Yotpo Product & Photo Reviews

Rating (4.9)
Developer
4.9
June 28, 2017

Ridiculously overpriced app for what you get. Used to be good when they started out. No app is worth €400+ a month. Get over yourselves guys. Much better out there for cheaper.

Ftkclothing
Ireland
Time spent using app: 13 days
June 24, 2017

All was good until I want to change the color for look and feel. Just continuously loads and won't update, waste of time

Saddle Crew
Time spent using app: About 3 hours
Edited June 15, 2021

Reviews and Q&A are ok but you can get the same for MUCH cheaper. UGC does not have an easy to use interface...much better off with Foursixty for Shoppable Instagram. Reps take weeks to get assistance

Lizzyjames
Time spent using app: About 5 years
April 17, 2017

Probably the worst customer service I've ever encountered. Asking them a simple question means days of emails designed to beat around the bush and up sell you on their extraordinarily high priced plan.

I really wanted to like their product but they are basically a scam at this point. Stay away from these used car salesman.

Beach And Dog Co
Time spent using app: 4 months
Edited April 7, 2017

I'm REALLY REALLY PISSED NOW! I just discovered that there is no way to remove a review COMPLETELY from the web. These reviews are stored "somewhere else" and 'belong to the reviewer".

Not anymore. I will uninstall this immediately after writing this.

The last 3 "reviews" I've received were things like,
1-star, haven't gotten it yet.
2 stars, the package was smashed...yet I ship out a small flat bubble envelope with a soft leather product in it.
1- star, the package hasn't arrived yet....

The part about this is...These reviews are NOT reviews of MY service nor OUR product. They are from people who just have a hair up their butt because the mailman was a day late and my company gets the hit.... that never goes away. AND...if you don't PAY YOTPO....you can't reply nor defend yourself or your business.

Unglove
Time spent using app: About 2 months
March 26, 2017

Terrible app, scam artists, its not free. Free to install, pay to use. can't even use basic functions without paying. How about let the users try the basic features like reviews with pictures and video and charge for the rest of the BS. I hope your start up fails you scam artist!

Uber Appliance0
Time spent using app: 7 minutes
March 23, 2017

I don't normally write negative reviews, but I am frustrated beyond belief and I would NOT recommend Yotpo to anyone — friend or foe!!! My customer reviews have not been not showing up on my website for months. I'll give you that you responded to me a couple of times; then, after that, I guess you just decided it would be easier to ignore me and the problem. I see from reading the negative reviews that I'm not the only one. If you ask me, you have the worst customer service on the planet. I can't believe you have the audacity to tell me I should try to contact the developer now — before I post this negative review. Seriously?!? How dare you!?! I did exactly what I was supposed to do for the last two months, you dropped the ball. You don't deserve another chance. I contacted customer service too many times to list. I even tried going through your website, which apparently only wants to deal with me if I'm a 'potential' customer not an 'existing' customer with complaints. I even warned your customer service people that if I didn't hear back I would be switching apps and writing a negative review. So my actions should come as no surprise. What I say to you Mr. App Developer is your company should get their customer service act together!!! My time and my business are just as valuable as yours and if you expect to keep customers you should treat them with the respect they deserve.

Homespunandhandson
Time spent using app: 11 months
Edited March 7, 2017

Highly misleading pricing structure... Yotpo reviews are NOT indexable by Google, i.e. they add limited Search/Content value to your website, UNLESS you upgrade to their Powerhouse package which is like $8k+ a year. So you could effectively accumulate lots of reviews (great) then decide once you've enough, to mark up your pages and show Google some unique unbiased content on your website... Only to find they are unindexable unless you pay $8k+ (not so great!)

For such baseline / simplistic functionality this seems quite a predatory approach to pricing a review platform.

Mahi Leather
Time spent using app: About 1 month
March 1, 2017

Upon downloading this app, it automatically started emailing my customers asking for a review even if they had not gotten there products yet. It went of the default settings they had, it should not have been automated until I had a chance to check the settings and enable it myself! You guys need to fix this!

Gymfreakapparel
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
February 23, 2017

Really expensive like crazy!! its seems better to go with the shopify made reviews app. i wonder how so many are happy with the Lite version with such a limited functionality.

Greendoor Botanicals