Yotpo: Product & Photo Reviews

Yotpo: Product & Photo Reviews

by Yotpo

Collect product reviews, photo reviews, site reviews & ratings

Ting And Tings

I just downloaded it and I'm a bit disappointed that you have to UPGRADE in order to send automatic emails to the customer. I wish I knew this before I downloaded it.

Igift

NEW UPDATE:

As of September 1. 2015. the premium version will send all of your reviews to google! Without moderation or being able to eliminate negative reviews placed by customers or former employees, etc. So expect to do battle with Google if you want bad/fraudulent reviews removed. Bad move Yotpo.

UPDATE:

Despite our original concerns, this company does seem to be quite legitimate.The vast majority of its users are free users with access to limited services. The $12 million + it has raised in funding is being used effectively to produce an app that has interesting features. Some of the features are still in BETA stage (which is not mentioned in its ads), while most others are fully functional.

We have purchased the PRO version. The sales tactics are a bit aggressive. The introduction people are located in Israel so it is best to contact them in the early morning. They do assign someone to all prousers to help with installation, problems, etc. which is very impressive..

We did get over 80 reviews in the last few days -- as Yotpo send review requests back to January (without our permission and to our surprise). We are happy with the number of reviews, Some were great, some were helpful and we got a few rants as well. No surprises here.

The google benefits are too early to test/review.

Overall, the company is impressive. When we know more about the Google/SEO benefits we will update our review. I am not sure about the concern that Yotpo may be technically spamming our customers but will investigate. Our customers have not complained. We cannot give 5 starts because of the way they dealt with the initial signup. And also the fact that some of the benefits are in beta worried us. When we know more, we will update our review.

Original Review:

We are a little scared of this company. A couple of weeks ago we signed up with the free app. We sent out 50 review requests and then were promptly cutoff. We got 6 reviews so we thought this was good! Being cutoff after sending 50 reviews is to be expected in the free version. However we wanted to send 750-1000 review requests a month.

So we started to investigate the price tag of over $2000 USD per year. We felt it might be worth it if it really worked. So we started to look at Shopify sites that gave Yotpo 5 star reviews to see how the google results were going. Most of the companies that gave Yotpo 5 star reviews do not exist or do not use Yotpo for reviews. So we became very concerned. We couldn't find one Shopify site with Yotpo that had their review listed in google. Not 1.

So we called Yotpo. They gave us the name of two companies and showed us how they got 5 stars showing up in google by having us login remotely to their computers. They said we would not see the five stars from our google search because the companies were from New York. We believed this. The salesman, Kunal Khemlani seemed very convincing.

On Thursday they offered a 20% discount to try to get us to sign up. We agreed but they said we had to pay for 3 months in advance. They said we were committed for a year. They would send us a contract and on Saturday we would be walked through the signup and procedures.

We haven't heard from them since. I wonder if they are scam artists? I feek rather foolish.

G2G Sport Chicago

Yes it's great to collect reviews but what good is it if you cannot leverage them? I would give it 0 stars. I cannot believe people rate this app 5 stars, they must not know what the competition can do. There is nothing to leverage the reviews to drive business to your site. Support is marginal. Reviews will not synchronize with google. Cannot send reviews to facebook pages. Reviews are not search engine indexed. They are no where to be found if you google your reviews! We will work a transition plan to someone better than just collect reviews. Reviews are our most important asset and we need to leverage them better. if you need to know how, just look at what the competition is doing.

Dr. Fill-In

I hate this app - the free version anyway. When you get a review or a question it gets posted to your site and there is NO way to respond for less than $200/mo...
I have tried to contact the developer with no response.
Canceling the app today...

INNOVO GROUPS

Poor App. Pathetic word limit with no way to post video. Unbelievable. You would think this is something easily resolved in the 21st century

Shikleli Bāyko

Hi,

I came across this app for customer reviews, and was really impressed with its capabilities.

I highly recommend this app! A must have for all online stores!

Yet I give it only one star - reason being - it is not supported on IE 8 and IE 9!!! This app needs to support all popular browsers! Is that too much to ask?!?!?

Bee Good

Be extremely careful before you install this app - It started spewing out unformatted review request emails to my existing customers before I had even logged into the client portal for the first time!!!

It's caused no end of confusion amongst my client base, some of whom have accused me of spamming them!

Yotpo's support team don't seem to understand what is going on either which has hardly left me brimming with confidence...

Swing Design

Avoid this app if you ever want to grow your business to more than 25 orders a month. Seems like others have the same issue. Yotpo starts off with a free version then try to pressure you into a huge contract! Way too expensive. They want to bill me over $1000 a month for this app when shopify has one for free that offers Google SEO. They charge you for every email that goes out. If you have integration to other online stores through shopify apps you are billed for those emails as well even though the customer did not order on the shopify site. Google offers free product review star ratings, but if you want to have your yotpo product reviews (not site) to show up then they make you buy their pro version. That is 8k up front for the year. They will say well it's 15k but we are giving you a deal. Alternative is to add something much less expensive like trust pilot. You will spent a fraction of what YOTPO pushes you into without any contract. Go with TrustSpot and the google app and your costs will be a fraction with the same results.

Worldofmoose

Awful customer service (unless you want to upgrade) We used to love Yotpo but since we updated our theme and lost the app we have been trying to get some help with reinstalling. Terrible service! No response to four attempts to contact them. We looked at upgrading our Yotpo account but the prices seem to leap up and we just can't afford it for a small business.

Mycase

Changed new theme, having problem to re-install the code of Yotpo, took 5 days to receive a reply from them with installation instruction, but I still having trouble placing the code to the right place so I message them again and since then never get a response from them. For free user they don't really care & unwilling to help.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next