Wholesale Gorilla

Wholesale Gorilla | Reviews

by Wholesale Gorilla

Simple and powerful wholesale functionality for your shop.

Niamara

Very disappointed as I have been waiting for 3 days for the app to be uploaded and still nothing. No replies from support when I have emailed. I will probably try another app.

August 30, 2021

Hi Mahia,

I'm sorry for the frustrating experience and the delay on your install.

It looks like we originally reached out about a conflicting wholesale app that was already installed on your theme. We needed that conflicting app to be removed before we could move forward with the install.

We typically can install our app's theme code within 1 business day, but some app conflicts like other wholesale apps, can slow down the process, as we aren't able to install our app on any theme that's running other wholesale functionality. I apologize for the delay in completing your install.

If you'd still like to try out the app, we'd be happy to reset your trial and complete the install once the conflicting wholesale app is removed.

Sorry again for the miscommunication. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Best,
Matt

Ketosource

We've had this set up with our UK store for a while and it works well enough. There is some confusion we keep getting for wholesale customers because they have to use a different login url, and this has sometimes caused weird orders not attached to their wholesale accounts - and requires manually fixing with them. The reason I'm writing this review however is because of our recent experience the last month trying to get this set up in another store. We tried to get it set up the last 7 days - but there is no end in sight. This is because:
1. The install process is complicated - it shouldn't be (our theme already had it integrated, but their app keeps saying it's not installable)
2. The support doesn't respond - we've sent multiple requests.
3. The only email we received from support was to say that we just needed to uninstall and reinstall and it would work. So we did this - and it didn't. Since then they don't reply. We're looking for alternative options - you can't use apps that don't have good support - because this basically means you have no control of problems. We have wholesale customers waiting for their orders - but unless Wholesale Gorilla support starts to respond/ do something, we have been 'helpless'. Looking for alternatives to move away from this app as a consequence.

February 23, 2021

I'm very sorry for your negative experience! We try to make our install process as easy as possible, however some themes that have been customized or in this case are duplicates of a theme already running our app on another store can take more manual intervention by our team to get things up and running. We will definitely look into how we can make this process easier and less confusing in the future.

Also, I apologize for the delay in response times you experienced. We were unexpectedly short-staffed last week and in some cases we had longer response times than our usual goal of getting back to merchants within 1 business day.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or feedback please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Wholesale-sweet-mouthful-mixes

this app hasnt worked since ive had it installed, im paying £30 a month and their support have ignored my emails for months

January 29, 2021

Malik, I'm sorry you had this issue.

It looks we responded to your inquiries back on October 27th, but never heard back from you.

We've tried to contact you at the email listed on your Shopify account today, and it's saying the email is no longer active, and we don't have an alternate way to reach out to you. Can you reach out to us at support@wholesalegorilla.net?

We'd love to help get this resolved for you.
Thanks,
Matt

femalechoice.pk

It's almost impossible to unsubscribe from this app. , and they confirmed unsubscription (but suggested I hire a coder to ensure they hadn't left any code on my site). They are still taking payment 2 months...

January 25, 2021

I'm very sorry for any confusion around uninstalling our app. The only way to cancel billing for an app is to click the red 'Delete' button next to the app in your Shopify admin. We will be sure to update our help docs to make this more clear.

We will reach out to you directly to assist with the refund process and to make sure you were able to successfully uninstall. Sorry again for any confusion, let us know if we can help in any way.

Mrs Bee's Emporium

It's almost impossible to unsubscribe from this app. They insist you email them to unsubscribe, which I did, and they confirmed unsubscription (but suggested I hire a coder to ensure they hadn't left any code on my site). They are still taking payment 2 months later. Absolutely disgraceful.

November 12, 2020

I'm sorry for any confusion around the uninstall process. The only way to cancel billing for an app is to navigate to the Apps page in your Shopify admin and click 'Delete' next to the app you wish to cancel. We would never ask you to hire a developer to remove any of our code from your theme, so if you would still like assistance with this please reach out and we would be more than happy to take care of it asap.

We are happy to issue a refund for any amount you feel you were incorrectly charged for. Since our app is uninstalled we no longer have permissions to do this, but if you reach out to Shopify support requesting a refund they will initiate the process.

Sorry again for any confusion around removing the app. Please reach out if you have any questions or want us to check your theme code. Thanks!

Blazedmade

I installed this app, i didn’t use it, and then was continually charged after I deleted it from my account. I want my money back. This is not acceptable. Looks like I’m not the only person this has happened to.

December 16, 2019

Hello! Shopify handles all billing for any apps listed on the app store, so as soon as you uninstall an app Shopify automatically cancels the billing.

We would be happy to approve a refund for any portion of our app's subscription you didn't realize you were paying for or that may have been billed in error. We reached out to you via email, so let us know and we would be happy to take care of that asap.

An unfortunate feature of Shopify is that if you uninstall a day or two after a new billing cycle starts you will still be charged that month's full subscription fee. We have requested that they start prorating these charges but in the meantime we can issue a refund for unused days

Sorry for any confusion there. You can read more about how Shopify handles billing for apps here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/manage-billing/your-invoice/apps#subscriptions

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!
-Matt and the Wholesale Gorilla Team

LifeWall

Poor interface and no option to change currency. I applied discounts and they are not working. Waited 4 days to get it installed.

June 25, 2019

I'm sorry you were unhappy with your experience. Unfortunately the Shopify API we use does not support multiple currencies, but as soon as they do we will be sure to incorporate it into our app. It looks like you temporarily closed your store a day after installing at which point Shopify alerts us that your store is no longer active and we automatically remove your shop from the install list. This is a bit confusing as the app is still listed on your apps page, so apologies for any inconvenience and unintended delay in the setup process. If you decide to install in the future let us know and we are happy to give you a free month for any trouble. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

JessieAndElizabeth

I have loved this app and was so glad to find it. However, somehow, it developed a glitch. A new customer was unable to log in to my store to place an order, and she reached out to me for help. I almost lost that customer and that order. Thankfully, she worked with me.

Clementine responded within 2 days and she blamed the whole thing on Shopify stating that they had changed their code. Shopify took a look at it, told me that there were no code changes and the Shopify guru was able to duplicate the numerous problems that I had discovered and reached out to the developer for help with.

I got a response within a day from Wholesale Gorilla, but he did not address the issue. I asked for help again with the issue that I was having a problem with and waited a week with no answer. I called Shopify tech support. We did more troubleshooting and the Shopify technician agreed that there were numerous issues.

He reached out to Wholesale Gorilla on my behalf and I waited another week. So far it has been crickets. Why does a successful company burn its happy customers? I don't have time to find another app, learn it, get up to speed on it and install it. The whole thing is VERY annoying.

The following was the text of my original 5-star review.

I wish that I had found this app first. It was truly everything that I wanted and needed. I wasted time and money with another Shopify app provider who promised things to me, jacked up the price which wasn't disclosed at the time that the promises were made and (not kept), then, basically, tied my website up into a knot. This was quick, easy and intuitive. Don't bother with a mess like that. Go here first.

November 5, 2019

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I checked our records and the support request that reportedly didn't receive a response was actually responded to 10 minutes after we received it, and the email from Shopify support was responded to within 2 hours of receiving it.

I also found a support thread from March 7th in which you were having issues receiving emails from our support address, can you confirm that a similar issue didn't happen and the messages weren't sent to your spam or another folder?

Our goal is to provide the best support on the Shopify app store, so I sincerely apologize that these emails seem not to have made it into your inbox. If you do find them please let us know so we can be sure to advise future customers who might have this issue. Thanks!