Yotpo Product & Photo Reviews

Rating (4.9)
Developer
4.9
August 2, 2022

The pricing is not transparent from the beginning. I've had the app installed for a couple of years. In that time frame, we've upgraded our plan a couple times from the free plan. We got to the point where I wanted to use their unique coupon code generator. The app says "click here to upgrade". I click there. I upgrade. It still says I need to upgrade. Contacted them. Come to find out that what it told me to upgrade to, does not actually include the feature I was trying to get. Weird then why would it have me "click to upgrade". After much probing and no straight forward answers, they finally proceed to tell me there is a minimum of $8,000 investment annually for the plan that includes a unique coupon generator (it does also include other features in said plan). I am now looking for a better and more affordable alternative for my small business.

Everly Made
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
Yotpo replied August 14, 2022

We greatly appreciate your time in leaving your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. Our customer support has tried reaching out to you, but unfortunately, we did not hear back from you. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time either by replying to our emails or by opening a new support ticket.

July 25, 2022

We installed the app just for a quick test. We didn't even go past the page where you need to create an account or have finished setting up the app. But it sent automatically 200+ review request emails to our customers without us even knowing it.

molamodel-us
Brazil
Time spent using app: 22 days
Yotpo replied August 14, 2022

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please know that we completely understand your frustration and we apologize for any inconvenience. As per our investigation, our customer support has reached out to you twice, including an email on August 1st. Unfortunately, we have not heard back from you yet. Please know that our support team is ready and available to you at all times. Feel free to reach out to us at any time by replying to our emails or opening a new support ticket.

July 23, 2022

Very bad onboarding experience. Once they make a presentation, then it is not easy to get help. Our onboarding has never been succeeded yet. Thinking to cancel and get a refund.

Oxa Leather
Time spent using app: 23 days
Yotpo replied August 14, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please know that we hear and understand your frustration. After looking into your case we see that all issues raised in this review have been handled. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time if this is not the case or if you have any lingering questions or concerns.

July 15, 2022

the worst customer service I have ever experienced, if you think you need help do not use this app, on the other hand I could not finish the installation because it was very complicated and when I asked a question I had to wait 24 hours for the answer, they just They know how to send marketing emails and they have been blocked in my emails.

Life for Pawz
Time spent using app: 3 days
Yotpo replied August 14, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we truly appreciate it. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Our customer support has tried reaching out to you twice, but unfortunately, we did not hear back from you. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time either by replying to our emails or by opening a new support ticket.

June 24, 2022

I only wanted a loyalty and rewards program, instead, yotpo asked me to install a whole bunch of other apps. Tried booking a demo with them and other than the automated reply email, the scheduled demo got canceled without any explanation and no reschedule was offered. (schedule link was being closed). So I went and booked a demo for the second through their site and my booking was notified by one of their team member 10 minutes before the call telling me their office is not opened on that day. (Then why did you confirm the booking in the first place? and perhaps you could of informed me earlier? I could have had other arrangements but rather my time slot was wasted because of the last-minute notice/no-show.)
Possibly one of the worst customer services experienced from any app on Shopify or any other criteria.
Think twice if you're thinking about going for them.

TRANZEND TW
Taiwan
Time spent using app: 6 days
Yotpo replied August 14, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we take every review very seriously. As far as we know the demo was successfully done on June 28th. Please let us know if you have any lingering issues or concerns.

June 9, 2022

Ich habe bereits das L&R Programm von Yotpo, das gefällt mir sehr gut. Nun wollte ich als Ergänzung gerne das Bewertungsprogramm abonnieren, damit ich beide Apps in Ergänzung zueinander habe. Leider ist beim Bewertungsprogramm nicht mal eine einfache Änderung der Texte im Widget möglich. Die deutschen Texte gefallen mir aber gar nicht, es wird "gesiezt", in meinem Shop wird "geduzt" und auch einige andere Sätze hätte ich gerne verändert. Aber dafür muss man tief in die Tasche greifen, da bleibe ich bei meinem jetzigen Bewertungsprogramm, das ist für "kleines Geld" in allen Bereichen anpaßbar. Sehr schade und einige Arbeit und Zeit umsonst investiert. Der Support anwortet schnell, dafür gibt es ein PLUS

Pomppa Shop Deutschland
Germany
Time spent using app: About 22 hours
Yotpo replied August 14, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We absolutely hear and sympathize with your frustration about not being able to have access to some of our features. Our customer service has reached out to you recently to try and resolve your issues but sadly we have not heard back. Please feel free to reach out to us any time and we will do our utmost to try and help you.

April 21, 2022

RUN AWAY! We tried to make the switch from Judge.me to Yotpo in order to get the Google trusted reviews integration. We have the enterprise version so we had a custom implementation. The implementation took 7 months due to lots of issues on the implementation and account management teams, and it FINALLY went live yesterday - at which point over 10,000 customers were mistakenly sent review requests for extremely old purchases, in some cases orders made 6 months ago. We're now dealing with a flood of confused and annoyed customers. This was after being assured that only customers who ordered in the last ~3 weeks would be emailed. Literally the least professional and biggest waste of time I've ever encountered.

The Foggy Dog
Time spent using app: 10 months
Yotpo replied August 14, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it is invaluable to us. David from our customer support team has reached out to you and we are still waiting on your response. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time, and we would be more than happy to help you with any issues or concerns.

April 16, 2022

automatically sets to send out emails to your customers. I downloaded the app and then one day later it sent out over 200 emails to my customers without me turning that one or having a chance to edit the email.

Cedar Planters
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Yotpo replied April 24, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Firstly, we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. After looking into your case, a customer support agent has reached out to you twice in order to assist you but unfortunately, we have not heard back from you yet. If you are still experiencing any lingering issues or if there is anything we can assist you with, please feel free to reply to our email or directly reach out at any time and we will do our best to help.

April 4, 2022

They are not transparent with pricing. Waste of time, much cheaper alternatives out there and the widgets look poor.

Gift Moments
Time spent using app: 13 minutes
February 25, 2022

Misleading pricing information. Also, to be able to get Google Product Ratings, it's $119/mo for only 250 orders where other platforms offer much less for 1,000+ orders. Unfortunately I'm switching after 3 years of use.

Prep-Right Survival
Time spent using app: About 2 years
Yotpo replied August 14, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please know that we hear and sympathize with your frustration about not being able to have access to some of our more advanced features. We always want to ensure a business is on its 'right fit' plan -- meaning how much you're paying should align with the services you're receiving and what your business needs to see success with Yotpo. This pricing model is intended to most comfortably scale with your business, but we understand that it is not always the perfect fit. We are saddened to see you go, but please reach out to us if there is anything we can do to help with your transition.