Woosh Country Redirect & Block

Woosh Country Redirect & Block | Reviews

by Electric Apps

Geolocation, IP redirect, Custom Block Notice, IP Log & more!

1 review

Buckaroo Bling

I am still on the free trial of this app, but I am not sure if I want to continue using it when the free trial is over. There are a couple issues with it that prevent me from giving it any more than 3 stars. First, during the setup process, one has to set up blocks or controls for each country and territory individually. For example, I do not ship to Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, but I have to block each individual country in those regions instead of simply blocking the whole region. That is extremely tedious. Secondly, when I look at my analytics, visits from countries I have blocked are still showing as happening. The developer explained that currently, the analytics will still show attempted visits from those regions even if the actual users in those regions have received the message that their access to my shop is blocked. This is not very helpful in determining whether those users actually got blocked or they were able to access my shop somehow. One good thing I have noticed after installing this app is that the amount of spam comments on my blog has decreased, but some of those comments still show up every few days, which again, makes me question if users from blocked countries still do somehow sneak past the block imposed by the app. All in all, it's like having to have blind faith that the app is working, which is not very helpful in business.

UPDATE 6/23/2020: Regional blocking options have now been added to the app, but the other issues mentioned in the review still remain. I will be updating the review again once all the app fixes to resolve these issues have been released.

UPDATE 7/3/2020: The IP Log is now available on the app, and I can clearly see which visitors were allowed and which ones were blocked. There are still a few that sneak through somehow, but not a very large number. Also, there are still countries that don't show up by name on the list of countries, so one needs to know their country code to be able to block them. This makes it hard for the non-techie people like me, so for now, visitors from these countries will be able to get through to my shop until the app developers add these to the country list. It looks like the app would be a great one when these last few bugs are fixed.

June 15, 2020

Hello Buckaroo Bling Team,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Unfortunately, there is no way to modify the Shopify Analytics given the Shopify API at the moment, therefore we have started working on an IP Log to track blocked/redirected customers in the future. This will allow us to provide you with the correct analytics.

Additionally, I apologize for the inconvenience when setting up regions. The original business logic was intended for specific states/countries where businesses could not ship to, however, we see that this may create inconvenience when attempting to exclude entire regions. This being taken into account, we will also be releasing this in a patch.

All in all, thank you for your suggestions. I have forwarded them all to our development team and they are actively in progress for being implemented. When they are fully implemented (most likely by the end of the week), I will personally let you know. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions until then, please email me. (I've attached my personal email below)

anthony@electricapps.net