Gorilla. This is a slick little app that is quite easy to use and understand. For the most part, it is intuitive and does not have a large learning curve. Most people should be able to master it in a very short time. It has helped our company save quite a bit of time and aggregation dealing with wholesale orders. If you are a small company with light activity and a small number of products, this app could be a good fit. That said, once you start to grow, there are a few cracks that make this app start to lose its charm. Little inconveniences begin to add up and eventually force you to start asking yourself some questions. For the price of $30 per month, you are close to the cost of opening up another Shopify store, which can deal strictly with wholesale customers. This is another level of maintenance, but depending on your needs may make more sense. And while we have not tried other wholesale apps, we are looking to see if any of them may fit our needs better. In the end, this app will work fine for many, but if you are similar to us, you may want to look at a different solution, or at least know what you will be facing if you do decide to use Wholesale Gorilla. While this app might work and be a 5-star app for some, for our needs, I would rate it at a 3 1/2 star option.

February 27, 2020

Thanks so much for the thorough feedback. We want to provide our merchants with the most useful set of tools we can, so these comments are super helpful.

A number of these feature requests are actually already in the pipeline or have been recently released:

Show retail price: We released a feature to show the retail price to wholesale customers a few weeks ago as a number of merchants were interested in this feature.

Modify wholesale customer signup form: This is another top request so we definitely plan on introducing more customization options for this in the near future. If you have any specific requests feel free to email our support address so we can keep them in mind as we build this out.

CSV import/export: Apologies if you are not happy with the release timeline for this feature. When it comes to development work we have to juggle a long list of required and requested updates, and some things have to take priority depending on overall customer needs and volume of requests. This is fairly high on the list though, so we'll be sure to include it in a future release.

Customer communication: We usually post messages and news on the homepage of the app itself, but since merchants might not open it on a regular basis once they have everything set up, better communication via email is a great idea.

Thanks again for taking the time to give your feedback. These are just as helpful to us as for potential customers of the app. We are always looking to make things better and are excited for the updates we have planed for 2020.

curatedtiger

Tried so many apps before finding Wholesale Gorilla. Customer support is great and so is the app. Highly recommend

Slice Engineering

I used this app to help me set up a wholesale store on my Shopify account. They are a great company and have great customer service!

Blazedmade

I installed this app, i didn’t use it, and then was continually charged after I deleted it from my account. I want my money back. This is not acceptable. Looks like I’m not the only person this has happened to.

December 16, 2019

Hello! Shopify handles all billing for any apps listed on the app store, so as soon as you uninstall an app Shopify automatically cancels the billing.

We would be happy to approve a refund for any portion of our app's subscription you didn't realize you were paying for or that may have been billed in error. We reached out to you via email, so let us know and we would be happy to take care of that asap.

An unfortunate feature of Shopify is that if you uninstall a day or two after a new billing cycle starts you will still be charged that month's full subscription fee. We have requested that they start prorating these charges but in the meantime we can issue a refund for unused days

Sorry for any confusion there. You can read more about how Shopify handles billing for apps here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/apps#subscriptions

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!
-Matt and the Wholesale Gorilla Team

Wildbloomfriends

I got the best support I could wish for and I am very happy for this. I firstly was very frustrated because I could not find out of what I needed, but the support was very friendly and prompt. Thank you!

December 9, 2019

Sorry for any confusion there. Shopify handles all billing for any apps listed on the app store, so as soon as you uninstall an app Shopify automatically cancels billing for the app.

We would be happy to approve a refund for any portion of the app subscription you didn't realize you were paying for. You can initiate the process by emailing Shopify support and they can take things from there.

An unfortunate feature of Shopify is that if you uninstall a day or two after a new billing cycle starts you will still be charged that month's full subscription fee. We have requested that they start prorating these charges but in the meantime we are can. issue a refund for unused days

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

PURI5

This app has all the functions that I needed. I didn't see one of the function i needed at first, then i uninstalled, send a couple emails with support and i get an instant respond and guide me where to get that function. Best wholesale with excellent support. GET THIS.

Maverick Coffee Co.

The team at Wholesale Gorilla have been really supportive since we started trialling this app. It was just what we needed to launch a distribution part of our business. There were a couple of tweaks we needed to make it work well with our particular shop/setup but the team at Wholesale Gorilla have been fab and helped us every step of the way. Their response time was super quick and they have helped us every time we got in contact. We have just launched it and so far so good! Can't recommend it enough if you need your website to aim at the wholesale market. Thanks Wholesale Gorilla.

AFROline shop

Excellent application with professional support. Great help in placing and handling wholesaler orders. Helps you grow your business.
The support team helps you quickly and professionally solve your unique needs. I recommend it to anyone who wants to deal with their wholesaler orders with a great application. Multi-language application. With many great features.
Thank you for helping the team with their professional attitude.