Xero

Beautiful online accounting software

From $11/month. 30-day free trial. External charges may apply.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Shopify integration by Xero illustration

Zero Natural

Location New Zealand

Do not install this app, this app doesn't work, there are huge gaps. Worst of all, deleting the app doesn't stop the charges, and it is impossible to stop them. Logging into your Xero account doesn't even give you any options to stop the subscription and therefore the billing. And when you contact support... you get none. A seriously bad look for Xero. C'mon Shopify... it isn't a good look for you either! There are enough reviews saying the same thing here surely for action either by Xero or Shopify!

eandbco

Location New Zealand

Terrible app - do not use. Will continue to charge long after you have deleted the app from shopify and xero. I can not find a way to stop the payments :(

June 19, 2022

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and we’d like to put this right for you. We understand you’ve been in touch with our support team who have canceled your subscription. You’ll also hear from our team shortly regarding a refund.

We’re working hard to make sure our integration works beautifully for all our customers and we take your feedback seriously. Our team are currently working on a free 30-day trial for our Xero Shopify integration so customers will be able to see if it's a good fit for their business before purchase.

If you have any additional feedback for our Product team, please let us know when we email you regarding the refund.

Thanks,

Bird Valley

Location Australia

This app is useless. Warning ⚠️ it will continue to change you after you delete it from your shopify page. Be sure to log into Xero online (not through an app) and delete it fully from your subscriptions.

June 19, 2022

Hi there,

We’re sorry to read this review and understand our team has been in touch to discuss your experience and offer a refund.

We’re working hard to make sure our integration works beautifully for all our customers and we take your feedback seriously. The team is currently working on a free 30-day trial for our Xero Shopify integration so customers will be able to see if it's a good fit for their business before purchase.

If you have any additional feedback for our Product team, please let us know by emailing us back and we’ll ensure it gets passed along.

Thanks,

MyFooDen

Xero integration is grossly deceitful! If you run a Shopify store and have multiple transactions with varying VAT rates or if not all your transactions are either with VAT or without VAT, than this app will not work for you at all. On top, it will cause costly troubles. Our experience so far has been terrible and the integration caused us to declare WRONG vat return figures. Before they say we were supposed to check each box and each transaction line behind it, we say: Are you not our "beautiful online accounting software" that is supposed to "seamlessly automatise" transactions? Apparently not. Here are the highlights of our experience with them so far:
1. First, they claim to be a "beautiful online accounting software", yet EVERY TIME we interact with them, either by call or through a case, we are being referred to seek advise from a qualified/professional third party accountant.
REALLY? We thought that is what Xero is and this is what Xero claims, obviously, flagrantly deceitful. 2. It does not sync your shopify transactions correctly. You will end up with multiple transaction lines with no information on which one has VAT attributed and which one does not. Very deceitful. 3. They claim you will save time by eliminating the stress of manual data entry. WRONG and deceitful. This is exactly what they asked me to do when confronting about the errors and troubles the integration brings along. We do not recommend Xero, based on the points above.

April 6, 2022

Hi there,

We’re sorry to read about your experience. Right now we are working hard to ensure our integration works beautifully for our customers and we take your feedback very seriously.

We have discussed your feedback with our Product and Support teams and want to make this right for you. As a gesture of goodwill, we will be offering you a refund of fees for the Shopify integration and you will hear from our Customer Service team via email directly on this.

Additionally, we’ll be reviewing our Shopify content, including online and support materials to make sure we’re very clear regarding our integration’s key features and benefits.

If there’s anything further you think will help - or if you wish to provide any more feedback, please let us know when we email you regarding the refund.

No Guilt Bakes

I could not get this to work at all, neither could my bookkeeper and it ended up making a mess of our accounts that delayed our end of period accounts. Then when i actually deleted the app, Xero still charged me 2 months of service and refused to refund it despite being able to tell that it doesnt work AND I was no longer to connected to it. Terrible customer service.

March 31, 2022

Hi there,

We’re sorry to read about your experience and would like to put this right for you.

We’ve consulted with our Customer Service team and will be processing a full-refund. You will hear from us with these details via email.

We’re working hard to make sure our integration works beautifully for all our customers and we take your feedback very seriously. If you need any further assistance, or would like to provide further feedback please let us know by logging a ticket at Xero Central (https://central.xero.com/s/contact-support) or letting our Customer Service team know when you hear from them regarding the refund.

Mami Wata - UK

Not great. Should not be a difficult APP to facilitate, seems like the APP requires some further testing and improvements.
Problems - can't select control accounts as payment methods, sales tax account difficulties

March 25, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and please know we take your feedback seriously.

We understand you've been in touch with our Xero customer support team and we hope we were able to provide the solutions you were looking for. If further support is needed, or if you'd like to give more feedback please reach out directly to us via Xero Central https://central.xero.com/s/contact-support

Buttery Horse Co.

I wish I had the hours of my life back that I spent trying to get this app to work. Neither Xero nor Shopify support could get it to work properly. In the end I've had to delete it and cut my losses.

March 10, 2022

Hi there,

We’re sorry to read about your experience. Right now we’re working hard to make sure our integration works beautifully for all our customers and we take your feedback seriously.

Could you please get in touch with our dedicated customer support team at Xero who will be happy to help or further discuss your feedback: https://central.xero.com/s/contact-support

EJO & Co

Why are you still charging me?? I've disabled your app, & deleted it and your still charging me!! Please sort this out!

February 21, 2022

Hi there,

We’re sorry to read this feedback. If you haven’t logged a ticket with us already, please reach out to us via Xero Central so we can help you with this.

You can contact us here: https://central.xero.com/s/contact-support

Dr. Koala

An absolute trash. Not even a single Shopify Payout matches. How can XERO make such a trash? I doubt if the dev has tested the function. You waste my time to install, set up, and delete the mess this app has created.
I installed this app this first few days after this app launched in November. No question because I TRUST XERO!! I tried to get used to this integration by studying different sources as I am not a bookkeeper. I thought that was my lack of knowledge cause the mess. However, the mess grows when time passes and I finally realized there is some development problem with the app itself. Extreme disappointment. Shame on you XERO.

February 11, 2022

Hi there, we’re sorry to hear about your experience.

We’re working hard to make sure this integration works beautifully for our customers so we take feedback like this very seriously. Wasting someone’s time is never on our agenda.

We have put together a range of resources which can be found on Xero Central here: https://central.xero.com/s/article/Connect-to-Shopify - however, we’re always open to learning and gaining feedback on how we can make the on-boarding and setup process easier and more seamless.

We’d really appreciate the chance to talk through your feedback and experience via email or phone with our dedicated support team to see if we can help. Please get in touch with us via https://central.xero.com/s/contact-support and note this review.

MISHKAH

Rubbish No free trial as advertised and charged $22 instead of $11 as per the app costing does not import merchant charges with payouts

February 9, 2022

Hi there, we’re sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

We’re working hard to make sure our integration works beautifully for our customers so feedback like this really helps.

We’ve tried to get in touch via email and phone to discuss this matter, but in the meantime we’ve also passed your message along to our Product and Marketing teams and will also review our terms and conditions and support pages to make sure things are super clear - if there’s anything you think will help, please let us know by return email.

Previous 1