Wholesale Hero ‑ Wholesale

Wholesale Hero ‑ Wholesale

by Booster Apps

Wholesale pricing done right! Custom Wholesale Pricing

Anecdote Candles

The app works great for wholesale pricing, but DO NOT use for shipping. In their beta version, they offer an option that says you can "add or subtract against regular shipping," which implies the shipping rates. But once I contacted Customer Support on a matter, I learned that because Shopify offers very little access to the cart, the workaround is to apply a discount to the cart total.

In my case, I was offering wholesale customers 50% off of my retail prices, then was trying to offer 30% off of the shipping rates. Instead, I offered 30% off of their entire order, which turned out to be a total discount of 65%. I lost a lot of money this way, and it's been a huge headache trying to resolve. It's never fun going back to customers saying you undercharged them.

Stretch It Body Jewellery

Support was ok, to begin with, but it took a week to sort out a menu issue. Support no longer email me back and I've paid for a month and had no use out of the app. I was forced to leave Wholesale Lion as they shut up shop and their app worked perfectly. The wholesale hero app also slowed down my website massively which was a deal breaker for me, 10 seconds page load time on the category pages even when you weren't signed into a wholesale account. I queried this many times and did not receive a response. Disappointed.

Yoshi Bella

Seems to work ok. I haven't got all the bugs figured out. It is pricey for a small store and it has its limitations - but maybe I haven't set it up properly.
I'm only doing this review because I have to in order to complete my setup so I can try to enable net 15 terms.
Edited to add: I have been unable to collect net terms orders since the October update. Was told it was fixed but it is still not working weeks later. Sent an email Sunday afternoon and have not heard back yet on Monday night. Looking for an alternate solution now. Kind of makes it hard to make money in a store when the customers submit an order (with no error warnings) and I never get it.
Prior to the update it seemed to be working fine.

Fair Flies

Well we tried. Support takes over a week to respond and simply changing our theme broke the whole thing. When we requested support and they finally responded they wanted us to pay an additional $35 US into a Paypal account so he could hire a developer to do the required changes. I feel that if we are paying $30 a month for SAS then we should receive the service part of the deal. The approach of using 2000 coupon codes messes with any kind of tracking for reports on our discounts and is messy. The whole thing feels like bubblegum and duct tape with some workarounds. Not what I would expect again for $30 a month. Save your money and go download Trade Orders if you offer terms or wholesale it is clean and works great.

Update: Steve kindly reached out to me and refunded our payments to them. He was professional and apologetic for some of the communications we had received. I am hopeful that this app will get to the place we can use it. His interactions made me believe someday we might return. The wholesale market place for Shopify is woefully lacking in good options. I wish Shopify would just add the required features to their platform so we can stop messing around with third party apps.

Jml Wholesale

Site advertises that you can price individual items, what is does tell you that when you do, anything over $25 gets rounded to the nearest $1 so when you customer checks out they see two different amounts. The price you loaded and a different amount in the subtotal that has been rounded. This is a major issue, imagine everyone of your customers checking out with two different totals They have said they are working on a fix but have to timeline to fix it. A short term fix would be to change the rounding point to a higher total in the thousands, but apparently this would bog down their servers. Simply put right now it does not do what it claims to unless your items are all under $25. They also have no availability for any customization options currently.