Yotpo: Photo & Product Reviews

Yotpo: Photo & Product Reviews

by Yotpo

Collect product reviews, photo reviews, site reviews & ratings

Testingavast

Not sure how this is such a high rated app. It is very glitchy and support is almost non existent. We waited over 2 weeks to have reviews imported from old site and still nothing. Why can't we import a simply csv rather than wait for someone else to do (or not) it?

80 Arms

We loved using the "forever free" plan for Yotpo for the past year. Turns out "forever" didn't last too long. What a lie. I just got an email saying they are getting rid of our free plan and will switch us to their "new" forever free plan which eliminates almost all the functionality of our current plan. If we want to keep the functionality we currently have, we will have to pay $500 per month. That's more than 2x as much as our entire shopify plan. I'd be willing to pay something, but this is ludicrous. Yotpo's pan is to get you hooked then screw you.

Nz Tools

Great for Free, but if you want to do anything really with it, it is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! It is not a tool a small business owner could afford to purchase, especially, when you have no idea if it would really make that much of a difference posting your reviews to your social media account.

Why not offer a free trial on premium for a month so people can see if it's worth the expense? Not only that, also offer a monthly payment plan? But then $500 a month is still pretty ridiculous.

Navngivenstjerne

Installed it and settings and dashboard was down. Had no control, so it auto-published some really bad reviews to the site and I couldn't edit or remove - despite having fixed everything with the customer and both of us wanted to change it!

+ the graphical layout was clonky and not to pretty.

Deleted the app, but found it very hard to remove from frontend.

Sorry, not at all a fan.

Ting And Tings

I just downloaded it and I'm a bit disappointed that you have to UPGRADE in order to send automatic emails to the customer. I wish I knew this before I downloaded it.

Igift

NEW UPDATE:

As of September 1. 2015. the premium version will send all of your reviews to google! Without moderation or being able to eliminate negative reviews placed by customers or former employees, etc. So expect to do battle with Google if you want bad/fraudulent reviews removed. Bad move Yotpo.

UPDATE:

Despite our original concerns, this company does seem to be quite legitimate.The vast majority of its users are free users with access to limited services. The $12 million + it has raised in funding is being used effectively to produce an app that has interesting features. Some of the features are still in BETA stage (which is not mentioned in its ads), while most others are fully functional.

We have purchased the PRO version. The sales tactics are a bit aggressive. The introduction people are located in Israel so it is best to contact them in the early morning. They do assign someone to all prousers to help with installation, problems, etc. which is very impressive..

We did get over 80 reviews in the last few days -- as Yotpo send review requests back to January (without our permission and to our surprise). We are happy with the number of reviews, Some were great, some were helpful and we got a few rants as well. No surprises here.

The google benefits are too early to test/review.

Overall, the company is impressive. When we know more about the Google/SEO benefits we will update our review. I am not sure about the concern that Yotpo may be technically spamming our customers but will investigate. Our customers have not complained. We cannot give 5 starts because of the way they dealt with the initial signup. And also the fact that some of the benefits are in beta worried us. When we know more, we will update our review.

Original Review:

We are a little scared of this company. A couple of weeks ago we signed up with the free app. We sent out 50 review requests and then were promptly cutoff. We got 6 reviews so we thought this was good! Being cutoff after sending 50 reviews is to be expected in the free version. However we wanted to send 750-1000 review requests a month.

So we started to investigate the price tag of over $2000 USD per year. We felt it might be worth it if it really worked. So we started to look at Shopify sites that gave Yotpo 5 star reviews to see how the google results were going. Most of the companies that gave Yotpo 5 star reviews do not exist or do not use Yotpo for reviews. So we became very concerned. We couldn't find one Shopify site with Yotpo that had their review listed in google. Not 1.

So we called Yotpo. They gave us the name of two companies and showed us how they got 5 stars showing up in google by having us login remotely to their computers. They said we would not see the five stars from our google search because the companies were from New York. We believed this. The salesman, Kunal Khemlani seemed very convincing.

On Thursday they offered a 20% discount to try to get us to sign up. We agreed but they said we had to pay for 3 months in advance. They said we were committed for a year. They would send us a contract and on Saturday we would be walked through the signup and procedures.

We haven't heard from them since. I wonder if they are scam artists? I feek rather foolish.

G2G Sport Chicago

Yes it's great to collect reviews but what good is it if you cannot leverage them? I would give it 0 stars. I cannot believe people rate this app 5 stars, they must not know what the competition can do. There is nothing to leverage the reviews to drive business to your site. Support is marginal. Reviews will not synchronize with google. Cannot send reviews to facebook pages. Reviews are not search engine indexed. They are no where to be found if you google your reviews! We will work a transition plan to someone better than just collect reviews. Reviews are our most important asset and we need to leverage them better. if you need to know how, just look at what the competition is doing.

Dr. Fill-In

I hate this app - the free version anyway. When you get a review or a question it gets posted to your site and there is NO way to respond for less than $200/mo...
I have tried to contact the developer with no response.
Canceling the app today...

INNOVO GROUPS

Poor App. Pathetic word limit with no way to post video. Unbelievable. You would think this is something easily resolved in the 21st century

Shikleli Bāyko

Hi,

I came across this app for customer reviews, and was really impressed with its capabilities.

I highly recommend this app! A must have for all online stores!

Yet I give it only one star - reason being - it is not supported on IE 8 and IE 9!!! This app needs to support all popular browsers! Is that too much to ask?!?!?

1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 12