Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos

Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos

by Yotpo

Collect product reviews, photo reviews, site reviews & ratings

Bettawear

Yotpo works well for obtaining reviews and posting them to your site. BE FOREWARNED, however, that you will not be able to access the most helpful functionality (Google Seller Rating for CPC ads and organic listings and social media sharing of reviews) without upgrading to the $399/month version. Other reviewers have made similar comments, so I won't beat a dead horse, but this is a ludicrous amount for the average small business on Shopify, especially DIY startups. Shopify's own review app provides much of the functionality of the free version of Yotpo. This company is missing the big picture (ironically), which is always keep the needs of your customer foremost in mind.

Brodetest

Not for small sites, under-featured, too expensive.

The free version is under-featured and nearly useless (only 50 review requests per month.) The starter version at $25 per month doesn't add any features. You have to get the $300/month to get *some* of the features. And the good stuff is at the $500/month level.

Additionally, even while testing the free version, it was not performing anywhere close to what they advertised. We were getting only 1% review conversion, when 10% was advertised as a benchmark. When I asked support if they had any resources to improve conversions, they told me to upgrade to paid plan. When I said that their core service was not performing like expected, and we would need to see that it was effective, they said that the Free plan only sends 50 emails per month, because apparently Yotpo support doesn't know what a percentage is.

We use many paid apps, and every single one of them has a plan where we get a nearly full-featured service, with ability to implement and optimize, and pay for utilization capacity, rather then a brutally under-feature service which doesn't allow us to actually see if the service will have a positive ROI. Sorry, but I don't trust salespeople.

It may be cost effective and have a positive ROI. If Yotpo believed this, and trusted it, they would *at least* give a trial period (They don't have any trial period!!)

It's completely within their rights to not care about smaller sites, but if you're doing less than $1million revenue, there are more cost effective options out there.

I don't have a complaint about the software, really. Even though it under-performed, I bet that could be improved. Their plan and pricing model is just prohibitive.

Xo Safety

Priced for enterprise users - not for Shopify clients. The review engine is nice, but if you want any features it is a MASSIVE jump in price. They make it sound like its an easy upgrade to the useful features - it is not. I am one step above the free version at $25 dollars a month. Just to get the basic feature of responding to reviews, the price goes up 12x. (That's right, an extra $275 a month.) Plus they also charge you for each email sent out after a set amount. (That's right, not completed reviews, just email requests)

I am not sure why it costs an extra $3,300 a year just for the basic feature of responding to reviews, but it does.

I am sure it's great for Zappos, but not even close to reasonably priced for a small business.

Pursebox.ca

The app is ok, but the support is so bad, that you better hope you don't have any issues. I contacted them in 3 ways - 2 emails and 1 chat (on their site). The chat rep responded 4 days later, telling me to email them. The email rep responded 4 days later telling me that what I need to do is possible, but didn't tell me how to do it. At that point, why have a support department at all?

Ambrosia

We make half of our sales online and through Shopify POS. Yotpo only works for online purchases, NOT available for your POS customers. There is no feature to manually send out reviews, otherwise we could have made this app work for us. We tried to get help, but we had to go with a different direction.

Griffin Jerky

Did a good job but there was no way to turn off sending a review request to returning customers, which annoyed many of my loyal customers who thought I was spamming them, so I had to disable it. Hopefully the Shopify review app handles this better.

Thesquatchallenge.com

I tried using this app, they just want to sell it to you by any means, reviews stopped coming into the app when they were actually showing in the website, if you plan to not pay for it don't get the shopify review app it is much better.

Bona Fide Skin Care

EDITED: This app was great at the start (see original review which was over a year ago), however "back then" I was a premium customer, and now the Premium features that were so alluring aren't even available to my "price level".
I was paying more for this app than for my Shopify store itself - with no benefits. Reviews really dropped off the past few months even though I had more sales and didn't change anything.
I've gone with Judge.me which is a much better price, EXCELLENT customer service, and the app just looks better.

ORIGINAL (that I got 30days free for writing) - Excellent app - looks really good and the automatic email is great. I had to ask support a fairly simple question and they replied fast. Highly recommended.

Trialperiod

The Application itself is amazing. We had a five star review up before they decided they really wanted to get greedy. The guy who helped us set it up was super helpful and did everything we wanted. The issue we had was the gigantic price increase.

We were paying 9,000 dollars a year for the program, which is more than any other program we have by 2x, and this year after renewal they contacted us saying they wanted 14,000 this year. A 5,000 dollar increase from the year before.

The guy who pitched it to me was a complete car salesman type and really just makes you feel like a victim of the deal. "Well our program is worth it. O our guy didn't say this was a promotional yearly discount?"

I have 0 apps in my store that change their pricing. Even shopify doesn't change their pricing when you go month to month.

It is a very shady and sad business tactic and I remember seeing a lot of 1 star reviews on here regarding it and now they are 5 again. I am not sure what that is about but here we are.

1 2 3 5 Next