Woosh Country Redirect & Block

Woosh Country Redirect & Block | Reviews

by Electric Apps

Geolocation, IP redirect, Custom Block Notice, IP Log & more!

DearBBall™

App don't work. I can't access to the backend of the app too. So this app is useful, we can't even see the person blocked.

May 16, 2021

Hey DearBBall™ Team,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

I just checked the logs and accessed Woosh via a test store myself. Everything appears to be working fine.

I have emailed you regarding the issue. If you could provide some more information, I would be more than happy to help you fix this for you.

SCANDINORDIC.com

Absolutely brilliant and essential app. Very responsive support, open to suggestions, willing to implement some ideas we hope to try. You won'regret, it's an essential app.

October 11, 2020

Thank you!! We put a lot of time into making our apps the best they can possibly be. We appreciate you and your thoughtful review :)

Ironfibre

Simple country redirect does not work, also in country code list is Serbia and Montenegro, that are two different coutries not one, maybe that was a problem, but one shoud know this when making app!

August 23, 2020

Hey Ironfibre Team,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble. All of our countries are listed per the records provided by us by our IP Providers. If two countries are listed as the same, this means that they have the same IP Provider serving the region. Additionally, simple country redirect does work, however, this may appear to the contrary on your Shopify Analytics. This is why we implemented our own IP Log feature for you to fully see who is being blocked/redirected from your store.

If you could please let me know how you are testing country redirects, I would really appreciate it.

I will also send you an email to follow up.

Little Beauty Wines

Doesn't work. No negative rule. No support. Hopeless. 0 Stars. Appeared to allow blocked countries to access site. The best we could get from the app was a 404 error.

July 24, 2020

Hello Little Beauty Wines Team,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues, however, we did not receive any support emails or inquires from your team. A support email link is displayed by our team on every page. Additionally, Shopify Analytics may still show blocked countries present - please refer to the IP log section for accurate information.

I have sent you an email to discuss this further.

Delightful Dragon

Great app, only one in the store to have the features I want. The developers are very active and provide great support, improving the app features and listening to feedback. If you are having any issue just shoot them a message first, you'll be pleased with the results ;)

June 16, 2020

Thank you for the review. It means a lot. I appreciate the feedback because you're helping to make Woosh a better product.

Sincerely,

Buckaroo Bling

I am still on the free trial of this app, but I am not sure if I want to continue using it when the free trial is over. There are a couple issues with it that prevent me from giving it any more than 3 stars. First, during the setup process, one has to set up blocks or controls for each country and territory individually. For example, I do not ship to Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, but I have to block each individual country in those regions instead of simply blocking the whole region. That is extremely tedious. Secondly, when I look at my analytics, visits from countries I have blocked are still showing as happening. The developer explained that currently, the analytics will still show attempted visits from those regions even if the actual users in those regions have received the message that their access to my shop is blocked. This is not very helpful in determining whether those users actually got blocked or they were able to access my shop somehow. One good thing I have noticed after installing this app is that the amount of spam comments on my blog has decreased, but some of those comments still show up every few days, which again, makes me question if users from blocked countries still do somehow sneak past the block imposed by the app. All in all, it's like having to have blind faith that the app is working, which is not very helpful in business.

UPDATE 6/23/2020: Regional blocking options have now been added to the app, but the other issues mentioned in the review still remain. I will be updating the review again once all the app fixes to resolve these issues have been released.

UPDATE 7/3/2020: The IP Log is now available on the app, and I can clearly see which visitors were allowed and which ones were blocked. There are still a few that sneak through somehow, but not a very large number. Also, there are still countries that don't show up by name on the list of countries, so one needs to know their country code to be able to block them. This makes it hard for the non-techie people like me, so for now, visitors from these countries will be able to get through to my shop until the app developers add these to the country list. It looks like the app would be a great one when these last few bugs are fixed.

June 15, 2020

Hello Buckaroo Bling Team,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Unfortunately, there is no way to modify the Shopify Analytics given the Shopify API at the moment, therefore we have started working on an IP Log to track blocked/redirected customers in the future. This will allow us to provide you with the correct analytics.

Additionally, I apologize for the inconvenience when setting up regions. The original business logic was intended for specific states/countries where businesses could not ship to, however, we see that this may create inconvenience when attempting to exclude entire regions. This being taken into account, we will also be releasing this in a patch.

All in all, thank you for your suggestions. I have forwarded them all to our development team and they are actively in progress for being implemented. When they are fully implemented (most likely by the end of the week), I will personally let you know. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions until then, please email me. (I've attached my personal email below)

anthony@electricapps.net

Mintso

It does not block access to the area from the beginning, but waits until the page is loaded before blocking.

June 3, 2020

UPDATE: We implemented an instant loading script feature to help fix this.
Hey Mintso Team,

I apologize to hear you are having trouble. Naturally, Woosh uses Shopify's ScriptAPI to load our scripts after the page has loaded to prevent any loading delay for normal customers. Then it redirects unallowed users. If you would like us to make this completely pre-load for you, we could do that as well, by adding the script directly to your Shopify theme.

I will also send you an email regarding this.

Sincerely,

Open Door Christian Store

Such a perfect app. No tricks or gimmicks, just simple perfection! Highly recommend it to everyone!!

May 22, 2020

Hey Open Door Christian Store Team,

Thank you for the recommendation! We really appreciate it.

Wishing you all the best & a blessed weekend,

Coastal Sunshine Treasures LLC

Woosh is a very easy to use & intuitive app perfect for shielding your Shopify from unwanted online visitors & sales. I use it to redirect people from states within the USA that I cannot ship to & international visitors to the site as I can't do business with them. This is a great option if there are some places around the world that you choose not to do business with & this is a polite time saving way I can preserve both the time of visitors to the site & my own time. By redirecting their traffic to my Shopify it precludes them from placing orders that have to be cancelled or signing up for email lists. This streamlines my business and helps me to maintain a positive image online as I am not having to cancel orders that cannot be shipped etc.

Setting up blocks/redirects is very easy & I did it quite quickly. You don't need to know how to code. (Thank you Woosh).

Enabling Woosh to work on your site is very easy as well.

Customer service was great & promptly answered my questions about the full workings of the app.

You especially need Woosh if you sell digital content on Shopify & need to restrict sales. Shopify doesn't have a way to do that natively & Woosh is your best friend to redirect unwanted site traffic.

I highly recommend adding Woosh to your Shopify!

April 28, 2020

Dear Coastal Sunshine Treasures LLC Team,

Thank you for the stellar & thoughtful review! We appreciate you so much & it makes us happy knowing we can help your business.

If you ever need anything, please let me know.

Pines Wheatgrass

Absolutely perfect! We're able to control the traffic on our sites now which make analytics so much easier! Make sure to check out their Vault app, too! Great developer!

April 11, 2020

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate the recommendations and it brings us joy to see our software having a positive impact.

Customers like you make this all worth it.

Have a blessed weekend,